Seunghyun 1

LOVELESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Senghyun POV

 

Our villa was quiet when my son was finally sleeping. This place is quiet and refreshing far from noise of busy city, we always like it here, especially Changhyun. His sound of soft breath filled the room, it was calming. We were in our family room, the television was still playing a movie I didn’t even bother to watch.

 

He was sleeping on my lap for hours. He was asleep after watching his favorite movie, The Good Dinosaur. He usually never fell asleep during this movie but I guess he was worn out. Today we had fun. I picked him up after school and brought him to amusement park. He had been asking me and Dara to take him there, but just like any other bad father out there, I always too busy with our business. He ate a lot, he laughed a lot, he was so happy. For the first time in a while, I was contented.

 

And for a while, I forgot my wife has filed a divorce few days prior.

 

I looked at him lovingly while caressing his hair. It is amazing how a bad person like me could co-produce a kind of miracle, this little one. My son is beautiful, he is perfect sometimes I wonder whether do I really deserve him as a father. I probably never said it out loud, but I really love him with my whole heart. He is my life. I would not know what to do with my life if someone separated him away from me.

 

A familiar sound of footsteps suddenly heard behind me after I turned off the television. I knew this sound of footsteps very well. The sound I always look forward to every day. The footsteps were getting nearer until it stopped in front of me.

 

“You kidnapped him” she said as she crossed her arms.

 

“I’ve texted you about our location.” I answered as matter of fact.

 

“Yea, AFTER you had taken him.” She intentionally emphasized “after”.

 

“You could’ve just told me to bring him back to you if you weren’t okay about him with me” I shrugged.

 

“Yup.” She nodded.

 

“Yet you didn’t.” I finally looked at her.

 

Her hair was a ponytail. She was wearing a soft pink button down shirt which tucked inside her skinny jeans. She folded her sleeves to her elbows and sighed. Oh God, she is beautiful. I was star struck. I didn’t know beauty could come out from such simplicity. I didn’t realize I was staring.

 

I snapped out of my daze when she suddenly bent down to pick up our son.

 

“Are you taking him home now?” I complained.

 

“No. I’m going to put him to his bed. Your feet look numb already.”

 

It was true that my feet were numb I could not even feel it anymore. It has been hours I didn’t move my feet because I was afraid it could woke my son up. The pain was worth it though.

 

It has been about thirty minutes after Dara took our son to his room. She came back freshly bathed and sat down next to me. She already changed to her pajama. Her flawless brown hair is still wet and kinda messy, it flowed freely and beautifully to her shoulders. She looked so beautiful even though her make up already wiped out. But closely, she looked exhausted, there were dark eye bags under her pretty eyes. Did you cry lots Dara? Did I cause that? Did I hurt you that much?

 

It was eleventh o’clock pm when it suddenly was pouring hard outside, making the air feels more chilly.

 

Dara suddenly stood up, stepped out from her slippers and walked barefoot toward the little bar we have in our villa.

 

“I’m going to get some wine, you want some?” she offered as she took out a bottle of red wine and two glasses.

 

“Yea”

 

She handed me one glass and poured some wine to our glasses. I took a sip straight away.

 

She put the bottle at the table and sat down. She took a big gulp and then winced.

 

There was silence.

 

She took another big gulp.

 

There was another silence.

 

I didn’t dare to say anything.

 

She sighed and said “Seunghyun?”

 

“Yea?” I said sofly.

 

“I’m tired.” She muttered.

 

“Of me?” I glanced at her hoping she would not take any offense.

 

She unexpect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter