Sandara

LOVELESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sandara POV

 

 

We were a couple. But not a happy-slash-full of love couple anyone might think. We’ve never been a real couple. Ours had always been a marriage of…convenience. We acknowledge this from the very beginning.

 

Seunghyun wasn’t cold, but he was distant. It was his mother that introduced us to each other. His mother and I met in some charity events together. We got close ever since. His mother loved me so much so she wanted his son to marry me. I still have no idea why. Being a good son he is and considering that his mother was badly ill that time, he agreed to marry me. Well honestly, we weren’t actually forced to marry. No, I am not poor. And no, I am not using him for paying my family huge debt. My family has never been in any huge debt anyway. I didn’t refuse, maybe I was lonely and tired of being alone. Who could turn down a drop dead gorgeous man anyway? I should have. But I didn’t.

 

We were both 25 when we got married. Our wedding was the biggest wedding of the year. It was so beautiful, a dream wedding for many girls. Many news sites, national and international, broadcasted the marriage of the sole heir of Choi Group Companies and a summa laude Korea University graduate. A handsome rich guy married a beautiful smart girl. A perfect couple and a perfect wedding, people said. Little did they know.

 

Despite being pushed to marry each other, we were both practical and ambitious enough to see our reunion as the one that could bring us advantages for both sides. His family money and connection goes in to my ambition of being city major and a perfect woman in his mother’s eyes to carry the next heir of Choi Group Companies.

 

For the past seven years, that silent agreement and reconciliation remained in place. It took us two years after marriage when we finally have Changhyun between us, our beautiful son. We honestly didn’t put much effort in making a baby, that’s why it took us long enough. It was pretty hard for both of us to make love with someone we don’t even love.

 

Seven years after marriage, I didn’t get what I wanted. Becoming a city mayor or having a high position in the government doesn’t seem tempting and pleasing anymore ever since our little Changhyun was born. He is my world, my only happiness. I want to be focused on him. So instead of making more connection in the government, I quitted my previous job and focused on doing charity projects for Seunghyun’s companies. I was building my own company too.

 

Our marriage always has been loveless and passionless, yes, but it became quite comfortable over the years. I’ve always thought romance was pointless anyway. But all changed when I caught sight of my husband kissing another woman in our bedroom.

 

O U R  B E D R O O M

 

It was pretty late that night. I was supposed to be back home the next day, but since the night event got cancelled I came back home as soon as I can. I couldn’t stand another day without being near my son. Maybe Seunghyun thought it was safe for him to bring another woman home. How could he be so dumb? No wonder my maid was so surprised and stuttered when she opened the door for me.

 

“Mrs. Choi, are you alright?” She always has been caring for me and Changhyun.

 

“Yes, Mrs. Yang.” I took a deep breath. ”Just please tell Mr. Yang not to park the car. Tell him to get ready again and wait for me outside in a few minutes. I’m going to take Changhyun first.” I said to my maid as I climbed upstairs.

 

“Y… Yes.” She ran outside looking for her husband.

 

I stopped when I reached my son’s room. He was sleeping peacefully oblivious of his father’s infidelity act. Totally unaware his father loves a woman who is not his own mother. Seeing him made something inside me breaking that moment. It felt like there was a huge bloom inside my ears. A really safe box that I buried deep inside at the very back of my mind blew up destroying every single layer of denials and pretenses. There was something broke free f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter