CHapter Three

What Can I do? I Loved You When You Love Somone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK!

 

During her second year in high school, Lee Jieun joined a photography club for fun. It was mostly a thirty-minute discussion on theories on photography and technical stuff and an hour for putting them into action. They were given a pass to just roam around school to shoot and take pictures, and that’s the reason why Jieun joined in the first place.

 

Jae went and joined a music club that year, and as much as she would love to be with her best friend, she wasn’t given any talent in music. So this year, she was on her own.

 

Jieun listened to their proctor for the first half hour and she just couldn’t wait to get out and take crappy pictures as she loitered around the campus. She mostly took photos of flowers and landscape and just depended on the power of her camera to make it official looking. It was a good thing they had a professional camera at home, so she didn’t have to buy one. (She wouldn’t pick this club if they hadn’t. Cameras are expensive.)

 

But as she roamed about the campus, she came into the pool area. She had no any intentions to visit the place prior, but something drew her there. She heard someone singing.

 

And not just the casual singing people do when they’re bored, or even Jae’s gifted singing as he haves fun, but sorrowful and soulful singing. Jieun didn’t understand the song since it was in English, but she could just feel the heartbreak and sadness in the singer’s voice that she couldn’t stop herself from walking towards it.

 

She walked slowly, and quietly, as she neared the open doors to the pool area, and she peaked at first to make sure she wouldn’t be seen. She looked for the voice’s owner and spotted him at the corner most part at the top of the bleachers. She couldn’t recognize the voice because she wasn’t familiar with it, until she carefully walked closer to her singer and there she saw him.

 

Kang Younghyun.

 

There were two other transferees with her when she arrived at Sekang High; Park Jaehyung, who she befriended and has since been her best friend, and him. Kang Younghyun.

 

He was the quiet one; the mysterious one. All freshmen year and this year, they’ve been classmates, but Jieun has yet to speak to him. She hasn’t even heard his voice.

 

Until now.

 

She was so bewitched by the scene that she didn’t even know she took her camera out and started taking photos of the boy, of this beauty. Jieun was just so lost in his voice as he sings, that she also wasn’t able realize that she stopped and just stared at Younghyun. She didn’t even realize that he has stopped singing and have discovered her until he was ten steps away from her.

 

“What are you doing?” She heard him ask with a rich, deep voice. She couldn’t understand how that soulful, airy voice from earlier be this deep.

 

“Uh, I was listening to you sing.” She said stupidly, still staring at Younghyun.

 

“I mean why are you here? And how did you find me here?” He asked with a hint of irritation. Jieun snapped out of her daze and realize what she just said.

 

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to spy on you!” She apologized profusely. “I was just walking around, looking for something to take photos of for my club activity, and I heard your voice. I just had to see.” She said. A little bit embarrassed for getting caught on her intrusion, and A WHOLE LOT EMBARRASSED FOR WHAT SHE JUST SAID!

 

It looked like Younghyun didn’t know how to respond to that because it took him a while to speak again.

 

“Well, did you like it?” Younghyun asked rather shyly, scratching the back of his head. Jieun found that adorable but didn’t say anything about it.

 

“Yes I did! It was really good!” She said with a little bit too much excitement. Younghyun paused before turning back.

 

“As long as you liked it, then.” He said with a downward gaze before he turned his back and left.

 

 

‘What was that?’ she thought to herself when she was alone. ‘Did that just really happen?’

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

 

“Yah, you haven’t told me when you started having a crush on Younghyun!” Jae teased his best friend yet again. It has been days since her confession, but he hasn’t pulled out any information out of Jieun no matter how much he teasing he does. They were sitting inside the library, finishing their home works because that’s what nerds do; doing their home works at school the day it was given. They’ve been studying for a while now and Jae was bored, so he figured he’d do a little bit of teasing.

 

“Stop it, Park Jaehyung. Someone might hear you!” Jieun pinched his arm. “I didn’t tell you that so you could tease me, Jae. Keep it down, please?” She said with pleading eyes. Jae didn’t know Jieun was this scared of being found out. He knew he’d have to back up when she stood up and left with the excuse of searching for another reference book.

 

*

 

As usual, Sungjin and Wonpil were at the library because Lee Jieun is there. They’ve been there for quite some time now, so Sungjin decided to might as well study and do their homework.

 

Yep, that’s what love does. It makes you a bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter