Chapter One

What Can I do? I Loved You When You Love Somone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the start of academic year at Sekang High and the students of class 3-A are excited to start their junior year. Excited to meet their friends again after the summer break, they walked their way to their classrooms.

 

A boy with round glasses was walking alone, getting passed by the school’s Ice Prince and his fanatics. He was reading his music sheets for this competition he’s planning on joining in, and he was deliberating which piece he should submit.

 

With his cherry blossom hair, he stood out amongst the generally dark haired students of Sekang High. It was a long and tough road for him during his fight for the approval of his bleached hair, but he came out victorious after his non-stop pleas and pestering to the prefect of student affairs, with promises of straight A’s and remembering the prefect once he makes it big in showbiz. He came into the school on his freshmen year and since then, he’s befriended almost everyone in campus, including the staff and maintenance crew along with most the student body.

 

“Whatchu got there, Jae?” A female voice said before his music sheets were taken from him. Jaehyung didn’t need to look at his snatcher’s face to know who it was.

 

“Give those back, Jieun-ah.” He said in a light-hearted tone, taking his sheets back. “I have to pick which piece I should use for the competition.” He added. Jieun chuckled before bumping him playfully as they continued walking.

 

“And do you plan to actually submit your piece this time?” She asked curiously, knowing full well how awfully talented but awfully indecisive her friend was. He has made countless masterpieces, and she feels it a shame that she is the only one who gets to hear them. Park Jaehyung and his songs deserve the spotlight; if only he’d have the courage to show them.

 

“I dunno, maybe?” Jae scratched the back of his head. “I mean, what if I pick the wrong song to send and it turns awful?” He asked insecurely. Jieun tsk-ed and shook her head disapprovingly at her best friend.

 

“I hope to hear your songs on the radio someday, Jae.” She said wishfully, not daring to say anything else before he succumbs to his shell yet again.

 

 

***

 

Jae and Jieun entered their classroom and it was like they never advanced into their third year because just like last school year, their class’ morning routine was still the same.

 

The front rows were occupied by the straight A’s students, like Jae and Jieun themselves, studying for the day’s lectures; but this time they were talking about how many extra classes they have taken in the summer.

 

The relatively chill students took the middle rows; they keep up with their lectures but they have a healthy social life as well. Today, they were talking about the trips they’ve been to this summer, showing their selcas amongst themselves. Some were just chilling, talking about the latest movies and music, just waiting for their homeroom teacher to arrive.

 

And in the back rows were the student who doesn’t give that much attention to the rest of the class. It’s not too far off to assume that the students on this part are those that don’t do well in their studies. One was sitting at the far end of the room; with his earphones plugged in, and his feet comfortably placed on his table.

 

But, one student is the exception to this assumption. Yoon Dowoon is the class’ 1st as well as the whole school. He never receives marks lower than A- and even that is rare. He gets perfect scores on the regular. He was such an eyesore for the students in the front rows because all he does is sleep in class. He doesn’t even participate in the class discussions, but he perfects any seat works, home works, quizzes, mock tests, or even exams with ease. They comfort themselves by thinking that Dowoon is a genius, and they don’t even need to compete with him because he’s on an ultimately different level.

 

He is the school’s Ice Prince because of his handsome looks and his reluctance to speak to anyone at all. It’s not that he is shy, but he just doesn’t speak. This and the fact that he’s a genius gained him his fangirls, who would follow him all day and shamelessly take pictures of him while he’s asleep in class.

 

“Let’s keep quiet, shall we?” Said the irritated student sitting at the far end of the room. “You’re stalkers as it is, the least you could do is be quiet.” He mumbled against his breath before putting his earphones back. Dowoon’s fanatics looked at him weirdly as if he said something rubbish and rolled their eyes at him before turning their attention back to Dowoon.

 

All the fuss must’ve awaken Dowoon because soon, he stood up and left the room, ignoring all his fangirls.

 

“Yah Kang Younghyun, what the heck is your problem?” a girl snapped at the boy- Younghyun. “Dowoon-nim left because of your ing! Look at what you’ve done!” She said with annoyance. Younghyun only shrugged his shoulders and looked out the window. “Stupid loner.” She said pointedly but it was left unheard by her target.

 

“Lookie lookie, Jieun-nie, Kang Younghyun is already terrorizing our classmates.” Jae nudged Jieun’s attention, gesturing in Younghyun’s direction. They were sitting next to each other and Jae reached out subtly to her seat. She followed suit and looked at the lonely boy by the window.

 

“How could he be terrorizing when it was Dowoon’s fangirls who yelled at him?” She asked. “Look at him staring into the sky. Does that look like a terrorist to you?” She asked rhetorically. Younghyun looked rather at peace in his position. Jae just shrugged at her before answering.

 

“Well, he angered them so I see no difference.” Jae argued dismissively. He really didn’t like how quiet and aloof Kang Younghyun is. There is something mysterious, almost sinister about him. “It’s the first day in but he’s already angered people.” He added to his point. It’s not like there is anything new with Dowoon’s fangirls, they’ve always been noisy and flocking together.

 

“They angered him first, Jaehyung.” Jieun argued back, using Jae’s full name. “And it’s not like he said a lot of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter