Chapter Two

What Can I do? I Loved You When You Love Somone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjin made a promise to Wonpil actually make a move on Jieun this year. Two years of waiting is enough so now, he decided to put his feelings into actions and show it to her. He is going to make Lee Jieun his girlfriend by the end of this year, and they would finish their junior year holding hands. On their wedding day, Jieun would tell all their friends and family how he wooed her off her feet and won her heart!

 

That’s why they were sitting few tables away from Jieun and Jae, making their plan on how to talk to her.

 

“Dude, you’re lamest person I know!” Wonpil cried out in disbelief. “We’ve been stalking Lee Jieun since last year and there hasn’t been much of a difference since you said that you’ll actually make a move. WE’RE STILL STALKING HER!!!” He whined in frustration. Sungjin just brushed him off and told him to calm down.

 

“You don’t understand how serious this is, Wonpil. There has been a change within me, and that counts for something. I know deep down that I’ll make her mine by the end of the year. I’m just polishing my plan to be a smooth as possible.” Sungjin defended himself as he continued to watch Jieun eat her bulgogi, causing Wonpil to roll his eyes. “Just trust me, bro. I know what I’m doing!” he said, but it didn’t convince the other.

 

“The change within you won’t change anything for Lee Jieun! She still doesn’t know you!” Wonpil said with a tone that’s says he is nearing his patience limit. “Why don’t you just go and talk to her? We’ve watched Jieun study, eat, sleep in class, and have fun with her friends, and you still haven’t done a thing.” He pointed to her.

 

“Yah, why are you so impatient? Are you the one confessing?” Sungjin asked him, pullin the other’s arm down.

 

“I might as well be, since you won’t. I bet I’ll get her to like me faster that you could.” Wonpil grumbled against his breath as he crossed his arms, looking away.

 

“I heard that, jerk wad!” Sungjin punched him on the arm. “Just trust me, please. I’m anxious enough as it is.” He said with impatience.

 

“I do trust you, man, but who’s to say that Jieun won’t find a boyfriend before you make your move?” Wonpil laid down the facts. “She is a very pretty girl, and I don’t think you’re the only one who likes her.” He added. That stopped Sungjin from watching Jieun and faced him; his eyes filled with shock.

 

 

***

 

 

“Yah, how come your songs have been more sappy lately? Are you seeing someone?” Jae heard Jieun asked him. They were in the school cafeteria and he asked her to look at his compositions. Jieun has been his official checker on his grammar in Korean. He placed his spoon down to look at her.

 

“More sappy? Are they worse than before?” He asked with concern, taking a sheet music from her hands.

 

“You don’t write bad lyrics, Jae, once you get your grammar straight.” She placed a hand on his shoulder for reassurance. “It’s just that your usual lyrics are about love. These new songs right here are about being in love, you get what I’m saying?” She said, looking straight into Jae’s eyes. Trust on his best friend to notice everything right away.

 

“Yah, in love your foot. What are you even talking about?” He tried to evade the question, but Lee Jieun was on his heels.

 

“You’re trying to avoid the question, Jaehyung!” She said, clapping her hands in disbelief. “You always answer questions to you. Why aren’t you answering this one?” She asked with her eyes filled with teasing and wonder.

 

“Yah! Stop looking at me like that! You’re getting weird!” He said, distancing himself from her.

 

“Not as weird as you are right now!” She said, taking back the distance. “You’re even blushing right now, Park Jaehyung! Who is the girl?” She asked excitedly, grabbing his arm and shaking it.

 

“Okay! Okay! There is a girl!” He admitted finally. “There is a girl that I’m starting to like these days.” He added. Lee Jieun couldn’t contain her excitement as she moved closer to him, grabbing his hoodie sleeve even tighter.

 

“Omomomomomo!!! Who is this girl and how did she ever managed to bewitch you!!” She squealed in glee. Jae brushed her arm off him.

 

“Yah! You make it sound like I don’t talk to girls!” He said, looking at her weirdly.

 

“Come on, Jae! Don’t you know yourself?” She asked rhetorically. “Yes, you do talk to girls and you’re friends with most of them, but you’re way to casual and fun with everybody!” She said pushing his arms a little. Jae stared at her to continue.

 

“Oh my gosh? You really don’t realize? Well of course you won’t, but I thought you do that to everyone to keep them at bay!” She said. Jae tried to consider this. Does he really do that to girls?

 

“Well, I don’t mean to!” He defended himself. “It’s not like I do it like a defense mechanism, but I just am friendly to anyone. It’s not my fault I don’t see them as someone with potential for more.” He explained. Jieun’s lips made a thin line before sighing.

 

“Well, I suppose so.” She shrugged before her excited face came back. “Now tell me who is she!!!” She said, grabbing Jae’s sleeve again.

 

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter