For the Hyung who Thought I Forgot - Kiwon

Happy Birthday Yoo

Hyungwon chews on his fingernail, watching the clock with rapt attention. He’d almost missed it last year, but not this time. This time he’ll be the first, just as he’d promised.

The clock changes to midnight, and Hyungwon hits the post button on his phone faster than you could say… well, anything. He then locks the device with a satisfied huff and looks around his room, Hyunwoo’s and Hoseok’s snores filling the dark air. He decides just making a post right now isn’t enough, and gets out of bed. He then pads his way over on bare feet to the other bedroom, smiling to himself at seeing the others already asleep, as well.

He shuffles over towards the top bunk on the right side of the room, and pokes gently at the small body under the covers.

“Uuhhn.”

Hyungwon chuckles, and pokes again at the man. There’s a sharp intake of breath, and the covers shift slightly to reveal Kihyun’s puffy, annoyed-looking scowl. Hyungwon can’t help but smile even more, noting how the tables have turned. Usually this scene happens the other way around.

“Wonnie?” Kihyun mumbles, his voice much deeper than usual due to his grogginess. Hyungwon makes a shushing motion and nods towards the maknae behind him. The youngest has always been the lightest sleeper, and they have to be careful to not wake him. Kihyun glances slowly over at Changkyun, nodding himself before carefully moving to get out of bed. Hyungwon takes him by the hand as soon as his feet hit the floor and leads him towards their outdoor patio.

The night is brisk and cool, and Kihyun pulls free from the younger only long enough to retrieve a couple of throw blankets from the couch before sitting beside him at the metal table. The taller scrunches up in his lap, and they cuddle together in a single chair. Kihyun wraps his arms around the younger’s waist and nuzzles his head into his shoulder, his eyes falling shut.

“You know what today is, hyung~?” Hyungwon asks sweetly. Kihyun pulls away confusedly, his brow creasing together.

“The day the love of my life woke me up from the only night’s sleep I’ll be getting this week,” Kihyun replies teasingly, causing the younger to pout. He can’t help but laugh at Hyungwon’s expression, and he reaches up to pull at Hyungwon’s cheek.

“It’s your birthday,” Hyungwon puffs out unamusedly, pausing at Kihyun’s surprised hum. He laughs under his breath, his tone light and airy, and he leans down to press an adoring kiss against the older’s lips. “Happy birthday, hyung,” he whispers affectionately after pulling away. Kihyun chuckles sleepily, shifting in his seat to be even closer to his boyfriend. “See? I told you I’d be the first one to tell you this year~"

“Is that what this is all about?” Kihyun asks with a laugh. “You woke me up in the dead of night because you forgot my birthday last year?”

“I didn’t forget!” Hyungwon defends, his lower lip poking out even more in protest. “We were just so busy… I didn’t have a chance to post it until it was too late. I apologized already…”

“I know, Wonnie. I know,” Kihyun sighs out, smiling fondly. Hyungwon becomes lost in Kihyun’s smitten gaze, and snuggles even closer, leaving barely any room to breathe between them. Kihyun sighs contentedly, thinking that, even if all his birthdays begin like this, he’d want nothing less if it means to have his precious Wonnie by his side.