PART FOUR.

It's Love

Slowly you open your eyes to the bright morning sun. You didn’t feel yourself getting sleepy last night and you sure didn’t realize you had passed out before the movie’s end. You blink a few times your eyes coming into focus. Your hand is directly in front of your nose. You move it with a yawn. Your eyes widen at what your hand reveals from under it.

Denim? You lean up on your elbow a little and look beneath your head. Oh my God.

You spent a full night’s sleep in the same bed as Jungkook. Your head was atop his upper thigh and your hand was practically hugging it. You sit up a bit more to see him asleep with his arms crossed over his chest and his head rested against the headboard.

No harm done. You tell yourself to not freak out. You just innocently slept beside him. No big deal.

You sit up fully and reach over his lap for your phone on the nightstand. You turn on the screen to read the time.

“!” you speak loudly. Your voice startles Jungkook awake. You turn your head to face him tired and questioning you with a squinted gaze. Your upper body hovers over him and your hands are rested just beside his thigh.

He blinks at you. This might be an awkward situation but there’s no time to talk about it.

“We’re going to be late” you tell him, sitting back on your heels.

“What do you mean?” he yawns leaning away from the bed frame and sitting like a toddler.

“We have thirty minutes to be ready and at the meeting”

His eyes glaze over and within seconds you both are out of bed and hurrying to make yourselves look as presentable as possible.

You rush into the washroom, brushing your messy hair back into a fashionable high ponytail and slapping some mascara over your lashes. You quickly slide into the blue and yellow floral dress you bought for this meeting and eye yourself in the mirror’s reflection. You don’t look terrible, but you sure don’t look as presentable as expected.

You prance out of the washroom, pajamas in hand. You toss your things inside your suitcase and turn to face Jungkook. He’s changed out of his jeans and into a pair of black slack which he zips up as you turn. A white dress shirt hangs from his shoulders undone and revealing his toned abdomen. His hair is messily falling over his forehead and his suit jacket is laid out on his bed.

Your eyes watch his hands do up each button. As stated before, he is good looking, so the image in front of you is doing no harm to the eyes.

Messily he runs his fingers through his wavy black fringe. “Let’s go” you looks towards you, your cheeks probably a light shade of pink.

He leaves the top two buttons of his shirt undone and throws the jacket on over himself. You grab your winter coat and join him at the door. You both slide your shoes on and hurry out of the hotel.

 

~ ~ ~

 

The meeting went well to say the least. And thankfully not one person pointed out how yourself and Jungkook looked like you had just rolled out of bed.

 

The evening has arrived.

Jungkook and you ordered in some take out burgers and fries, and watched another movie to pass some time.

It’s late in the evening but you’re not feeling tired. Neither of you are.

“Jungkook-” you begin a conversation.

“Yeah?”

“Sorry for like, passing out on you… Literally”

He laughs. “No worries”

You sigh and walk to the window. You stand with your hands crossed over your chest. Your eyes trace over the city skyline taking in every detail of the beautiful sparkling evening city before you.

Jungkook clears his throat and you glance towards him, who steps up beside you, his eyes also gazing out the glass and at the city.

Without his jacket, his white dress shirt is reflecting the dim light. His hands are hidden in his pockets and his shoulders are confidently propped as his stature straightens out with a deep exhale.

“Can I be honest with you?” his voice is much less confident than his stance gives off.

“Have you not been honest?” you let out a small giggle with a smirk looking up at his side profile as his eyes still scan the city ahead.

“It’s not-” he pauses to breathe. “I have been honest, but- can I tell you more?”

“Tell me more? About what?”

“I told you why I was rude to you” he looks down at you. For some reason he makes you feel small and dainty; and you like that.

“I said it’s because I’m not good at making friends, which isn’t exactly wrong, but-” he pauses to shift his gaze back out the window.

“Truthfully, I was intimidated”

You nod at his words. You sorta figured that when he would bash you work abilities.

“I didn’t exactly know how to handle another employee joining me in doing the job I’ve been doing all by myself for the past three years” he sighs.

“I wasn’t welcoming to it because I didn’t know why they hired a new employee, I just kind of thought it’s because they were no longer happy with my work. And to be frank, I still think that’s why” he glances back towards you.

“I continued to be, well, an , because you were good at the job, and people started to compliment you and say you’re better than me”

“So you got jealous?” you ask for clarification.

“I guess so. I was so nit picky with your work because I didn’t want you to be better than me. But, the fact is, that you are better than me” he sighs looking back out the window.

“I wouldn’t say that-” you start to argue him.

“No, it’s true, and there’s no problem in that” he shakes his head.

“Another thing-” this time he pauses for a much longer moment. You look out the window and away from him. Your eyes watching the cars bustling on the streets below.

“I didn’t want to warm up to you, because I was scared” he admits.

Scared of what? That warm feeling you don’t understand returns, heating up your heart and causing your stomach to twist.

“At first, I was just being an for what I’ve previously stated, and then I saw your face and-”

Your eyes widen. Jeon Jungkook…

“You were beautiful. More beautiful than any woman I’ve laid eyes on before” he eyes fall to look at the ground; at his feet.

You stare out the window. Is he serious?

“I thought that if I was rude, you would avoid me and I wouldn’t end up where I am now”

What is he talking about???

“But instead, you put up with my insults, my mocking, my nagging, my annoying teases. You dealt with me and I can’t help feeling the way I do”

You take in a silent deep breath.

“You are beautiful” he adds. “You’ve shown me that no matter what my brain tells me to do and no matter what my actions show, that my heart will always win”

He raises his head up to look out the window.

“I like you” he states, bringing a hand up to the nape of his neck. You look to the ground.

He’s has to be kidding. The warm bubbles in your heart pop at his statement and your cheeks begin to heat up.

“I really like you. I was scared I would end up with feelings. And maybe I wasted my time and ruined what could have happened between us by being such an to you for so long. But I just need you to know that, I have feelings for you that I can no longer hide” he rambles on.

“Jung-”

“I’m sorry for telling you this” he shakes his head.

“Ju-”

“I shouldn't have told you. I’ve ruined the friendship we were just starting and-”

“Jungkook” you state his name and finally his silences.

“I’m sorry” his voice is low.

You look him up and down. He’s handsome. You thought he was good looking when you met, and after learning who the real Jungkook is you finally can admit to yourself that he really is an attractive man; both in his looks and personality.

“Jungkook, thank you for telling me. You’re-”

“Don’t say anything else” he practically begs.

“What if-”

“Y/N”

“What if I told you I liked you too” you’re not sure why you’re saying this. Your brain is frantically searching for words to explain yourself properly, but your heart is speaking without any thought.

“I- wait- what?” Jungkook look towards you with wide eyes. You don’t reply, instead you just smile. His eyes twinkling like the lit city just beyond the window.

“You- like me?” he glances out the window briefly. You look at the window but not out of it, but instead you eye his reflection. I mean he’s handsome, and kind, and funny, and smart, and honest, and- oh .

“I do”