Air Hockey

Air Hockey

"You got a whole new giant office and could request anything you wanted and this is it? " Z said gesturing to the air hockey table in front of her, unable to hide her amusement. "Really, V?"

"What? It can get boring in here when we're up in the middle of the night taking turns recording. It'll help wake us up! And get some of that competitive spirit flowing. That's always good for creativity. And it's customized, which is why it took so long to deliver."

"You're such a kid." She laughed. "One with the ability to BS his way into getting what he wants, but still a kid."

"A kid, huh?" He sat on the edge of the table with an air of challenge about him. "Wanna make a bet?"

Not being one to back down, Z crossed her arms. "A bet? What are the stakes?"

"If I win, you have to hug the air hockey table, give it a kiss, tell it how much you love it, and then thank me for asking for it."

"Fine. If I win, you have to give me a hug and kiss and tell me how pretty I am. Here. In the office."

"In the office?" He sounded unsure.

"Don't think you're going to win?" Z teased.

"Fine. In the office. Deal." They shook hands on it before taking their places. 

The whole game was close. V made Z slip up a few times by serving looks, which was then deemed illegal. Z bided her time until they were down to the winning point. V went to go for the kill when Z suddenly gasped. He looked up at the last second and missed his shot so it gently glided over to her.

"Hey!" He started to protest.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Z said dramatically. "I just suddenly had a hot flash." V gulped as Z ran a hand from behind her neck to rest on her chest while fanning herself with the other - a split second before she slammed the puck into his goal. "Oops!" She said innocently, batting her eyelashes. "Guess I win!" She grinned.

"Hot flash, huh?" V stalked around the table.

"I mean they just come and go. Can't predict them at all." She said, waving her hand in the air as if it's just one of those things! "Now I believe I'm owed a few things?" She straightened herself up and closed her eyes, puckering her lips.

She heard him walk away and something click. "I'm waiting!" She sang with eyes still closed.

"A kiss, a hug, and to tell you you're pretty, right?" Z's eyes opened at the tone of his voice. He was looking at her from under his bangs. Z admittedly didn't totally love his hair for this comeback, but she couldn't deny he was making it look damn y right about now. Z nodded in affirmation. He leaned in. "Just remember this is what you asked for." He tilted his head to move in, bangs covering his eyes. "And I think you'll be thinking this table is a good idea once it's over." Chills bolted straight through her as she caught sight of the grin on his lips just before he kissed her. 

His arms firmly s their way around her body, pulling her up and against him. He set her on the edge of the table, kissing her passionately as he climbed up on the edge himself and pushed her back.

"Let's see what we can do about that hot flash." He smirked and reached to activate the table again. Cold air rose up from the table and goosebumps spread over Z like wildfire. She shivered from the chill. V traced a finger down her arm, making it worse. "Not so hot now? That's okay." Fire was in his eyes. "I'll warm you up." 

The usually patient V had left the building. He was fierce and passionate in his kisses, taking the lead and not letting go. He took her bottom lip hostage. His tongue danced along it in between nibbles, demanding entry, and her lips were unwilling to resist. A hand went behind her head, keeping them firmly together.

For awhile, Z tried to keep up. She'd never really experienced this side of V before. Apparently the competitive spirit he talked about was something she needed to prod more often. 

Eventually, the warrior in her that V loved so much woke up in her full glory. She pulled V down to her, pressing against him and refusing to let go. V could sense the change her and let his hand roam her side. He slipped a hand just barely under her shirt to brush her stomach with his thumb and hold her side. The sudden rush of cold air on her heated skin combined with his touch made her arch against him and moan into his kisses.

V pulled away, suddenly hyper aware. He briefly looked around before looking down at Z, who still had her arms hooked around his neck.

"What's wrong?" She asked with worry and a touch of embarrassment in her eyes.

"Nothing." He said, petting her hair and peppering her face with reaffirming kisses. "Nothing is wrong. It's just we should probably stop. Considering where we are and what could have very easily happened.

Z looked off to the side, her cheeks turning a shade darker. "You started it." She sulked.

"I did." He placed a soft kiss on her pouty lips. "And I'm sorry but also not sorry at all." He smiled, causing her frown to dissolve. He helped her sit up and fixed her hair. Brushing the last stray pieces behind her ear, he looked into her eyes. "I don't have to lose a bet to tell you that you're the most beautiful girl in the world, you know."

"You're just saying that." She looked away again.

V took her chin and realigned their gaze. "No, I'm not, Z. I mean it. Really." The sincerity in his eyes touched her heart and her cheeks flushed again with the intensity of it. Unsure of what else to do, she kissed him clumsily. He caught her face and tenderly kissed her back. She felt all his emotions flow through her. Just before she was overwhelmed, he released her. Their eyes told each other what their lips wouldn't.

"We should get going." Z said, breaking the connection before she did something she might regret.

"Okay." V replied. He helped her off the table and then headed to the door. "Coming?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm coming." She watched him slip around the corner. Sure that he was gone, she gave a quick kiss to the edge of the table and whispered "thank you" before chasing after him. Maybe this air hockey table wasn't such a bad idea after all.