Parade

Parade

Z switched off a video of some pre-4th of July fireworks her friend had posted on Facebook. She sighed wistfully. She was waiting for V to come pick her up on one of his rare days off. He seemed to have some sort of secret day planned. All he would tell her was to pack an overnight bag and a swimsuit. She honestly wasn't feeling much up to a trip since the 4th of July was making her terribly homesick but she certainly wasn't going to turn down a whole day with V. 

It's going to be a great distraction and I'm sure whatever he has planned is going to be amazing. He's never let me down before. She convinced herself.

With impeccable timing, she got a message from V telling her to come downstairs. She got herself ready to greet him with a smile and headed out.

.:~*~:.

"Where are we going?" Z asked when it became obvious the company driver was taking them out of the city.

"I thought it would be nice to take a trip to the ocean since it's summer and all."

"That's kind of far for just one day off, isn't it?"

"It's okay. I'm sure it'll be worth it!" He smiled and took her hand. She returned his smile and squeezed his hand before going back to looking out the window.

"Are you okay?" V asked with concern in his voice.

"I'm fine. Just a bit homesick today. Nothing being with you can't fix." She tried to reassure him with another smile and squeeze. Her gaze went back to the view as V's thumb started a calming pattern on her palm. 

.:~*~:.

"Z, wake up! We're here!" V's voice wafted to her through a haze.

"Huh?" Z mumbled.

"We're here!" He smiled brightly and started to get out. Z looked sleepily around and saw they were at the beach. She opened the door and felt a cool ocean breeze roll over her. She closed her eyes and took in the warm sunshine and ocean air. She was jolted out of her zen moment as V put a blindfold over her eyes. She yelped.

"What's going on?"

"Put your hands on my shoulders and watch your step." He took her hands and placed them on the back of his shoulders so she could shuffle behind him.

"V. I can't watch my step if I can't see."

"I could hear you rolling your eyes behind that blindfold. You know what I meant." He admonished her teasingly. "Now, come on. Be careful."

They slowly made their way to what sounded like closer to the ocean. It thankfully wasn't very long until V stopped. 

"Stay there and count to 100 before taking the blindfold off." He whispered seductively before placing a kiss right by her ear. Z blushed as she started counting in her head.

By the time she got to 68, Stars and Stripes started playing. Extremely confused and figuring that was her cue, she took her blindfold off. As her eyes adjusted, she took in the ocean view, a beach house, and all of BTS coming out of the house pretending to be in a parade. She heard giggles to her left and found Marie and Lynn standing next to her, all with their own blindfolds they had taken off. No wonder V had whispered. She thought to herself.

"What in the world?" she laughed.

"Can you believe them?" Lynn was shaking her head in amusement.

"They're so sweet." Marie grinned.

Jungkook proudly led the parade wearing huge red, white, and blue sunglasses while wielding a broom as a marching band conductor's baton; V was next sporting a flashing American flag light up bow headband and making aegyo faces; Jimin wore a large star spangled bow tie, red and white stripped pants, and big glasses while taking large marching steps; Suga followed with an Uncle Sam top hat on, waving a sparkler, and trying to keep it together despite the ridiculousness; J-Hope came next in an Uncle Sam costume (sans hat, which Suga had borrowed) dancing obnoxiously; Rap Monster came out waving 2 small American flags and sunglasses; and Jin brought up the rear holding up a large heart decorated to look like the American flag and wearing several red, white, and blue leis.

The boys paraded down the porch and over to the girls where Jin placed leis around each of their necks before they were pulled into the parade by their respective boyfriends. The girls couldn't contain their giggles as they started marching around the house.

"Please, girls! This is very serious business!" RapMon mockingly scolded. Each girl put on their best serious face which then made them giggle even more until the boys gave in, ending the parade in a fit of laughter in front of the house.

"Oh my gosh you guys are too cute." Lynn commented once she could control her giggles. "Where are the other girls though?"

"Anne flew home for a family event and Jenna left yesterday." Jimin said with Jungkook looking a bit heart broken next to him. Lynn reassuringly squeezed Jungkook's arm. She knew that look all too well.

"Traveling for work." J-Hope shrugged and Jin nodded in agreement.

"We thought you might be homesick since it's your first time away for the 4th of July so we decided to have a party!" V grinned widely while indicating himself, Suga, and RapMon. "Plus once they heard our plan then they wanted to come too." He pointed a thumb over at Jimin, Jungkook, J-Hope, and Jin who were doing their best to look innocent and lovable.

Z grabbed V's hand. "Well you've done a wonderful job so far." She squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek. Then realization struck. "Oh shoot!" She looked around, checking for paparazzi.

"It's okay." V assured her. "We made sure to pick a secluded area that people can't get to. We're safe here."

"Oh good." Z sighed with relief.

"Though we're still here." Jimin joked and Z's ears turned a bit red.

Suga turned the music off and then made his way to Marie, putting an arm around her shoulder. J-Hope followed and did the same to Suga. "Should we go unpack?" Suga suggested and then cast a critical eye to J-Hope. "And maybe change?" J-Hope feigned offense and stormed into the house with everyone following shortly behind.