Chapter 3

We Should Be Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

I wonder what Jeongyeon needs to tell me. What if she confesses to me? What should I do? I mean Jeongyeon is my life. I can’t imagine a life without her. She is everything to me. I know I love her and she loves me, but I don’t know what to do if she loves as more than a friend. I can’t lose her but I don’t know if I want her like that. But seeing her with Sunmi and Ailee made me jealous. It might be because Jeongyeon is my best friend. It can’t be that I love her….

 

“Unnie! Did you eat breakfast yet?” Jeongyeon asks Nayeon as she comes out of her room. Nayeon is a little surprised that she ran into Jeongyeon so soon, but she tries to remain calm.

“No not yet Jeongyeon-ah.” Nayeon replies

“Great. Do you think we could go out just the two of us. There’s something important I need to tell you” Jeongyeon smiles.

Argh. Yoo Jeongyeon you make me a fool. Your stupid smile makes you irresistible.

“Of course. Let me go change real quick” Nayeon says as she runs to her room to change into a dress. It’s just Jeongyeon-ah and me. Is this a date?

Nayeon finishes getting ready and the two of them leave the dorm and Jeongyeon grabs a taxi and the two of them head to a cafe.

“The food here is delicious unnie! You should get the ham and cheese croissant and get a coffee too” Jeongyeon exclaims. Nayeon can’t help but feel warm seeing Jeongyeon so excited over food. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if Jeongyeon and I were together. I mean she gets me and I feel so comfortable and safe around her. If she confesses, maybe I would say yes to her. Nayeon continues to smile at Jeongyeon and blushes when Jeongyeon reached over and held her hand.

“Unnie there’s something very important I need to tell you. I want you to hear it from me and no one else. Im Nayeon you are my best friend. A light in my life and probably the most important person to me. I know I have never dated anyone and you always questioned me why. I told you it was because no one has ever made my heart race. But that was a lie. In fact, there was always someone who would make my heart race. I could never get tired of how she laughed at the stupidest things, how she acted so immature even though she was older, and how much she cared for everyone around her. This girl was my best friend. I knew we could never be anything more, so I decided to let her go. I knew it was for the best because I didn’t want to lose her over my feelings. Im Nayeon that girl was you. I’ve loved you for years. It hurt me so much seeing you with other people, but I’ve decided to let it all go. And now I am happy to say that I’ve met someone who will give me the love you couldn’t give me. It’s Sunmi. She’s always been there for me and we officially became a couple yesterday. I hope you can give your blessing and know that I love as my friend only now.” Jeongyeon looked at Nayeon hoping she was okay with everything she just said. Nayeon’s heart broke when she heard Jeongyeon admit her feelings to her and how she’s with Sunmi now.

Jeongyeon-ah I was too late. I can’t believe I never noticed your feelings and now I’ve lost you to Sunmi. Is there any way for me to reverse things. I realize I was too ignorant. Jeongyeonie….

Nayeon was overcome with so much emotion. But when she saw the look on Jeongyeon’s face, she knew she was too late.

I can’t be selfish...I’ve caused Jeongyeon too much pain. It’s best to let her go and be happy w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter