around the world (namo)

coming through (for you)

summary: nayeon adds onto a collection that isn't even hers.
verse / rating: idolverse / non-rated.
characters: momo, nayeon ; chaeyoung mention.
pairings: namo (pining nayeon & oblivious momo)
+ nayeon-centric // 454 words.


“you got me a new doll?” momo asks, eyes wide and grin on her face as she stands in the doorway to nayeon’s room, bouncing on her feet.

nayeon nods, glancing around the room. she would rather look at the chipped paint on the walls or the missing light in her vanity than at momo’s blinding smile. she nods again and reaches for the baby blue rabbit that sits on the bed beside her, carefully tossing it to the younger girl with a scoff, as if to say it was nothing even though it was everything.

she clears , ignores the excited squeal momo lets out as she hugs the toy, then, “i overheard you telling chaeyoung about how you wanted to add onto your collection.” she finally glances at momo, a smile on her own face now, “and i was slightly insulted that you didn’t have a rabbit plushie of all things – it’s like you were outright insulting me with that one.”

momo shakes her head quickly at that, and nayeon almost laughs at how apologetic the girl looks, as if nayeon was serious with her comment. she doesn’t even get a chance to mention that she was joking when she suddenly has a lap full of momo, the younger girl pressing a flurry of kisses to her cheeks as her arms wrap around nayeon’s neck in a tight but still warm and welcoming grip. “of course i wasn’t insulting you! i just never got around to getting one yet!”

nayeon laughs quietly and pats her back, “i was kidding, moguri. i know you would never.” she smiles when momo finally glances up at her, ignoring the fact that the girl is still so close and still so blinding to the eye, and glances to the side as she clears . “besides, i just happened to see it while i was out with my family and thought you might like it.”

momo hums, her head falling to nayeon’s shoulder with a content sigh, “that was really nice of you to do. thank you." 

(she refuses to mention that she forced her parents to wander around countless stores for three hours with her while they were on holiday in spain until she found the perfect plushie to bring back. 

refuses to mention that she haggled with a store keep until he lowered the price down to the small amount of money she had on hand.

refuses to mention that she bought matching raccoon plushie that’s currently hiding away in her still unpacked suitcase.

what momo doesn’t know won’t hurt her.)

nayeon nods, arms coming up to curl around momo’s waist, kiss pressed to the top of her head.

 “anything for you, momo.”