Chapter One. "STRANGER"

Two People, Always.

"Boyoung ah. Have you read the draft yet?". Minki, Boyoung's manager came to her dressing room to give her a cup of coffee and some biscuits. She's having a cf shoot for Sofy and is on a break so she asked her manager to get her something to drink and some snacks.

"Yes, I did. I'm glad I accepted this drama, it looks promising Minki ah. But I heard that they are having a hard time looking for a male lead, do you happen to know if they already found one?" She sipped her coffee waiting for his response.

"From what I've heard, they already found one. They are just trying to work out his schedule since he just recently wrapped up filiming a drama and his contract with his current agency is expiring so, they are also polishing up the contract details before signing him up officially as the male lead. You know Park Hyungsik right? He's the one I'm talking about."

"Park Hyungsik? Oh! The baby soldier right? He's part of that idol group I used to follow." Boyoung was happy to hear that the production has found her  leading man but she's quite uncertain since he's an idol turned actor. She knows who he is because she watched Real Men before and is a fan of underrated groups like ZE:A. She even hosted an event with Im Siwan before but she has never seen Hyungsik in person and unlike her other co-stars, she has never been paired up with an idol so she doesn't know what to expect.

"Yes. He's the one. It looks like you will be the eldest among the leads since Jisoo, the second lead is two years younger than Hyungsik. He was supposed to be the main lead but the writer decided to add a new character and made that character the main lead instead." Minki explained as he fixed Boyoung's belongings.

"I knew about that. I was the one who suggested to add another character. The writer and I ended up deciding to make the new character the main lead since the character's personality is the complete opposite of Bongsoon. We thought that would be more interesting." Boyoung said as she took a bite of her cookie.

"I see. You've never been this hands-on when it comes to your drama's plot and stuff.. You must really like this one huh?" Minki knew how professional Boyoung is. It's one of the reasons why a lot of production companies are always after her and are desperate to cast her in their dramas or movies. Boyoung on the other hand, chooses her work with much precision. She's not just after the profit, she values the vision of the writer and pd as well as the message the drama or movie wants to portray. This is the first time however, that Boyoung worked closely with the writer to the extent of helping her develop the characters and the story itself.

"So far, this is the character that touched my heart the most and the most similar to me as well minus the physical strength." She laughed at her own joke which made Minki smile. He understands what she meant and is glad that she came across this drama. His only wish is for her to be truly happy and to let go of her fears because she deserves it and so much more.

"If that's the case then, Fighting Do Bong Soon! I'm sure it'll be a hit!" Minki cheered while Boyoung laughed at him and said, " Yah. Don't jinx it!"

"Ms. Boyoung sshi, it's time for another take." The staff told her and she went to continue the cf filming.

                                         --***--

"Hyungsik ah, you sure about this? You can still back out, I know you're tired. You have been working non-stop since you started filming for Hwarang and doing musicals in between." Taekyung, hyungsik's manager asked out of concern since he knew how hard Hyungsik has been working. It was the last stretch since Hyungsik's contract with Star Empire is expiring in December, and the agency's doing their best to make the most out of their remaining prized possession that is Hyungsik.

"I'll be fine Hyung. Besides, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity Hyung. I get to work with Park Boyoung! That's enough reason for me to do this drama." He explained animately which made his manager laugh.

"You like her that much huh?" He teased. Taekyung knows how much of a fanboy Hyungsik is. He tends to act irationally when he's too excited, so he wants to keep him in check.

"Hyung, who wouldn't like her? She's Park Boyoung! Even Minho and Seojun hyung envies me right now. You should've seen their faces when I told them." He laughed as he remembered the look his Hwarang co-stars gave him after he told them that he's accepting the lead role in Park Boyoung's drama.

Taekyung laughed and shook his head in amusement. "Yes, she is Park Boyoung and you do realize how big of a star she is right? So you better be prepared. This is your first lead role so this will be more of a make or break for you especially, since you will be a free agent while this drama is ongoing. Agencies will check how this drama will fare with you as the lead in order to see if you're worth signing up as a part of their agency. I want you to keep that in mind Hyungsik ah."

Hyungsik smiled at his manager. He knows how much Taekyung cared for him, he's like a true older brother and he completely understands what he's trying to say. He still has a long way to go as an actor and for him, this is just the beginning so he knows he needs to think this thoroughly and give his all.

When he learned about the offer, he was hesitant not because he's too tired to take on another drama nor was it due to the fact that he's going to star next to Park Boyoung(although it did scare him a bit because she's such a huge star), it's because of the weight of being the male lead for the first time. He was unsure if he can keep up with the elder actors and is worried to be of nuisance to the production team. After much thought, he decided that it will be best to take on this challenge and just do his best.

"Hyung, I will do my best. That is all that I can promise you right now. I don't even think that Park Boyoung sunbaenim knows me at all. She's probably shocked to know that a newbie has become her leading man. I will have to work hard so as to not disappoint her and the production crew." He said as he laid his head on the head rest of his seat, sighing as he closed his eyes.

"Prove them wrong Hyungsik. You can do it." He told himself before he let his tiredness take over him. 

 

 

"You call me a stranger...
You say I'm a danger...
You call me a stranger..."

-Stranger by Secondhand Serenade-