I'm a Girl!

The Tomboy is a Fem?!!


The girls' heads turned as a girl in her usual get up walks in. She just walks her way through the crowd with her head hung low, still not comfortable with all the attentions she's getting. Occasionally answering ‘hellos’ when people greet her ‘hi’, not that she's close with them, she doesn't even know their names, yet she does it on a daily basis just for the sake ‘of not being rude’. On the contrary, she had made a mental note ‘not to make a full length conversation (which is composed of at least two words), with a stranger SPECIALLY to a girl SPECIFICALLY if she's not sure if that girl is single. Because the last time she did, she was cornered after class by a group of boys and was almost got beaten up. Good thing, a prof who walked by, saw them and the boys had their proper sanctions.

Apparently, one of those boys was the boyfriend of the girl she had a little chat on. Unknowingly, it was seen by a friend of her boyfriend and of course, he delivered the news immediately. And the ‘girl’ suddenly asking for a breakup to her boyfriend was not helping at all. She said to the guy that she was in love with someone else, and that someone is no other than, Amber. 

Amber Liu, the transferee from L.A who made most, if not all of the girls in this university, suddenly question their uality.

Guys either wants to be friends with her or envy her but more likely, they want to get rid of her ... for GOOD.

And just like life is taunting her,
Another stranger girl on the hallway, winked at her that made her cringe. Not that the girl was ugly, but the sight of the girl who was sandwiched by the arms of a guy, probably her boyfriend, is an awful sight to see.

‘Why does she has to flirt if she is already taken? And why it has to be with me?.’ Amber thought but was immediately interrupted by a shout that she sure knows who belonged to.

"Ambro!" Her friend Eric, came as he swung his arm on her shoulder for an embrace. She secretly grins as she is now finally safe from such an awkward situation.

"I told you to not call me by that nick. I'M A GIRL." She said the last part with emphasis.

"You know you're like my little bro, yah know?" He ruffled her hair. "And its for safety purposes." He whispered

"Oh whatever!" She rolled her eyes.

Her other friends also joined in, Jackson, Henry, Kevin and Kris.

"Wanna have some 3 on 3 later?" Kris asked.

"Of course I'm in!" She said cheerfully, taking off all her shyness from previous scenario. 

At first, you would really think that they are like brothers or group of friends that were all boys. But if you would look closer, you would know that Amber, being the only girl in the group was treated as a princess. But who would have guessed it? No one. In reality, the boys were actually overprotective. (specially from her guy admirers, back in the states). They   won't allow any guy to be close to her if they don't have any official business with her, maybe that's one of the reasons why she is NBSB (no boyfriend since birth.)
She used to have long hair before, but due to her active lifestyle and her being a student athlete, she cut her hair short and wear more comfy clothes. It wasn't a big deal at her former school, that's why she was shook with all the attention she was getting after she transferred. She's like having a massive culture shock. Good thing her friends were there to help her adjust. They were one of the reasons why she moved to Korea after all.

At first she thought that her new schoolmates just find her interesting because she's from another country and they just wanted to get to know the culture she was in, or because she's friends with the most popular boys in this school or maybe because the people here aren't used to her preference in outfit, and that they will get over it eventually. But as the day passes, things started to get out of hand.

Many girls had or still have a crush on her one way or another, whether they admit it or not. That's seems normal. Girls can have girl crushes right? But is it still normal when she gets one confession to another and another. There were times that a girl... Asks her to be her dance at the acquaintance party, complete with banners and a band. While the other even arranged a flash mob. But all she did was kindly  say... "sorry". That would earn a hardcore teasing from her friends all day which made her angry. She said that, it wasn't a laughing matter. No one should laugh at a girl who was dumped. But they just can't help it.

If only those girls knew tsk.tsk. they would probably avoid her as much as they could. It would have save a lot of effort for the the guys being her bodyguard. But unfortunately, Amber don't want anyone to know the truth...

But can you really blame those girls? With this sight of her...

Hot and sweaty... With her tone legs and shoulders exposed. Running around the court making the most points with her trade mark, 3 point shots. Even from the fact that she's playing with these tall guys. Guess being a girl has its own perks huh?. Unknowingly to the crowd, the guys might be giving their 101% on offense but not on defense... Ofcourse the guys wouldn't want her to get hurt or feel uncomfortable, so they avoid physical contacts as much as possible, and her teammates will use that against their opponents. They pass her the ball whenever possible, and in return, she will make the shot.

"Yasss! We won! eat that Kris!" Jackson squealed.

"You just got lucky... Next time, I'll make sure Amber will be on my team." He said in monotonous tone. 

"Stop that! Let's go! I think we badly need a shower before we go home, shall we?" Amber shouted at the two. With that, the guys accompanied her to the girl's locker room first.

"We're be going now, be safe okay." Henry reminded like an over reacting mother. What's so dangerous about the locker room anyway?

"Its safe, no one's here." She assured, referring to some of her ‘obsessed’ fans. To Amber, it was really not a big deal, if ever they are really here... So what if they would see some of her skin? They're both girls, what does she has that they don't have anyway?

"Just making sure... You know, stalkers nowadays are upgraded. We just don't want to see your nudes posted on the net..." Henry started with a worried tone.

"... Or get sell online!" Jackson butted in.

"Omg! You and your creative minds! I told you, no ones here, now get your asses outah here!" She pushes them away. 

"Alright alright! we will leave!" They all shouted. " good thing the locker room's empty." Henry told the guys as they made their way on their own locker room. "Yeah, or else, my babe, Jackie will nag me the whole day for not taking good care of her most beloved and only baby sister!" Kevin said and they were all relieved... Or just what they thought?

As soon as Amber opened her designated locker to get some fresh clothes and towel, she was greeted immediately by a letter... No! a bunch of love letters!

One caught her attention. It says, ‘liking what you see? Then grab them for real. Meet me tonight’ then the details was written on the bottom of the paper which she didn't bother to look at because it was the attached picture that really got her attention. It was a picture of a girl with extremely skimpy clothes decorated by a red lipstick kiss mark.

Her eyes got widen and suddenly...

Blag...

The door burst open revealing a fully built guy.

“Oh no not again...” she mumbled under her breath, as she face him and hid the picture on her back, tucking it on the garter of her jersey shorts

"I think you got the wrong locker room" she said with trembling voice.
"You are not allowed here."

"I just wanted to talk to you about something..."

"Su...sure... Can't it wait?" She stuttered.

"No it can't." He started to sob. 

"Oh please don't cry! Let's just go outside okay, this place isnt appropriate." She let her guard down thinking the guy wdont mean any harm.

"No we can't! You know your friends wouldn't allow me to!"

"Okay then, so what I could help you with?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I can't live without my girlfriend."

"Oh?" That's what she can only say. ‘so what does it has to do to me?’ she thought.

"I'll go crazy if she will be ever taken away from me."

"So what's the problem?" She said, ready to give the poor guy an advice.

"I think she's cheating on me. "

"What can I do for you then?" She asked again, still figuring out why, of all people, he choose her to give him advice.

"Since you have this way towards women, can you give me an advice on how should I keep my girlfriend stick with me?"

"Oh well..." She was interrupted when he cut her off.

"Because I swear! If ever I know who he is, he wouldn't be able to walk all throughout his life!" She gulped knowing the guy could really do it because of his built.

"You don't need to do violence dude. As I was saying, just show her your love. You are not even sure if she really is liking somebody else right? Just trust her. We women don't want to be accused of something we don't do." She said honestly.

"You're right. Thanks man!" And he gave her a hug, one that's so tight, she can't barely breath.

"Its okay. Any time." 

"Well then I'm leaving."

Amber turned her back ready to do what she was left when he spoke.

"Amber?" 

"Yes? Anything else?" She said

"I think I am now sure that she cheats on me."

"How??" She now turned her back to face him again but gulped at what she saw.

Holding the picture that Amber dropped from her shorts, the guy was now red allover his body, clearly showing that he is super angry.

"This." Still looking at the picture.
‘uh oh... Don't tell me that's the girl he's talking about?’ Amber thought. "And I might just know who she is cheating me with" He glared at her at the last part. She was about to run but too late. He already grab her shirt and was ready to punch her without even giving her the chance to defend herself. 

Amber closed her eyes anticipating for the blow....

.

.

.

.

.

.

"PUT. HER. DOWN." Was the order.

Amber shot her eyes open, familiar with the intruder

"Krys???" Amber whispered. Now she's more scared than ever.

Its her longtime girlfriend Krystal Jung, still with her baseball uniform holding her bat. 

Without further ado, Krystal swung her bat on the back of his knees causing Amber to drop on the floor with a thud.

 

"Who told you that you can touch her?" 

 

Hit on the shoulder.

 

‘ahh!’

 

"Who gave you permission to lay a finger on her?"

 

Hit on the thigh.

 

‘ahh!’

 

"Who?! You sonofa!" She yelled and with that she's more than ready to hit him on the head.

"Krystal! Stop!" Amber ran to them as soon as she composed herself from her fall. But the other girl's mind seems already clouded with anger to even hear her. "I said Soojung, Stop!" And Amber back hugged her. "Baby calm down." She whispered on her ear. "Don't stain your hands with such nonsense..... Again"

"Nonsense? Nonsense huh? He almost hurt you! I just can't let it pass!"

"Please?..." Amber hold her hand, something she always do to make her calm, and of course, as a loving girlfriend that she is, she would obliged.

Krystal took a deep sigh before saying:
"Out!"

But the guy was so afraid to even move a muscle. "I said out before I change my mind." She repeated and the guy half ran half crawl holding the part that got hit.

As soon as he was out, Krystal face Amber, holding both of her cheeks. "Princess... Are you okay? Do you have any bruise? Wound? Did he do something? Tell me!" She said in one breath.

"Chill baby, I'm fine. No harm was done. So, can you just take me home?" Amber suggested hoping her girlfriend was now calm. But as soon as Krystal confirmed Amber is okay...

"What is it this time?" Her voice is demanding, and she needs answer now. She's very caring to her beloved Amber, but she can also be so scary. Suddenly, Amber got nervous again. Not for her own safety. She knows Krystal wouldn't hurt her in anyway but what Krystal would do for her is endless. That's the main reason why her guy friends got more overprotective to her from other guys cuz, they know, what Krystal can do to those guys who flirt with her girlfriend, the only difference now is that, its girls that flirt with her. Not she's threatened to those girls, she is more than sure that Amber wouldn't like them. But the fact that Amber is always in trouble because of those girls is ticking her patience meter and its on her limits now.

"It was just a misunderstanding!" amber reasons out.

"A ing misunderstanding again?!" She dropped her bat. "Princess, look, I've already let it pass when you almost got beaten up with those guys. Because you said, you won't let it happen again but this?! He must be triggered, so why he did that to you!"

"I told you it was a misunderstanding!"

"Dammit!" She slap her hand on the lockers so hard. Being, the only locker that is unlocked, Amber's locker door flew open which made the letters inside it flooded the floor.

And that's when she also saw the picture of the girl that was left by the guy who almost hit Amber, which started the commotion. "Is it because of this?" She doesn't need a verbal answer as the fear on Amber's eyes was enough.

"They still haven't stop yet huh?" She was about to walk out but Amber stopped her by the wrist. "What are you going to do?"

"I'd been sick with your guy admirers back at the states, and I thought when you changed your style, they will stop, but what now? Even girls are attracted to you? When can I have you all for my self?!"

"I'm all yours you know that."

"No! I had enough!"

And Krystal went to the school's multi purpose hall where students are gathering during their free hours, or before going home.

Everybody looked when Krystal half run towards the stage with Amber following her. It seems to them that Amber is pursuing her but the latter doesn't give a damn. But to Henry, Kevin, Kris and Eric who has been waiting for their princess, it was the opposite. They know, something happened and its bad. Very bad.

"Attention!" Krystal spoke on the mic. While Amber is clinging to her, begging for her to stop. "Listen. I, Krystal Jung, is saying, that Amber J. Liu, is MY GIRL. I repeat MY GIRL. So Who ever dare hurt her or even lay a finger on her, I'm telling you, YOU'RE DEAD. And to those who are pathetically, dreaming of her... Mark my words, I'll be you're worst effin' nightmare, and I don't care whether you're a guy or a girl." With that she dropped the mic, kissing Amber on the lips to show the whole school her point. Ignoring the gasps, and murmurs about them, Krystal drag Amber with her into the parking lot.

•••

"That's totally unnecessary." Amber said as Krystal settled on the driver's seat after she buckled Amber's seat belt.

"Well princess, its already done. I should have do it the first day we came here. What's wrong with proclaiming our relationship anyways? Besides aren't you proud of me? Of us?"

"Of course I do." She kissed her on the cheek. "But you know, this is not America, we don't know if they are as accepting as..."

A glare cut her off. "I get it, I get it. Please don't be mad again okay..  You're scaring me."

"Well, you have to make me..." A smirk was plastered on Krystal's lips that made her flustered. If ever there's a pro against all the cons when Krystal got mad... Its when the night comes. And Amber can't wait to go home.

 

•••

 

"Bye princess." Krystal said as she opened the car's door for Amber.

"What? Wait, aren't you going to sleep here?." Disappointment was written allover her face.

"Yes I will. I'll just run some errands. But be sure you're ready when I get back. Okay." She said in alluring tone.

"Ye-yeah... Of course. I'll... Prepare our meal..." Amber stuttered.

"You know I want to eat... More than food right?" She whispered, her girlfriend's ear. With that, Amber run totally, embarrassed and yell, "be quick okay!" Before she closed the door.

 

"Of course..." Krystal told herself as she slips out a picture from her pocket. "I'll be quick in honing my butcher's knife. "

*smirk.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Requested by @Noni-W-Saoirse

 

I just found a draft that's a little connected to the request so I just finished it. ^ ^