six

if it's meant to be (it'll be)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It turned out that finding Hwall was easier than Juyeon thought.

 

Thankfully, Sunwoo didn’t lie to him. The pale boy really was in the library, which was surprising enough since it was such a quiet place for the usually hyperactive boy. Keeping Hwall there, though, proved to be the problem. Juyeon found him in the corner where people don’t usually end up at; the moment Hwall laid eyes on him, the younger boy made a move to pack his things and go, if it wasn’t for Juyeon holding his wrist to stop him.

 

Hwall stared at the fingers that closed over his the bandaid covering his soulmark—Juyeon didn’t mean to hold him there, really—jerking away after a few seconds as if burned.

 

“I’m trying to study.”

 

Juyeon took a deep breath, releasing it in a slight chuckle in an attempt to lighten the mood as he sat down next to the other boy, “exams just finished this week. Hwall, can I talk to you?”

 

“We’re talking right now,” Hwall noted, refusing to meet Juyeon’s eyes, but Juyeon could tell the younger got a bit flustered by his excuse failing. The slight flush on his cheeks said it all. He continued fixing his stuff regardless. “I don’t have anything to say anymore, hyung.”

 

“I do,” the older boy began to say, voice slightly raising before coming to a pause. There was no way they could have a proper conversation in the library; even in the secluded corner, any sort of loud noise would easily bounce against the walls and echo around. He needed to get Hwall out of the area, which shouldn’t be that hard since Hwall was close to running away, anyway.

 

Juyeon stood up, surprising Hwall as the pale boy looked up at him before catching himself and looking back down at his stuff, a slightly disappointed look on his face. The small gesture gave Juyeon the push he needed and the reassurance that things weren’t ending on a sad note just yet. He extended his arm towards Hwall, hand poised in front of the other boy.

 

“Come with me?”

 

Hwall stood up, but didn’t take his hand.

 

“I’ll follow, but I don’t need to be led there,” Hwall said softly.

 

Juyeon nodded. He’ll take what he can get, after all. 

 

He left the library with Hwall in tow, looking back every now and then to make sure the other boy really was following and not escaping. Hwall’s movements were still on guard, still as if running away was the option he wanted to choose, but he continued to walk behind Juyeon. He always was too curious for his own good. Juyeon couldn’t help but smile at the sight as he walked towards his planned destination: the park, where everything went wrong just a few days before.

 

Hwall must have noticed, as his steps grew more cautious.

 

“Juyeon-hyung—“ He opened his mouth, possibly to complain, but Juyeon cut him off.

 

“A little bit further, Hwall,” the older boy said as they continued to walk, finally stopping at the same spot Hwall said they weren’t soulmates. Thankfully, Hwall did continue to follow, ever obedient even if the discomfort on his face showed clearly. Juyeon smiled a little, “we’re here.”

 

Hwall kept his eyes pointed to the ground, “why are we back here?”

 

“I wanted to make things right,” Juyeon said, heart suddenly hammering in his chest at the possibility that things wouldn’t be made right in the end. “If you’d let me.”

 

When Hwall didn’t say anything, he decided it was a sign for him to continue.

 

“Hwall, I like you,” Juyeon said firmly, noticing how a jol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter