Chapter 2; Changkyun

Protecting X

“Changkyun!” She laughs, running to her old childhood friend, hugging him tight. It was such a big surprise to see him. It has been years.Changkyun and Minjee were neighbours when they were younger. They grew up together. Always playing in and around the house. They were best friends until  Changkyun moved to another city. Now both 21 years old they meet again.

“I totally forgot you moved here!” Minjee says full of happiness to see her old friend again.

“ Look at you. You grew up to such a handsome guy.” She squeezes Changkyun’s cheeks and he chuckles at the compliment.

“Well you look very womanly and beautiful yourself.” Minjee catches Changkyun’s eyes checking out her body with a grin on his face. She smacks his shoulder.

“Yah you !” She laughs at Changkyun’s shocked expression.

“Ah! What? I was just complimenting you.” He rubs his shoulder, chuckling softly.

“So tell me what are you doing here? Don’t tell me you are here to look me up after 6 years” He asks hopefully dramatic. His eyes sparkling in the sunlight.  Minjee shakes her head and ruffles his hair.

“Sorry, I wish that was the case.”She sighs deeply. Changkyun frowns a little as he noticed the sudden mood drop.

“What is wrong? Dit something happen?” Minjee nods. Everytime she thinks back at the accident shivers run through her whole body.

“Mom...dad...they got into an car accident.” She closes her eyes briefly and took a deep breath to not get emotional. “They passed away. Hyunseung and I tried to take care of ourselves and the house but it got too expensive. We were forced to move and now we are living here”. Minjee shrugs. “We are fine now so you don’t have to worry.” She said as she sees Changkyun’s worry in his eyes. He nods and wraps his arm around her, smiling sweetly.

“I will make sure you will feel at home here. You got your hero right next to you.” He makes a superhero move playfully. It made Minjee laugh. He was just as smooth as she can remember. As Changkyun mentioned ‘hero’ it brings her right back to the past.

 

When Minjee was 10 years old she was extremely shy. She wasn’t much of a talker. Always on her own, drawing in her booklet. It causes kids to made fun of her. They called her names, stole her food, laughed at how she was dressed. It was awful. One time she was sitting outside on a bench drawing her dream restaurant when a group of boys gathered around her. They smashed her crayons on the ground and step on it. One boy look over her shoulder and laughs.

“Look what a mess she is drawing.” The taller one in front of her, being the leader of the group, grabs her booklet to look at the drawing. Minjee wanted to stop him and reaches out to grab the booklet back but the boy behind her pulled her hair. They were in control. All the boys were laughing, yelling at her. Minjee couldn’t hold back her tears. When the tall boy got the drawing between his fingers she knew he was going to rip it in two.

“No don’t! I worked hard on it!” She shouldn’t have said anything because a kick against her legs was followed. Minjee covers her face as she cried. Suddenly the laughing stopped. She peeks through her fingers and sees an unknown small boy. He had his arms crossed and was clearly very angry.  

“You all should be ashamed of yourself, bullying a girl like that.” The group of bullies were caught off guard by the sudden prowess. They looked at each other, grins and grabbed the small boy by its arms and legs. Minjee gasps when they start hitting the small boy. How could they all be so mean. The small boy moved his body to get lose. Once he succeed he kicked the leader in his stomach. The leader gasps for air. The rest of them were distracted by the sudden attack, what made it easier to break free. The small boy made some ninja sounds and starts moving his arms in the air.

“Go away and never return! Or I will show you what I am capable of HA-YAH!” He yells and kicks his legs in the air like a real ninja. The group of bullies step back afraid of being attacked as well. The leader hold his stomach and frowns.

“Come on boys, they aren’t worth it.” The group ran away fast. The small boy smiles proudly seeing the bullies run away. He grabbed the booklet from the ground and gave it back to Minjee. She was total starstruck about what just happened. He showed her a big smile.

“Don’t let anyone talk bad about you ever again. Fight for yourself if you have to.” The boy nods and sees the drawing of the restaurant.

“Oh you drew this? It is really good!” He his head when Minjee doesn’t talk back, then laughs. Minjee bows deeply. She was still overwhelmed by everything.

“Thank you so much for saving me. You looked like a real superhero fighting the bad guys!” Minjee cheers smiling brightly and takes the booklet from him.  Now she had a better look of the guy she saw he was bleeding.

“You are bleeding.” She point at his lip. The boy touches his lip and it was indeed bleeding.

“I will be alright. It doesn’t hurt that much.” He smiles and notices a name written on the booklet.

“Minjee. Is that your name?” She nods shyly and hold the booklet close to her. The boy pat her head and flashes a smile.

“I am Changkyun. Your hero.” He made a superman pose and they both laughed. That was the beginning of a great friendship. After that moment Minjee was never alone again. Changkyun would be with her, play with her and introduce her to many other kids. Because of him she became a stronger person. When her parents decided to move it was hard for Minjee to let go of Changkyun but he told her their friendship will forever remain.

 

Now 6 years later it is as if nothing has changed.

“You and me reunite. I call that destiny” Changkyun winks. Minjee rolls her eyes chuckling.

“You call seriously everything destiny. Remember when you found that chocolate bar. You were calling it you ‘one true love’ but got stomach cramps after you ate it all.” She chuckles and Changkyun scrunches his nose.

“She cheated on me. She flirted with others even with you.” He says hurt, mentioning how she ate from the chocolate bar as well as his family.

“You are seriously too much to handle”. She chuckles as they enters the school. It was a bigger than her previous one. She was glad she bumped into Changkyun this morning otherwise she would have been alone, she hates that. They walk down the hall towards the lockers. When they got at Changkyun’s he took off his coat, putting it in his locker after he got his books out. When he took off his scarf is when Minjee noticed the tattoo in his neck. It was a X.

“Since when are you into tattoos?” She asks touching the one in his neck. Her finger follows the different lines that look like technology ones. Changkyun shivers at the touch and steps away.

“Ah yes I just got it recently. It is still a bit sensitive.” He says and covered it up with his scarf again. Somehow he became nervous and Minjee noticed it. He looks at his watch and curses.

“, I am late again. Miss Woo is going to kill me. I will see you after school Minjee!” He waves. Minjee had so many questions to ask him but before she could he was already sprinting to his class. She sighs frustrated.

“How am I about to find my locker and my classroom with no help?” She mumbles and starts looking. Together with her uniform and books she also got a key for her locker. Number 606 it said. She walks and walks looking at the lockers besides her.

“Ah there is it!” She smiles relieved that she found her locker. She reaches in her bag trying to find her key. Of course that tiny thing got lost somewhere at the bottom of her bag. Her hand pinches between her school supplies when she finally got her key. She put the key in the locket and turns it.

“Hu? Why isn’t it opening?” She tries it again but nothing happened. Her eyebrows change into a frown. She pulls at the locket and then at the handle to the locker to open it.

“That stupid thing, why won’t you open?!” She groans under her breath getting really frustrated now. Then she freezes when she hears a guys voice.

“What are you doing with my locker?”

----

So Changkyun is the first one she met. Her long lost childhood friend.  What a hero he was our Changkyunie.

Being as rude as in the gif he sure isn't afraid for some bad guys ;) 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor changkyun hero gif

Already curious who Minjee is about to meet in the next chapter? 

~Please subcribe & Leave a comment~