Chapter 3; Hyunwoo

Protecting X

 

 

“What are you doing with my locker?” Minjee turns her head to see who was asking her. A well built guy with brown short hair stares at her bewildered. She chuckles in complete embarrassment. No wonder that the locker won’t open. It is the wrong one! She let go of the locker and bows apologizing.

“I am sorry. I thought this was mine. I must have been mistaken.” The guy smiles. Seeing him smile like that, his eyes squeezed together. It made him look like a big cuddly teddy bear. It made Minjee feel less awkward.

“Those things can happen. What number is yours?” He asks and she shows him the key with the number. He chuckles.

“That is locker number 909, not 606 as you thought since that is mine.” Minjee blushes. She felt so embarrassed. First time at school and she already made a mistake.

“I am so dumb. How could I have not see that.” She mumbles rubbing her neck. The guy pat her arm.

“It is okay. You weren’t the only one making that mistake. I did too.” He eyesmiles. Minjee couldn’t help but chuckle softly. Knowing that this guy made the same mistake made her feel somehow much better.

“Your locker is across of mine.” He points and he was right. Number 909. She bows thankfully.

“Thank you and sorry that I bothered you.” Minjee smiles and hurries over to her own locker. This time it did open. While she dropped her stuff the guy made his way over to her. She could see him in the corner of her eye. He shuffles his feet a little bit shy.

“Are you new here? I mean, since you couldn’t find your locker I thought you might be new.” He stuntels with his words. Minjee blinks and then gives him a soft smile, nodding.

“Yes I am new. Today is my first day actually. I wasn’t really the best start.” She chuckles a little mentioning the incident before. The guy smiles and bows.

“I am Hyunwoo. I hope you will enjoy your time here.” Minjee smiles and introduces herself as well.

“I hope I will. I don’t really like being new. I have bad memories with it...bullying.” She confesses. It was weird that she was already this open towards a guy she doesn’t know. But she had a good feeling about him. He once again pat her shoulder. It is his way of comforting someone.

“Don’t you worry. I will make sure you will be safe and have a good time here with no troubles.” Again that sweet eye smile. She blushes softly and looks away. Hearing him say something so nice, it already made her feel safe.

“Thank you Hyunwoo.” Hyunwoo notices the books in her hands. She must have class soon.

“Let me show you the way. It is a pretty big school, easy to get lost.” Minjee blinks, surprised by his gesture but accepted it. How can she say no to him.

 

After Hyunwoo showed Minjee around school he wished her good luck for her first class. Minjee was nervous. When she stepped into the class all eyes were on here. Being in the center of attention always bothered her. She didn’t like that all the focus was on her. After she introduced herself she took a seat behind a girl with long brown hair. The girl turns around and smiled. She is really beautiful yet handsome at the same time.

History was never a subject that got to Minjee. It was often too much for her to remember. How more they got to the recent time how boring it got. This is about to be a long class.

 

When the bell rings the students run out of the classroom. It was lunch time so that must have been the reason. Minjee takes her bag and leaves the classroom as well. Then someone wraps an arm around her neck and smiles at her. It is the tall girl who was sitting in front of her.

“I know it is hard to not fall asleep during Miss Kim’s class”. She mentions chuckling. Minjee felt busted because she did almost fell asleep.

“Y-yes..I should pay better attention next time.” The girl laughs at Minjee her stuttering.

“Next time I will wear something y for you.  You will look at me instead of falling asleep.” She winks. Minjee trips over her own feet at the unkown girls words. Her whole face turned red when she catched her.

“Be careful.” The girl whispers in her ear. Minjee’s whole body was full over shivers.

“I am Byulyi but people call me Moonbyul so just go with that”. The girl introduces herself as she helps Minjee back up on her feet.  

“Minjee is your name if I remember it well.” Minjee nods, too shy too look at Moonbyul. She noticed and thought it was pretty cute.

“Let me buy you some lunch.” Minjee shakes her head but Moonbyul insisted so the end up buying food at the cantine.

“I will be sitting over there. I hope to see you there after you choose your snack.” Moonbyul shows a playful grin before she goes to the table she pointer at.

“What an...unique kinda girl,” She mumbles and took her muffin from the counter.  

“Minjee”. Minjee smiles when she hears the soft and calm voice of Hyunwoo and turns around to see him. He waves a bit awkwardly but in a cute way.

“I see you didn’t get lost and found the cantine.” He jokes smiling at Minjee.

“I had some help. I don’t think I would made it without.” She chuckles. Hyunwoo had seen many pretty girls before but Minjee had something special. It made him wanting to stay close to her.

“How did your first class go?” Hyunwoo got some food while but keeps looking at her.

“It was alright. I had history class and it isn’t really my favorite thing.” She admit.

“It isn’t? I think history class is pretty interesting. I only wish the teacher who gives it doesn’t explains it so boring. It makes me fall-

“Asleep?” Minjee finishes Hyunwoo’s sentence chuckling. He blinks somehow surprised but chuckles along eventually.

“Yes. I guess you experienced it the same way as I did.”

“YAH MINJEE COME SIT WITH US!” Both Hyunwoo and Minjee look at where the yelling is coming from. It was Moonbyul, waving in a way so that Minjee would finally join her. Minjee chuckles softly, covering .

“I should go and have some food. Enjoy your lunch time. I will see you again right?” She asks, hoping he would want the same. Hyunwoo nods and grabs his bottle of water. It looked as if he was doubting on doing something, perhaps a little bit nervous.

“Yes of course we will. I was actually wondering if I could get your number. Maybe we could meet outside school some time.” God, why was he so cute. That simple smile forming on his lips after he asked her number. He was looking down because he was too shy to look at her. Minjee wasn’t sure if she was hoping for this question but she sure was happy he did.

“I would like that. Please give me your phone so I can add my number.” Hyunwoo now looking up at her surprised and happy at the same time. He quickly got his phone out of his pocket. He almost drops it when he gives it to Minjee. She presses her lips onto each other to contain her laugh. She gives in her number.

“Thank you. I will text you. Now you should join your friends. Have a great day Minjee.”He says smiling before heading to a free spot. Her eyes are locked at Hyunwoo as he walks away.

“He is really handsome…” She mumbles underneath her breath and went over to Moonbyul. Being there she saw three other girls sitting at the table.

“Finally. You took your time there lady. Hitting on that guy hm?” Moonbyul grins, making Minjee blush. A girl with long black hair pushes Moonbyul’s side.

“Don’t like that, you .” Moonbyul turns to the girl and hold her by the chin, biting her lip.

“Am I only allowed to tease my Yeba?” The girl pushes Moonbyul again, totally flustered.

“Shut up Byul…” Minjee tries not to laugh. It seems Moonbyul is very good in smooth talking.

“Don’t mind them. They are always like that.” Another girl, having short orange hair says. Her hair waves in a sassy and beautiful way.

“You must be Minjee. I am Hyejin. This is Wheein.” A cute girl with brown hair shows a sweet smile and bows her head. “And lovey dovey couple are Moonbyul and Yongsun. They really can’t stop touching each other, if you know what I mean,” Hyejin grin and Yongsun gasps.

“Yah Hyejin, did you had to mention that? Don’t believe anything they are saying.”

“So you are saying you two aren’t touchy at all?” Wheein raises her eyebrows as she watches the two girls. Moonbyul has wrapped an arm around Yongsun’s neck, her hand close to Yongsun’s . Yongsun on the other hand was rubbing Moonbyul’s thigh but stopped when Wheein spoke.

“Busted!” Hyejin laughs. Minjee laughs along. Even though she is new she already felt at ease and very welcome in this group of girls.

“Are you two together...as a real couple?” Minjee asks whispering so it wasn’t too loud for everyone to hear. Moonbyul laughs.

“You don’t need to worry about saying it too loud. Everyone already knows we are together. We are a pretty open couple.”  

“Correction: Super open.” Wheein corrects. It made Yongsun roll her eyes but couldn’t agree more.

“Yes Minjee, we are together for about 6 months now.” Minjee was surprised that they weren’t hiding their relationship. It is very well known that homoual isn’t that accepted in Korea. So knowing that Yongsun and Moonbyul show their love in public is a brave step to do. She got respect for their decision.

“I am amazed. You two are so brave. I don’t think I would have the balls to do open up like that.”

“Love is very powerful. In the beginning we were hiding, did everything in secret. It was awful. You felt like some kind of bad person while in fact you didn’t do anything wrong. Loving someone shouldn’t feel like a crime but it did. I always had that guilt feeling towards Yongsun. I couldn’t give her what she deserved. A free and happy life were we could be ourselves without feeling scared.” Moonbyul drops her head and frowns. Yongsun grab her hand in comfort.

“It is alright now baby. We were afraid of the outside world. We knew we wouldn’t be accepted. You didn’t want me to be hurt, that is the reason why we were hiding our relationship in the first place”. The three girls saw the emotions running high in both Moonbyul and Yongsun. Especially Moonbyul is struggling with her emotions.

“I hated the secret stuff we needed to do. I knew if we would continue like this we wouldn’t last long. I couldn’t think of losing you Yeba. I am sorry for all the that came over us, but mostly you when we went public.” Moonbyul spoke with lots of guilt in her voice. She bite her lip to not let any tears go. Yongsun brings her girlfriend in a hug. She couldn't hold in her tears and hide her face in Moonbyul’s neck so that no one could see her cry.  

“Stop it you pabo.” She hit Moonbyul’s back. “I was so insanely happy when you asked me to be yours. Yes the time that we came out in public was hard but we had each other. I felt and still feel safe when I am with you. You will never lose me. Never. I love you too much to let you go.” Minjee felt her body react on the two girls. She was speechless. This must be how true love looks like, she thought. Moonbyul pulls back from the hug and cups Yongsun’s cheeks.

“I love you too. So incredibly much.” She leans in and their lips got sealed with each other. Minjee’s heart melted of cuteness seeing the kiss. Wheein and Hyejin look at each other and grabbed each others hands just below the table where no one was able to see it.

“You are so pretty. I soon will be blinded by your beauty.” Moonbyul spoke after the kiss, being cheesy as always. Yongsun giggles as her cheeks turned red again.  Hyejin changed the subject because it got a bit too cheesy for her liking.

“So Minjee, how is your first day going until now?”

“ I was afraid that it would turn into a hell day but it is going pretty well actually.” Minjee smiles. When she looks at Moonbyul she could already see the evil sparklings in her eyes. She by now had figured out that that look isn’t a good sign.

“You already got interests of a guy one the first day. I am impressed.” Moonbyul grins. Of course she had to bring back that topic. Minjee plays with her hands a bit shy and nods.

“Yes. His name is Hyunwoo. I bumped into him at my locker. I accidentally got the wrong one and was sort of breaking down his locker because of it.” The four girls laugh.

“How classic. From the glimpse I saw he seems like a sweet guy” Wheein says takes a bite of her sandwich.

“And very hot.” Moonbyul blurt out what is followed by a hit by Yongsun.

“What?! Have you seen that figure. Even me as a lesbian can see that he is hot.” Minjee laughs. Those four girls made her feel at ease. She found friends at the very first day of school something she didn’t expected at all. But she was glad those girls gave her a chance.

“What class do you have after lunch?” Yongsun asks being interested.

“PE.” Minjee took a sip from the juice she got. The four girls look at each other.

“What class you are in?” Wheein is now the one who asked.

“Uhm I think 4B, why?”

“Look at that, she got the best class she can possibly have.” Moonbyul grins playfully, finishing her lunch. Hyejin saw the confused expression of Minjee. She really had no clue what Moonbyul was talking about.

“Shin Hoseok is following the same PE class as you.” Hwasa explains and giggles softly, followed by the other girls. Still Minjee had no idea. Who is this Hoseok guy they are talking about?

“So? What is so special about him?” Yongsun couldn’t stop grinning now as well as she thinks about what Minjee is about to experience.

“Oh you will understand when you see him.” And that was all the girls had to say about him. Minjee didn’t care much until PE class started until Hoseok enters the sport hall.

----

Look at that, the one the locker belonged to was non other than our big teddy bear Shownu.

I wouldn't mind bumping into someone like Shownu. Just look at him eyesmiling like that! 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shownu eyesmile gif 

Also, I can't get enough of Moonbyul and Yongsun of Mamamoo. They are too real. 

I love Moonbyul's greasiness! (Yes I have to show you all the gifs cuz LOVE)  

tumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko1_400.giftumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko2_400.gif

tumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko3_400.giftumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko4_400.gif

tumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko5_400.giftumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko6_400.gif

tumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko7_400.giftumblr_nw5zkjOo791u6tgdko8_400.gif

Now what will happen in the next chapter, Wonho and PE class...

~Please subcribe & Leave a comment~