Chapter 1

Protecting X

 

“Finally the last box”. Minjee let out a deep breath as she put down the box with clothes. She sits down on her bed and looks around.

“So this will be my new bedroom, my new house.” A soft sigh left . She drops her head, staring at her hands that are lying in her lap. She didn’t want to move to another city, a different house surrounded by people she doesn’t know. But she didn’t had a choice. Not long ago her parents passed away in a car crash.  Since that moment her brother is taking care of her. But as time passed by they didn't had enough money to stay in their house. Even if they are both working it wasn’t enough. The bills were too high and they ended up moving to a place they could afford. Minjee let herself fall on her bed. If here is something she does not like it being surrounded by strangers. She would feel nervous and uncomfortable. Talking isn’t her strongest quality so she often spend her time alone or with her brother. One of her passions is cooking. Ever since she was little she dreamed of owning a restaurant. This sadly faded. There is no way she can ever make enough money to buy her own restaurant.  

“Yah! Minjee can you come for a second. I am trying to set up the television but something isn’t quite right.” Hyunseung, her brother calls from the living room. Minjee gets up and head over to her brother. When she enters the living room her brother is on his knees working on some cables while cursing.

“Why doesn’t it work? It says I have to put it here, stupid thing”. Minjee peeks over his shoulder to take a look and chuckles.

“You do know that the television isn’t plugged in right?” Hyunseung turns his head to see if she was right...and she was. He plugs it in and the television turns on. Minjee tries not to laugh.

“Are you serious now.” Hyunseung sighs annoyed, running his hand through his hair.

“It is okay Seung. You are known for being clumsy.” She grins teasingly, wiggling her in a cute way. “Shut up. I will take a shower. Go and start cooking dinner.” He says with a soft smile. Minjee put her hand like a soldier. “Yes Sir!” She spoke out chuckling. Hyunseung shakes his head chuckling along and disappears in the bathroom. Minjee took some vegetables and chicken out of the fridge. She heats up a couple of pans, One filled with  water the other with oil. While the veggies are cooking and chicken roasts, she puts the rice on the stove and wait till it boils. Half an hour later Hyunseung enters the living room. He already smells the chicken. He makes his over to the kitchen where his sister is cooking.

“That chicken smell so good.” He gives her a back hug and rest his chin on her shoulder looks over to watch the chicken drip in it’s juices. He his lips hungrily.

“Aye your wet hair is dripping on my clothes”. Minjee pushes him aside and throws him a towel. Hyunseung chuckles as he dries his hair.

“I know, no disturbing while you are cooking. When will it be ready?” Hyunseung opens a drawer to take the plates and cutlery.

“In about 5 minutes. The chicken takes longer than I had hoped for.” Minjee pours the rice and veggies in bowls and brings them to the dinner table. When the chicken is done they finally could enjoy their dinner. Minjee pours spicy sauce over the veggies, picking them up with her chopstick. A smile creeps on her face as she sees her brother enjoying the chicken.  Chicken always has been one of his favorite food.

“I will be heading over to Hyuna after dinner. It is our 6th month anniversary today.” As soon as her name falls a glow appears on Hyunseung’s face. Her brother had this cold aura around him but when he met Hyuna that changed. He became happier, smiled more. It was like he was a whole new person. Minjee smiles.

“Time flies by. I remember when you brought her home the very first time. You were so shy. I never saw you like that before. So cute~” Minjee playfully grins, winking at her brother whose cheeks got red. Hyunseung was a introvert person. He didn’t like to talk at all just like her. Many people thought of him as a cold person. Neither did they know he is one of the sweetest person you will ever meet. Since he was so mysterious not many people dared to get to know him. Then there was Hyuna. A girl as curious as she was took the first step, asking Hyunseung on a date. Minjee remembers how her brother was so confused about the whole date, not understanding why someone would go on a date with him. After a couple of dates Hyunseung found the guts to ask Hyuna to be his. Minjee saw her brother glow up ever since he met Hyuna. It did him good.

“Did you bought a present for her?” Minjee asks eating pieces of her chicken. Hyunseung nods. He reaches in his pocket and takes out a little box. In it there was a beautiful necklace.

“I will always be with her through this necklace. It is hard to see each other now that we moved. I don’t want her to feel alone.” He smiles a little, trying to hide the sparkles in his eyes. Minjee takes the necklace and looks at it amazed.

“This is so beautiful. Hyuna is so lucky with a boyfriend like you.” She smiles and rubs her finger over her own necklace. The one she got from her parents when she turned 16. Hyunseung notices her sister sadness when she touches her necklace.

“Just like I will be with Hyuna through this necklace, mom and dad will be with you forever through yours”. Hyunseung pat Minjee’s hand in comfort. She nods. Her parents will never leave her side.

 

When her brother left she had the house all for herself. After she took a nice warm shower she got dressed in her onesie. She makes a hot coco for herself as she turns on the tv to watch her favorite drama. She wanted to relax. Tomorrow she has her first day on her new school, something she isn’t looking forward to. Being the new girl in class isn’t someone you want to be. She already is a shy person so making friends won’t be easy. She takes a sip of her hot coco, giggling at the funny scenes of the drama. Her phone vibrates. She got a message of her brother.

 

I won’t be sleeping at home today. Don’t forget to bring your school papers with you tomorrow. You can find your uniform in my closet. No don’t ask why it is there. Sorry that I can’t be there for you tomorrow morning. I know you hate to be around new people. I am sure you will make friends faster than you may think. Please lock the doors. Till tomorrow.

- Seung

 

She chuckles as she reads the message. Of course he wouldn’t be sleeping at home. He would probably not even sleep this night. She let out a soft sigh, holding the hot cup of coco again. She was sad her brother couldn’t prepare her for her first day. Yes she is old enough but her brother always knows how to cheer her up. After she finished her drink and locked the doors she went upstairs. As she walks by the bathroom she notices the window is open.

“Hyunseung must have opened it when he was done showering. I will close it.” As she closes the window her eye catches something outside. She squint her eyes to look better. Then she gasps and almost stumbles backwards over her own feet. In the distance a human being is standing in front of her house, looking her straight in the eyes. She quickly turns around. Shivers all over her body. For how long is that person standing there? What is that person doing here at this time? And those eyes...they looked so scary. Minjee carefully turns around to see if the person was still standing there. But as she looks the person is nowhere to be seen. With an uneasy feeling she walks out of the bathroom towards her bedroom. She covered herself with the bedsheets.

“Minjee, it was nothing. It was probably just someone who is walking with their dog. Yes. That must be it.” She smiles softly, thinking that would have been it. She took her phone and plugs in her earphones. Before sleeping Minjee always listens to her favorite songs. It makes her calm and sleepy. She stares at the ceiling. Tomorrow a new start will begin. It will be difficult but she is strong enough. Slowly her eyes got droopy. Not much later she fell in a deep sleep.

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

Minjee sits straight up in her bed at the sound of her alarm going off. She groans annoyed and turn her alarm off. 7 AM is way too early for her. She rolls out of her bed and stretches her body. While rubbing her eyes she walks to the kitchen for breakfast.

“What shall I eat today. A fruit salad or a bowl of cereal?” Minjee couldn’t decide so she got both of it together. She flips through her daily news on her phone when she got a text message.

 

Goodmorning beautiful, good luck today at school! Don’t be scared, you are a strong girl. Always be yourself. Hwaiting!

- Seung

 

Minjee smiles brightly at the message of her brother.

“He still thinks about me even if he is at his girlfriends. He is so swe-” A new message pops up.

 

Could you do grocery shopping after school? I text you the stuff you need to buy. Thank you!

- Seung

 

Minjee rolls her eyes. Of course she had to do the grocery shopping. Hyunseung is such a lazy if it comes to that. She send him a message back what followed by one with a list of groceries.

 

After Minjee finished her breakfast she got dressed in her uniform and did her make-up. She gave herself a big smile as she looks in the mirror.

“You can do this Minjee”. She grabs her bag with all her school belongings and left her house. While she is locking the door she hears a familiar voice. A voice she hasn’t heard for years.

“Lee Minjee! What a surprise to see you here!” As Minjee turns around she sees a guy waving at her, smiling like a total idiot. It was none other than her childhood friend Im Changkyun.

----------

Hello! I hope that you liked the first chapter. It is an introduction to the main character so you know more of her background and family. 

   In the next chapter you will meet Changkyun! Just look at him, the little cutie waving at you. Isn't he lovable ♥ 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor changkyun waving gif

Also Hyuna and Hyunseung are seriously the perfect couple....

Gerelateerde afbeelding

 

~Please subcribe & Leave a comment~