| 삼 |

Fallen (In Love)

ǁ 3 ǁ



Seungkwan froze. His hands shook as he stared up at the face in front of him. Suddenly, he remembered the face of the stranger who gave him candy. At the same time, he realized that this…unearthly handsome, tall man in front of him was that person. He slammed the door in the man's face, panicked as he ran to check the calendar.

Shoot. It was the day he told the forest stranger to drop by his apartment. Which meant that he was the one who gave him the candy. How else would he have found Seungkwan’s apartment? Seungkwan’s hands ran to his hair, tugging it lightly as he turned back to the door.

Oh, God. And he just slammed the door on the guy’s face. His beautiful face. He tugged on his hair some more before deciding to fix it and open the door again, assuming the man was still there. Surprisingly (and perhaps, unfortunately? Or maybe, fortunately, Seungkwan couldn’t decide yet), he was.

Though this time, the man’s dashing grin was replaced with a frown, his eyebrows furrowed. Oh, God, Seungkwan messed up big time. He had panicked. He hadn’t expected such good looks from someone living in a forest. This guy could be…a model, an actor, anything. Yet he lived in a forest.

Wait. What if this was a reality T.V Show? Where were the hidden cameras? Seungkwan looked around quickly. Of course, the only way a handsome man could be living in a forest would be if it was for a show. That was the only rational thing, right? Seungkwan was so confused.

“Uhm, Seungkwan-ssi?” the person had spoken. His voice was so deep and wow.

Seungkwan looked up quickly. “Y-yes?”

“I’m Mingyu.” said the stranger. He paused for a bit as if thinking. “Kim…yeah. Kim Mingyu.”

 

Mingyu had thought of a surname on the fly. He hadn't appreciated Seungkwan slamming the door in his face, though. Definitely didn’t help Mingyu’s opinion on humans much. But at least he had opened it again. Though it didn’t help that he was just staring at him. How creepy. 

Seungkwan cleared his throat. “S-sorry. Please come in.”

Seungkwan moved aside and gestured for Mingyu to come in. Mingyu stepped inside and looked around, leaving his shoes on as he stepped up into the actual apartment. He reached the end of the hall before Seungkwan yelped in realization and ran towards the taller, grabbing his arm.

“A-are you not from here?” he asked, staring up at Mingyu with a puzzled expression. “You know… You’re supposed to take your shoes off before entering a home.”

For a second, Seungkwan ran back to the front door and dug around in a closet Mingyu hadn’t even noticed when he stepped in, producing a pair of extra slippers. Mingyu blinked, staring at the shoes he had on. Honestly, they were just the sandals he had on when he Fell. He was surprised nobody commented on it. Seungkwan jogged back to Mingyu and placed the slippers on the ground in front of him.

“Here you go!” Seungkwan grinned. “You have good Korean for not being from around here. Where are you from?”

Mingyu bent down to unbuckle his sandals, purposely hesitating to answer the question. He couldn’t say Heaven, obviously. Quick, Mingyu, he thought. Think of something before you have to get up! He took off his sandals carefully before slowly standing upright to slip the slippers on.

“I, uh, was born in America. But we spoke mainly Korean.” he managed, pressing his lips into a straight line. “We just followed…American…traditions? Sometimes.”

Seungkwan blinked and nodded. “Alright then. W-well. Come in-”

He jumped ahead of Mingyu to lead him into the main living room awkwardly. Mingyu laughed silently to himself at Seungkwan’s awkwardness. He was talking about the functionality of the couch and how comfy it was, which seemed kind of useless.

Meanwhile, Mingyu looked around to take everything in on his own. The living room was the same beige of the lobby, but Seungkwan had some art and posters and such up so it wasn’t boring per say. The couch looked alright. Seungkwan said it was comfy so Mingyu figure he’d believe him on that. There was a small kitchenette with what looked to be wooden counters and cupboards, a white fridge, and a stove. Typical kitchenware, so Mingyu wasn’t sure if it was good or bad. There was a door for a bedroom and a door for the bathroom. But Mingyu saw no guest room.

“Seungkwan-ssi?” he called curiously. “Is there a guest bedroom?”

Seungkwan stopped mid-sentence, of which he was talking about how the shower water sometimes went cold after a short amount of time, and looked at Mingyu confusedly. “Guest…bedroom?” he blinked, shaking his head with furrowed brows. “No…this is a one bedroom apartment.”

Mingyu nodded slowly. “I see…”

“Speaking of which, this couch--”

“Can I see the bedroom?” Mingyu interrupted, leaning forward slightly.

“B-bedroom?” Seungkwan took a couple steps back, feeling uncomfortable with how close Mingyu was to him. “Well…I mean…sure. I was going to get there anyway. But if you wanna see it now we can…”

Mingyu smiled and gracefully sauntered around Seungkwan and walked towards the bedroom.

Seungkwan blinked but followed Mingyu, still in mild shock and definitely confused. Mingyu was already sitting on the bed, bouncing a little as if checking how comfortable it was. Why would he be doing that? Seungkwan wondered, making sure there were no incriminating items lying around, kicking a pair of underwear under his bed.

“So, this is my bedroom.” he managed to say. “Closet with all my clothing. Dressers for any other clothing. Bed to…sleep in. Obviously. The basic really.”

“It’s…nice,” Mingyu commented, but Seungkwan sensed some distaste in his voice.

Seungkwan sighed, his eyebrow twitching slightly. This guy was a lot haughtier than Seungkwan had thought. He had been flustered at first, as he was very attractive. However, he was starting to believe it was true that all attractive people only really thought about themselves. And it was really starting to tick him off.

“If you have a problem, talk to the landlord,” Seungkwan said sarcastically. “Or the architect, or the interior designer. Don’t you dare complain to me!”

Mingyu blinked, staring at Seungkwan in shock, perhaps flabbergasted by the sudden change in Seungkwan’s personality. Seungkwan didn’t care. He wasn’t going to take this kind of treatment in his home. Mingyu was the guest, not him. Seungkwan wasn’t going to let Mingyu tell him his apartment was too small, boring, or whatever else.

Seungkwan didn’t let this side of him show often. The sassy, diva-like attitude that his sisters would often about. But after dealing with his managers every day, not to mention his co-workers, Seungkwan just was not having it. If this guy wanted to live with him he had to know that Boo Seungkwan was not just a kind, sweet person who lets someone get away with anything. That was only most of the time.

Mingyu stood up from the bed, still staring at Seungkwan and laughing nervously. “Is it too late to decline your offer?”

Seungkwan’s lip twitched this time. “You chose to come here. Now you’re stuck with me, like it or not. I do not joke about my hospitality, so you better not make it into one.”

Mingyu was thrown off by Seungkwan sudden sass. That was so uncalled for. He was just trying to be nice. Humans. He shook his head and approached Seungkwan, putting his hand on the shorter male’s shoulder, leaning closer to his face.

“I’m sorry, Seungkwan-ssi~,” Mingyu said calmly. “I didn’t mean to offend you. Your place is…quaint. It’s a shame there’s not a second bedroom though.”

He stepped away when Seungkwan just glared at him. Maybe this was a bad idea. According to Seungkwan, though, he couldn't back out now, unfortunately. Oh, why had God lead him to this deceptive boy? Or rather, why had God lead this deceptive boy to him? He sighed mentally.

Mingyu paused. Wait. Was Seungkwan even being deceptive? Perhaps this was normal. Why would someone only take what they get and not get mad? Even Mingyu would get mad eventually. He shook his head quickly. Why were humans so confusing?

“Is there anything else you need to see or know Mingyu-ssi?” Seungkwan asked, dragging Mingyu from his thoughts. He seemed to have calmed down, thank the Lord. “If not, I have to leave for school. You’ll be fine here, won't you? Do you want some spending money for if you get bored?”

Mingyu shrugged nonchalantly. “I can manage, thanks. You go…learn. And stuff. I’ll…hold down the fort?”

Seungkwan stared at Mingyu incredulously before bursting into laughter. “Wow. Haven’t heard that saying in a while. Alright. I’ll make a spare key for you on my way back. Be back around five?”

Without much of another word, Seungkwan grabbed his bookbag from a hook on his bedroom door and started meandering out of the apartment, leaving Mingyu to ‘hold the fort’ as he said. Really, he chose that of all things he could have said? He made his way into the living room to sit on the couch to watch some television.

Ah. He forgot to ask where he’d be sleeping. After a moment of thought, Mingyu shrugged. He was sure if Seungkwan was nice enough, he’d let Mingyu have his room. Or so he thought. Until, when Seungkwan came back from university to get ready for work, he asked the boy himself.

“Seungkwan-ssi?” Mingyu called from the couch, which he’d spent the whole day on since he arrived in the morning.

Seungkwan was changing into his work clothing in the bedroom with the door closed, but Mingyu heard him yell back, “What is it, Mingyu-ssi?”

“It’s okay if I sleep in your room right?” Mingyu asked casually.

Mingyu heard some banging around in the bedroom. There was a long pause before Seungkwan cracked the door open and said in a meek voice, “W-why would you do that? We can’t sleep in the same bed! We’ve just met.”

Mingyu let out a breathy chuckle, shaking his head at such a ridiculous thought. “Of course not. I sleep in your bed. You’ll sleep on the couch. Yeah?”

There was another pause. This time, the door swung open and Seungkwan was definitely no longer feeling meek. He was back to being sassy and smart-mouthed. “You’ll do what now? Sleep in my bed? In my apartment? No way, Jose! You’re stuck with the couch, sir.”

Mingyu bit his lip. Well. It was worth a shot. No comfy bed for him.

Seungkwan marched towards the couch, dragging Mingyu off the couch with a strength he hadn’t even realized the smaller had. He then instructed Mingyu to help him move the coffee table. Much to Mingyu’s own surprise, he immediately complied to, He grabbed the other end of the table without any question or hesitation and helpedSeungkwan lift it out of the way, without really having any idea why it was being moved in the first place.

Mingyu hadn’t noticed when Seungkwan first charged at him (despite knowing that was what Seungkwan was doing in his bedroom) that the boy had changed into his work uniform. It still looked dirty from when he was pushed to the ground a few days prior. Mingyu briefly wondered why he hadn’t washed it yet. Perhaps you weren’t allowed to wash the uniforms at home? Maybe there was some kind of room to wash it in and Seungkwan just hadn’t had the chance. Mingyu had no idea.

“You want a bed?” Seungkwan asked his hands on his hips. He took off the couch cushions and pulled on something, a lever of sorts which, with a tiny bit of manual labour, somehow turned the regular couch into a…couch-bed? “Here’s a bed. Deal with it. Now. If you don’t mind. I’m leaving again. You better not bring up the bedroom again. And try to find a job, will you?”

Once again, Mingyu was left alone. Now, all he could do is stare at the pull out bed, wondering what magic was used on this couch to make a bed come out of the inside of a small area. He also had to figure out how to get one of those…jobs.

    Author's note:

      Word Count: 2058

A/N: Alright. This chapter was really fun to write. For obvious reasons. No one is spared from Seungkwan's sass wrath mwahaha. Don't mess with Boo Seungkwan. Mingyu gets the shock of his life when the sweet, innocent, and at first flustered boy turns on him. I hope you enjoyed this~ So far I've been able to update pretty quickly, but we'll see how long that lasts haha. Especially since exactly one month from now, I'll be in college. 

ps I still need a poster but im a lazy piece of poo who is also a perfectionist.

credit