Four and Six

The Years We Knew Each Other

Four.

Six.

 

Springtime in Yongin was always young Minho’s favorite, the toddler happily pedaling his tricycle through the puddles and laughing happily at the loud splashes. He liked it because it was warm and not so cold like Winter, he also liked it because his mommy would pick flowers and put them in his hair as she sang to him. His mommy had the nicest voice and he always liked hearing it. He giggled loudly and raised his feet when he felt his father pushing against the back of his tricycle, the toddler’s eyes widening when he saw the entrance to Everland. It was his most favorite place in the world and he always had fun when his parents took him.

 

As soon as they entered the amusement park, Minho jumped up from his tricycle and began to run around, stepping extra hard so his favorite light up sneakers could light up. It was an absolutely perfect day, he couldn’t be any happier than he was at that very moment. He ran over to a bench where he saw a cup of chocolate ice cream - his absolute favorite - and grabbed it, eating it happily.

 

“Hey, that’s mine!” a voice yelled, causing Minho to turn and look at them. There stood a girl pouting at him and her hands balled up into fists. He continued to eat the ice cream and stuck his tongue out at her.

 

“Mine now!”

 

“No fair! My mama bought that for me! Have your mama buy you your own!” the girl whined as she stomped her foot.

 

“My mommy will buy me another one after I eat this one!”

 

“Minho!” Minho turned around quickly at the sound of his mommy’s voice and hung his head when she saw her disappointed glare.

 

“Joohyun!” another woman called out as she ran towards them, kneeling by the young girl, “I told you not to run off! Are you okay?”

 

“No! That fat boy took my ice cream!”

 

“Joohyun!” her mother gasped at her daughter’s rude words.

 

“I’m not fat you poopoo head!” Minho yelled, stopping when his mother picked him up and offered the others an apologetic look.

 

“I’m so sorry, he’s usually not like this.”

 

“It’s okay,” the other woman said as she held Joohyun’s hand, “I’m sorry about her, six year olds tend to say...anything...” she said with a sigh, causing Minho’s mother to laugh.

 

“I understand. Minho here is four yet speaks like he has all the knowledge in the world!” The two women shared a laugh and continued to speak amongst themselves, while their children glared at each other - Joohyun glaring because Minho stole her ice cream, and Minho glaring because Joohyun was a poopoo head.


A/N: First chapter down! I have about four more written so hopefully, I'll be able to follow the schedule I set for updates. Like I said, chapters will be very short and will never really hit 1k words. But as they get older, chapters will get longer. I hope you enjoyed this. Make sure to leave comments!