Chapter Eight

The Armies Of The Night

Seulgi and Irene started to walk side by side to the men's restroom, breathing easily now that their crew was there to fight with them. They did need to kill some time until the next train arrived after all.

As soon as they closed the restroom door everyone was in a circle. The place smelled a little foul, but it wasn't that bad--it was mostly the combination of sweat and stench of running hours and hours on end. It was very vast though, with a lot of space between the urinals, the sinks and the stalls. Perfect place to have a fight on.

"The punks," Joy said softly. "I know 'em, their leader is the one with the roller skates."

"How many of them are there," Irene asked instantly.

"I don't know, I only saw three there--."

"I doubt they're just here for tea, they got more coming," Peniel added, this time realistically rather than being his pessimistic self.

"What's the course of action?" Wendy asked.

"They're coming here, so we better hide in the stalls and surprise them," Irene instantly said, opening every stall and making sure there was no one there. "Everyone pick a stall and if you have to just squeeze someone with you. Now!"

Without hesitating, Irene grabbed Seulgi with her and squeezed each other on the stall, Seulgi on front and Irene right behind. They closed the door and then waited.

They measured their breathing sounds even, making sure not to pant or sigh or exhale or literally anything. They were not there to get ed over now that they made it so far and so close to home.

"Seulgi, the moment you hear something I want you to charge forward to whoever it is you find, take their weapon."

Seulgi nodded and looked back at Irene. "Worrying about me?"

Irene rolled her eyes and pouted her lips a little. "Hush, we'll talk about that later."

They both chuckled then they heard the loud noise of someone violently opening the restroom doors, that's when they both shut up, getting tense and clenching their fist. They heard the wheels of the skate rolling for a while, then the footsteps of many other people. There were more of them and Irene knew this--they wouldn't just soldier right through there without weapons or without reinforcements.

Then, the anxiety inducing flick of the switchblade was heard and even echoed across the bathroom. It made Seulgi's fist clench tighter and it made Irene worry. They both exchanged looks briefly and Seulgi just nodded in assurance.

The skates rolled more and the two friends could see the man passing by and then going back to the first stall. Where Namtae was.

Irene just hoped to god that the boy would do well to defend himself this time. More footsteps came around, this time the sound of chains becoming present. Someone had a chain, probably a bat and switchblade. They had to be really careful.

These kids were assembling strategically, they were ready to jump The Warriors as if they were wimps that wouldn't go down without a rumble. Yes, they were very wrong.

Someone's door was open and they heard a yelp of pain, it wasn't anyone from the Warriors. This was the cue they were waiting for. "NOW!" Irene shouted and everyone kicked their doors out open, knocking back the slower punks.

Now the rumble was about to get started.

Seulgi instantly tackled the first thing she saw, a man with a bat who didn't even have time to swing before that happened. The sounds all around Irene were just bat swinging, hitting things, chains trying to hit thing, people punching one another, tackling one another, tossing--it was all chaos. A chaos she was going to join in, of course.

She instantly jumped over Seulgi (almost like a frog), and was found face to face with her opponent, a tall dude who didn't have weapons. The moment she saw his fist starting to move to punch her, she dodged it and delivered a precise and powerful punch right to his side, grabbing the back of his shirt and pulling him to hit his head against the wall. He was down instantly.

Seulgi had just gotten done pummeling the man's cheek, noticing that he wasn't moving anymore. She barely had time to stand up before she was faced with someone whose eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his sockets. He swung his bat and caused Seulgi to jump back and enter the stall again.

, that was a tight situation, but when she saw a pipe she could hang on to she instantly jumped to it and thanked the gods because it held her weight (which wasn't that much either way). The guy was obviously confused until he saw the end of Seulgi's boots right to his face. And he was out, falling almost on top of his fallen comrade.

"You dealt with the wrong crew, pal," Seulgi said kicking them as she looked up to the chaos going before her.

She saw Joy keeping a dude in a headlock (she loved to do that), Yeri headbutting her opponent, Wendy having some sort of bat-sword fight, Peniel holding the leader of the Punks still so Baekho could punch him and ...

Irene, being pushed against the wall with a cut on her struggling face and a forearm against .

The bastard was laughing.

Oh, hell no.

Seulgi's face was red, grabbing the nearest bat and quickly walking up to him--who was oblivious--and delivering a way too powerful hit on his lower back, making him let go of his knife and squirm in pain. "You ain't touchin' her no more, you ing piece of !" She said before grabbing him by his hair and dragging him back and right down to the floor. Of course, she wasted no time to kick the living jesus out of his side, his stomach and lastly his face to knock him out.

Irene had slowly regained her composure and looked around, seeing Seulgi about to get hit before she hurried over and drop kicked that punk right back, making him fall backwards and bump against Namtae, who in turn grabbed his head and slammed it against the nearest concrete sink.

Holy , Namtae is fighting! And he was doing very well, wasting no time to look back behind him and kick another punk right in his stomach, making him crash against the door and fall against the toilet unconscious.

There were less Punks now, it was getting quieter, their leader long gone into dream land as Irene did what she could with a scarf to clean the cut right on her cheek, at least a little bit. However, when she looked down, she saw that switchblade.

Good, it was in good piece, it could come in handy later.

The pale leader barely stood up when she saw the last one of dudes charging right at her with a rusty chain. Irene only ducked down a bit and swung her first right beneath his chin in a powerful uppercut that stunned him momentarily. The moment she saw an opening to his temple was the moment she smirked and showed off what she learned from another member of the warrior.

She swung that meaty and powerful leg of hers right to his side first and in that same moment--standing perfectly balanced on one leg--she swung it to his temple. But just to make sure he was really out of it, Seulgi grabbed him by his hair and lifted him over her shoulder briefly before tossing him against the mirrors above the sink, breaking them but not breaking the sinks. Then, he hit the floor without moving an inch.

Everyone was panting, looking around at the ground to make sure all of them were fully done fighting and ready to deliver if they wanted some more.

"Holy ," Peniel laughed out, raising his fist in victory. "We made it!"

", did you doubt it?" Seulgi chuckled out, walking closer to Irene. "Baby, are you OK?"

Irene chuckled and nodded, cleaning the blood off her cheek. "I wanted a new scar anyways."

"Well, it looks wicked cool."

"Glad you like it, you're going to see it a lot," Irene sighed, looking down and around. "We better go, we need to get home."

"Hell yes we do," Yeri suddenly said between her panting. "Before another gang comes in and tries to kills us."

Irene and Seulgi cocked their eyebrows up and looked at the petite warrior.

"Yeah, we have something to tell you guys," Namtae began, wiping the blood from his lip. "People think we shot Cyrus."

Seulgi her teeth and groaned, ruffling her hair in distress. ", man."

Irene was calm but she couldn't help to leave a big sigh of disappointment. "We didn't even see 'em."

"But we think Joonhyung... he was close to the Riffs after it happened," Wendy inquires.

Seulgi put her hands up in the air briefly. "Do you think that--."

"They put the blame on us, because Joonhyung was nearest," Irene reasoned.

Everyone shared a grim look, while Irene was thinking for a moment.

"You guys," Baekho suddenly said in a soft tone. "What if they killed Joonhyung, too."

It had dawned on all of them in that moment, but that could very much happen. These people were savages, they weren't diplomats, they would kill the first person they suspect of until questions are answered later.

In that moment, Irene looked up with a frown and her fist clenched tightly. "If they did, we have something to think about."

"Like what?"

"Who put the blame on us..."

 

However, little did they know that in the Riffs headquarters, an eye witness had come out of the shadows casted by the moon. A young man from a local gang in the reunion, a young man with an insurmountable amount of respect for the Riffs and their now-deceased leader. Hearing the news about all gangs on a hunt for one group of people--a name very popular outside of the bronx--, he couldn’t help but to feel the rotten feeling of injustice within him.

So, he requested to speak to the leader of the Riffs after some careful thought. And then, in that dark warehouse room, right in front of the new leader, he laid out the truth as he saw it, along with some friends to corroborate. They place their life in forfeit for the truth.

Now, it was up to the Riffs to find a way to make sure they were not lying. And it was time for the Riffs to pay a certain group a visit.