Sick

Give Me a Chance

Jungkook woke up with a terrible headache and his body covered in sweat. He tried to speak but was interrupted by a huge coughing fit. When he finished, he tried to move, but his body was so sore and his legs just wouldn’t work properly. He groaned. It’s official! He was sick. And of course it had to be the day of his big fan event that was later tonight.

“God dang it that stupid girl!” He yelled with his now low husky voice. As he sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed, the room started to sway. He put his hand on his forehead to steady himself and pulled it away quickly when he felt how hot his head was.

He looked over at his phone, then jerked his head away. “No. I don’t need her. I can take care of myself.” He said. He closed his eyes and got up, but instantly ran to the bathroom weakly when he felt the urge to vomit. When he finished he breathed deeply and got up slowly this time. He then walked into the kitchen to make some hot tea. He shivered from the fever and wished he would have grabbed one of his hoodies.

This black shirt wasn’t helping him at all with keeping warm. When his tea was finished brewing, the doorbell rang. “Are you kidding me? Did she really know I was sick?” He asked himself. He poured his tea and then opened the door. “Did you forget about your event tonight?! Why are you not practicing or even in regular clothes mister?!” The lady yelled. It was his manager. Why was he so disappointed it wasn’t that girl?

She was right though, he is usually up and around by now. “I forgot.” He told her with his best non sick voice. But it failed when he went into a small coughing fit. When he finished he leaned his head on the door post and closed his eyes. His manager placed her hand on his head and gasped at the touch. “Oh my gosh Jungkook! You are burning up! How could you be sick on such an important day?!” She yelled.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders and wrapped his arms around himself to bring some warmth to himself as he breathed heavily. He sneezed and his manager sighed. “You need to go lay down mister. Get some medicine in you too so you can at least be somewhat productive tonight.” She said as she shoved Jungkook inside. He followed her orders because he felt too sick to argue like he usually would.

She pushed him back to his bed and tucked him in, then sighed heavily. “Do you have anyone who can watch you until tonight? I have to go make preparations for tonight.” She asked him. Jungkook looked over at his phone slowly. “Take this just in case you are sick tomorrow.” He flashbacked to last night and her words. He coughed again then sighed heavily. “I have one person who can come.” He said.

He wanted to rip his hair out at the thought of that girl taking care of him. But yet, maybe it would be nice to have someone other than his manager wait on him and take care of him. “Great! Make sure to call them and have them come here till tonight.” His manager said as she got up from his bed. He nodded and rolled onto his side facing the window. “And don’t forget to take medicine!” She yelled from the door. He gave her a thumbs up and put it down when he heard the door shut.