Storm

Give Me a Chance

The rain poured down like hail. The wind, blowing as if to push a human being off the planet. Pil Suk Knew as soon as she stepped out the doors of the supermarket that she wouldn’t make it home in this storm in time for dinner. Her mother was making her favorite dish tonight, and yet, she wouldn’t be able to enjoy one bite of the Spicy Rice Cakes with Ramen that she savored. She didn’t even remember to bring her umbrella. How stupid could she be?! But her stomach was growling now after thinking about the meal waiting for her at home.

She stepped out into the rain, but right then the rain stopped like the flip of a light switch. She couldn’t understand why it had only stopped above her and not anywhere else. She looked up and saw a man holding an umbrella above her head. The man was drenched in rain, but yet held the umbrella with ease. Did she know this man? Or was he just some stranger being nice? It was too dark for her to see or even make out a face on the man. “Are you going to take the umbrella? Or am I going to continue to get drenched for nothing?!” The man asked flustered. Pil Suk glared at the man shocked when she heard his voice ring in her head. “Jungkook.” She mumbled between clenched teeth. She didn’t budge.

She wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her smile and move to say thank you and take the umbrella from him. No! She was staying put! Folding her arms across her chest, she turned her head and sighed heavily to show her annoyance. He laughed with annoyance and pointed his finger at her. “Yah! This is my only nice gesture I will ever do! And you’re going to turn me down?!” He said annoyed. She didn’t look at him, nor did she budge. “Fine! Don’t do anything nice for me! I can take care of myself you know! I don’t need jerks to feel sorry for me and then try to be nice like this and expect me to be ok with it!” He laughed harshly and sighed heavily. “What do you want me to do then?! Walk away and let you walk home in this rain by yourself?! Do you know how bad that would be for my reputation?! My fans would think I’m heartless to other girls! I can’t have that be my reputation!” He yelled. She didn’t move an inch. He was a jerk to her ever since they met.

She accidently spilt coffee on him at his fan signing event a few weeks ago, and ever since then he has hated her and has been a jerk to her. Why should she give him what he wants? Then again if he got sick, she would regret everything because his next fan signing event is tomorrow. He would blame her and she would never live to see the next day.

Slowly she turned to face him and looked up at him with arms still folded. His usual styled hair was drenched down onto his forehead and his usual black coat was drenched to the core. She suddenly felt a pain of guilt in her chest. He’s probably shivering and on the verge of a cold by now. She unfolded her arms and took the umbrella from him. “Thank you.” She said. He dropped his arm and pulled his hood up over his head. She looked at her watch and sighed. “I will never make it home in time for dinner.”

Jungkook took out his car keys and sighed annoyed. “I can get you to your house in ten minutes if you’re desperate.” He said. Why was he suddenly being so nice to her? She was starting to become a little skeptical of the situation. “Why should I go with you? You might try to kidnap me.” She said. He laughed harshly. “If I were to kidnap you I would have done it already and defiantly not have offered to take you to your house.” He said with a roll of his eyes. She thought for a moment, then gave him a yes shake of her head. He nodded and ran over to his car and opened the car door for her.