Chapter 8

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok found himself wide awake as he looked up at the ceiling. "Huh, Doyoung was right then," he mumbled as he reached around for his phone, checking the time. "Still too damn early," he grumbled as he rolled over, looking towards the door and jumping up at the shadow of a wolf in the doorway.

"Jeongin?" He asked, taking a closer look. Said wolf wagged his tail and stepped into the room, putting up his human illusion. "Sorry for bothering you but I couldn't sleep," said Jeongin. "No problem," said Hoseok as he went to close the door. "You're the youngest, it's normal to be missing home already," he said. "How do you know it was that?" Asked Jeongin. "Lucky guess," said Hoseok.

"What brings you into my room?" He asked. "I couldn't sleep on the bed," said Jeongin as he pouted. Hoseok chuckled and went to sit on the bed, patting the spot beside him. "Sleep here tonight then, I don't mind, unless you don't like me kicking people off the bed," he said. "No no," mumbled Jeongin as he dropped his human illusion and hopped into bed, going to lay down at the foot of the bed. Hoseok watched him for a minute before laying down and throwing an arm over his eyes.

A few hours later Hoseok was woken up by Jeongin laying his head on his chest. "Jeongin," he said, shaking the wolf awake. Jeongin jumped up and moved away, putting up his human illusion. "I don't want to disappoint you but I do have a mate," said Hoseok. "Sorry," mumbled Jeongin. "Don't force yourself on me," said Hoseok as he sat up. "I don't think you would want to face a pissed off werewolf this early in your career," he said as he grabbed his phone. He heard the sounds of the others waking up so he got up. "Do it again and I will not hesitate to put you in your place," he said before leaving the room.

Things were tense between Hoseok and Jeongin that morning, to which everyone tried to ignore. Hyunjin noticed a slight change in Jeongin but tried to ignore it for the time being, thinking it had been nothing. "Well, have fun during the game today, I wish I could get a day off but," said Joshua as he went to get ready. "Maybe next time," he called.

"Go get ready," said Mingyu as he finished breakfast. "We'll meet you at the stadium then," said Hoseok. "Sure," said Mingyu. Minhyuk nodded. "Alright, let's go," Hoseok called to Hyunjin and the others. The others headed out with Hoseok and Hoseok took the truck to the stadium.

"Ya'll go ahead, I need to talk to Hyunjin," said Hoseok once they were standing outside the stadium. Hyunjin tilted his head to the side. "Go ahead then," he said to the others. Jisung nodded and took Jeongin passed the check in spot with Minho following after them.

"What's up?" Asked Hyunjin. "Jeongin came to sleep in my room last night," said Hoseok. "And later he tried to force himself on me," he said. Hyunjin sighed. "I warned him about you having a mate," he said. "He didn't believe me," he said. "I didn't want him to take it the wrong way but," Hoseok said, sighing. "I have a mate, I have no interest in him because I still have my pure blood mate to find," he said. "If he does it again, I will put him in his place," he said. "I'm fine with that," said Hyunjin.

Mingyu, Minhyuk, Minghao and DK arrive a few minutes later, walking over to Hoseok and Hyunjin. "Did the others go in already?" Asked Minhyuk. "Yeah," said Hoseok. "Was waiting for you," he said. They headed into the stadium to meet the others.

"I bet the Yankees will win!" Said DK. "No, it's definitely the Red Sox! I won the last time we had this bet," said Minghao. "Jeongin, go get hot dogs with Minghao and DK," said Hyunjin. "Okay," said Jeongin. Minghao and DK went to get hot dogs, dragging Jeongin with them.

"What's with you today Hobi?" Asked Minhyuk as they went to sit down. "Jeongin tried to force himself on me," said Hoseok. "Didn't even try to deny it either," he said. "That idiot," said Minho as he fought down a growl. "Leave it," said Hyunjin. "If it happens again, I will deal with it," he said.

"This isn't cool," said Mingyu. "He's still a minor," he said. "Why do you think I said something to Hyunjin first?" Asked Hoseok. "As a pack alpha I'm disappointed," said Hyunjin. "But I will deal with it," he said. "I think it's better to stop it now before it gets worse," said Jisung. "He as a point," said Minhyuk.

"You know," said Hoseok. "The deal was to train all of you, but if one of you fails then all of you do," he said. "You took that risk when you decided to join in training with Doyoung," he said. "He has his own team, so he can't handle all of you so be glad he sent you guys to me or else you'd still be back home with your parents," he said. "I actually volunteered to take you in," he said.

"If we kick one member out?" Asked Minho. "Then we continue as normal," said Hoseok. "He gets this one chance, if he screws up again he's out," he said. Hyunjin and the others nod.

Minghao and the others return with hot dogs and drinks, handing everyone their hot dog and respective drink. "Let's watch the game!" Said Minghao.

The game went on for the entire day, with Minghao cheering his team on. DK was less vocal but he cheered when the Yankees got a home run. It was the last inning now and the bases were loaded with the Yankees leading by three points. "Come on!" Said Minghao. "Go team!" He said. "They got this," said Jeongin. "They have to," he said.

Minghao jumped up, seeing a home run ball go towards them. "I got it!" He shouted leaping over the seats and grabbing the ball in the process. He tumbled over several people before landing in the aisle, holding up the ball triumphantly. He watched as it pushed them to the win, with him and everyone in that section of the stadium standing and cheering.

The camera on the big screen showed Minghao holding up the ball then him pointing to DK. "You sir owe me a date!" He shouted, as the camera pointed to DK. DK sighed, but accepted, and everyone around them "aww'd" at them, causing DK to blush.

"I think we'll head out in two days," said Hoseok as he drove back to the pack house with Hyunjin, Jisung, Jeongin and Minho. "I got a text from Joshua earlier, you've been approved so we'll head out the day after tomorrow," he said. "Do you know where your first mission is?" He asked.

"Florida, Miami I think," said Hyunjin. "Oh fun, we get to visit Jun before heading down to Florida," said Hoseok. "Get a good night's sleep, and Jeongin," he said, looking into the rear view mirror. "Don't come into my room tonight," he said. Jeongin looked down, nodding.

"He did what now?" Asked Doyoung as Hoseok explained what had happened later that night. "I warned him," said Hoseok. "He's a damn minor for god's sake, what the hell was he thinking?" Asked Doyoung.

"I told Hyunjin, if he screws up again he's out," said Hoseok. "Out means the team fails," said Doyoung. "Exactly," said Hoseok. "I refuse to teach a team who can't control their team members, he's lucky I gave him another chance," he said.

"Anyway, how's things on your end?" He asked. "Good, we saw the game, Minghao got really lucky there," Doyoung said with a chuckle. Hoseok laughs. "I told you he would win that bet," he said.

"If it happens again, let me know and we'll switch Jeongin out for one of the other members on my side," said Doyoung. "There's no guarantee that it won't happen again," said Hoseok. "But they know the consequences now," he said. "Goodnight then," he said. "Goodnight," said Doyoung before he hung up.