Chapter 16

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok woke to Jisung whimpering next to him. He sat up, turning to Jisung. "Jisung," he said quietly, shaking the wolf awake. "Jisung wake up," he said. Jisung snapped awake, snapping at Hoseok. Hoseok jumped away, falling to the floor with a loud thud. Jisung jumped up, putting up his illusion. "S-Sorry!" He said.

Hoseok groaned and sat up. "It's alright," he said. "Reminds me of when I used to have nightmares," he said. "Don't worry about it though," he said, getting up. "How'd you get rid of yours?" Asked Jisung. "I'll tell you tonight," said Hoseok. He checked his phone for the time. "Well, let's go start on breakfast then," he said, leaving the room. Jisung nodded and followed after him.

Hoseok got started on breakfast, with Jisung helping him. They worked in silence, going to work on different things to get breakfast done quicker. The others slowly entered the kitchen, smelling food. "Hyung," said Jeongin. "Hm?" Asked Hoseok as he pointed to the coffee maker, causing the others to go to it and get their cups of coffee. "When are we going to Disneyland?" Asked Jeongin. Hoseok laughs slightly, shaking his head. "We're leaving after breakfast," he said. "I got a message from Doyoung earlier, they're waiting on us there," he said.

"Breakfast is done," he said, and everyone went to eat breakfast. After eating breakfast Hoseok went to take a shower and get ready. The others went to get ready, with Jonghyun yelling, "Have fun!"

Once Hoseok was ready everyone went out to the truck with Hoseok putting his duffle bag under the backseat. "Who wants shotgun?" Asked Hoseok. "Me!" Said Jeongin. "I call window!" Said Minho and Hyunjin. "Come on!" Said Jisung as he pouted. "You can get shotgun on the return trip, how about that," said Hoseok. Jisung smiled slightly. "Sure," he said. Hoseok smiled before getting in the truck. The others got in the truck and after a few minutes Hoseok started the truck and drove off, heading to Disneyland.

Doyoung was waiting for them just inside the gates with the others, and Hoseok tackled him, clinging to him. "Missed me?" Asked Doyoung. "Mm," said Hoseok as he chuckled some. "Hey hyung," said Felix. "Yo," said Hyunjin. "Glad to see you guys came out of that alive," said Chan as he threw an arm around Minho's shoulder. Minho chuckled some. "We see what you meant now about the testing us as a whole," he said.

"Well," said Hoseok as he turned to Hyunjin. "Go have fun today, I have a lot to think about," he said. "Don't worry about anything today, just go have fun," he said. Hyunjin nodded. "Let's go!" Said Jeongin as he dragged Felix and Seungmin with him. Chan and the others followed after them to keep them out of trouble.

Doyoung turned to Hoseok. "You do have a lot to think about eh?" He asked. "Well, if it helps you any my half of the team passed," he said. "It really doesn't," Hoseok said with a sigh. "Because I wasn't there," he said as they started walking.

"Hyunjin was willing to put his entire pack's lives on the line for one person instead of letting that one person die so his pack could be let go," he said. "He's lucky it was Jonghyun and his team," said Doyoung. "If they were real vampires they wouldn't have been let go so easily," he said. "You gotta remember, Hyunjin's young," said Hoseok. "His experience with this is very little," he said.

"And from experience, we would've never been let go like that," he said. "We would've done everything we could to get everyone out alive," he said. "We're werewolves though," said Doyoung. "I'm sure that they would've tried to do the same thing," said Hoseok. "If this was a real situation," he said.

"Well, it's up to you now," said Doyoung as they spotted the kids up ahead looking at a souvenir stand. "Do you really think that this pack has what it takes to become an official pack?" He asked. Hoseok shook his head. "No," he said. "As vampire hunters maybe," he said. "There's a lot of things that needs improving," he said.

"Maybe if this pack had one of the older members be the alpha yes they would have what it takes," he said. "Minho has been a great help in keeping things calm," he said. "I can tell you that Chan and Woojin have been keeping things in line, but that's all they've done," said Doyoung. "No one on my half of the pack stepped up as an alpha," he said.

"I almost want to just take Jisung back with us, at least when we head home," said Hoseok as he stopped to sit down on a bench. "Why do you say that?" Asked Doyoung. "He seems uncomfortable with his pack, at least from observing them during our travels," said Hoseok. "Chan says that that's it's nothing serious," said Doyoung as he sat beside Hoseok. "He's always like that in new environments," he said.

"We've been on the road for two weeks," said Hoseok. "The other night he told me he didn't want to go home," he said. "If they don't become official they can just do what Sungjin did," said Doyoung. "Ah right! The loophole with the vampire hunting," said Hoseok. "That protects them as a whole because they're all part of one team," he said. "Exactly," said Doyoung.

"I'll let them have their fun today," said Hoseok. "They deserve it," said Doyoung. "You have the return trip to Boston to think about it," he said. They both wave when they were spotted, Jeongin running over with a Mickey Mouse hat on. "How do I look?" He asked. "Funny," said Hoseok as he chuckled. "Are you having fun?" He asked. Jeongin nodded. "Everyone wants to go on some rides," he said. "Go ahead," said Hoseok. "Don't worry about us, we're here the entire day," he said. Jeongin nodded and ran off, going back to the others.