Chapter 20

A Hunter's Struggle

Doyoung and the others arrived at Boston after a couple days, with Hoseok telling him the news. "Well," said Doyoung. "The rest of the pack has a decision to make then," he said. "Exactly," said Hoseok. "Hyunjin, Jisung and Jeongin agreed to be on my first team," he said. "Minho is staying here with Mingyu after having a very long talk," he said. "Hm," said Doyoung.

"Are you going to take another team?" Asked Hoseok. "Probably not," said Doyoung. "I have my own team to worry about and they're humans," he said. "Granted they've been hunting for a long time but," he said, shrugging. "I probably won't take another team until they retire," he said.

"That leaves their decision to them then," said Hyunjin as he walked over. "Our pack is a pack because of the whole council thing, but now we don't really need to worry about it," he said. "Yeah, you're vampire hunters now," said Doyoung. "There's no real advantage to having a team though," he said. "Everyone has their separate missions but teams are good to have when doing missions in case you need help," he said.

 

~



Jisung walked with Chan as they explored Boston a little bit, Mingyu tagging along with Minho. "So we failed huh?" Asked Chan. "Yes but we're vampire hunters now," said Jisung. "At least, that's how our side ended up," he said. "You have a choice now," said Minho. "To become vampire hunters or to go home," he said. "Hm," said Chan.

Mingyu tilted his head to the side. "Just give it some thought, the offer's there as long as Doyoung and Hobi are here," he said. "Right, they wanted to go home before Christmas," said Jisung. "Why is his nickname Hobi anyway? I've heard everyone call him that," said Minho. "Doyoung started calling him that," said Mingyu. "And then everyone else just went with it," he said. "He used to hate the nickname, now he doesn't really care," he said, shrugging.

"How long before Christmas?" Asked Chan. "A couple weeks," said Jisung. "We'll have our answer before then," said Chan. "You've done a good job on your own, I'm rooting for you," he said. "Thanks hyung," said Jisung. "Well, you have a lot to think about," said Mingyu. "We'll leave you to it then," he said as they stopped in front of the pack house. Chan nodded and everyone went inside.

 

~



"Hey guys!" Said Kihyun as Hoseok started a video call with Doyoung and Minhyuk with him. "How's things?" Asked Hoseok. "Great, Jooheon, Youngjae, Kisu and Cory headed to South Korea to visit Cory's pack," said Kihyun. "It's good for them to go back for a little while at least," said Hoseok. "How's Jungkook and Changkhyun?" He asked. "Fine," said Kihyun. "Jimin come say hi!" He shouted. Jimin ran over, quickly getting in camera. "Hi hyungs!" He shouted. "Hey Jimin," said Hoseok.

"How's the old pack been?" Asked Minhyuk. "Great, it's not the same without you," said Kihyun. Minhuyk chuckled some. "I'll come over for a visit," he said. "Granted Joshua's father doesn't bug Joshua to go visit again," he said. "At least he's not much of a douche bag like some people are," said Jimin. "Mm," said Minhyuk.

 

~



"So you guys made it as vampire hunters huh?" Asked Felix as he hung out with Seungmin, Jeongin and Hyunjin. "Yeah," said Jeongin. "Now ya'll can stop making fun of me for being the kid," he said, chuckling some. Seungmin chuckled some. "You're still the kid to us," Hyunjin said, laughing some as Jeongin pouted. "Felix! Seungmin!" Called Changbin. "Well, that's our cue," said Felix as he looked towards the voice. "They're probably talking in the kitchen, go before they send Changbin after you," said Hyunjin. "Ugh," said Seungmin as he sighed. He went into the kitchen with Felix following after him.
 

~



"By the way, we may be picking up 3 more people," said Hoseok. "Possibly 4," he said. "God damn it," said Changkhyun as he got a turn at talking to Hoseok and Doyoung. "I know they're just wolves but," he said, sighing. "They can room with Youngjae, Jooheon and Kisu, it's not like we'll be home often," said Hoseok. "I know, but," Changkhyun said, shaking his head. "I guess they'll have to deal with it, I'll let them come over since they're your first team," he said.

"Granted they're still kids and practically homeless since that pack house they had was only there for the purpose of when they became an official pack," Hoseok said, shrugging. "How old are these kids?" Asked Changkhyun. "Hyunjin and Jisung are 17, Jeongin is 16 and the youngest and if Chan decides to come with us he'd be the oldest at 20," said Hoseok. "Alright, just because they don't have a home to return to," said Changkhyun. "However, they are your problem," he said. "Fair enough," said Hoseok. Doyoung chuckled some. "Werewolf packs are run differently from regular wolf packs, they're gonna be surprised with this information," he said.

 

~



"So," started Chan as they sat around the kitchen table. "What are your thoughts on this?" He asked. "I expected this outcome," said Woojin. "From what I heard he failed because he didn't get our hints," he said. "Don't bash on Hyunjin like that," said Seungmin. "He passed the vampire hunter aspect of it, which was expected even if he didn't pass the pack part," he said. "I agree," said Changbin. "But Hyunjin left the choice up to us as individuals to choose to continue vampire hunting or not," he said.

"There is perks to it," said Felix as he shifted in his chair. "We don't get sent home," he said. "From thinking of everyone's history, Minho doesn't have a home to return to, you and Jisung don't like your pack, Seungmin and I didn't like ours though we lived a somewhat better life, and Changbin's a loner like Minho, though not with that much history," he said.

"I say we give it a shot," said Changbin. "We'll go stay with Sungjin, granted he lets us," he said. "I'm sure he will, we know him through Hyunjin after all," he said. "I might take up Jisung's offer of joining him, at least for a little bit," said Chan. "To make sure he's alright," he said. "He'll be fine hyung," said Seungmin. "Let him have his fun," he said. "Did you see how relaxed he is now? Let him have his freedom," he said. "You're right," Chan said, sighing.

"So, what's the final verdict?" Asked Woojin. "Who's staying and who's going home?" He asked. "No one is going home," said Chan. The others nod in agreement. "Alright, we're staying then," Chan said, holding out his hand. The others put their hand on top of his. "To the pack," they said, throwing up their hands.