Chapter 19

A Hunter's Struggle

Minho walked around Boston with Wonwoo and Mingyu. "So you wanted to talk," said Mingyu. "I don't know what will happen but I am a part of a experiment," said Minho. "What happens afterwards is my guess," he said. "It's to see if Hyunjin really is ready to be an alpha of a wolf pack," said Wonwoo. "Sungjin told me about a similar experience he went through with Wonpil and a few others," he said. "He failed and became a vampire hunter," he said. "Basically got out from the council's hold," he said.

"If they send us back, I don't have a pack to return to," said Minho as he sighed. "Come straight here," said Mingyu. "At least you won't be alone, you have Dowoon," he said. Minho hummed in response as he nodded. "I'll give this a chance," he said. "I've heard horror stories of what happens to you guys after getting rejected, I don't want that happening to you," he said. Mingyu looked relieved. "Alright," he said. "We should head back then," he said. Wonwoo and Minho nod before heading back to the house with Mingyu.

When they got back Hoseok was waiting for them on the steps. "Things went well I assume?" Asked Hoseok. "Yep," said Mingyu. "Alright, we've been summoned to the bank, so let's go get this meeting over with," he said. Minho nodded. Hoseok went to get the others with Wonwoo and Mingyu following after him. He came back with the others and they headed to the bank.

"Ah, you're here," said Joshua as he met them in the lobby. "Leeteuk is waiting for you," he said. "Oh, we got the cavalry it seems," said Hyunjin as he held his head high. "Don't back down from their glares, just keep a straight face," said Hoseok as they followed Joshua up to the meeting room. "Good luck then," said Joshua before he left them standing in front of the meeting room. Hoseok opened the door, meeting the glares of Leeteuk and a wolf he didn't know.

"Come sit down then," said Leeteuk. "This meeting should be fairly short," said Hoseok as he sat down with the others sitting around him.

"I assume things went well for you during the two weeks you had this pack under your wing?" Asked Leeteuk. "Yes," said Hoseok. "But I only had this half, my mate and vampire hunting teammate Doyoung had the other half of the pack," he said. "They figured that since I had Hyunjin, who is the appointed leader I may add, that I should be the one to take them back to Boston first," he said. "So what happened during this test?" Asked the other wolf. "May I get the pleasure of knowing your name first?" Asked Hoseok. "Heechul," said Heechul.

"Well," said Hoseok as he sat up straight. "My test was to test them as a pack as a whole," he said. "What would happen if they got captured with me acting as a new member to their pack? Would they try to set me free first or try to set themselves free first?" He asked. "The premise behind this test was to see if they truly wanted their pack to stay within just them or be open to new members and see the consequences of their actions," he said. "What happened exactly?" Asked Leeteuk.

"They failed," said Hoseok. "They failed to see the true meaning behind this test at first, they chose me instead," he said. "May I speak?" Asked Minho. Leeteuk nodded for him to go ahead. "I saw through this test immediately," said Minho. "However, since it was a test I couldn't tell Hyunjin straight up that this was a bad idea, due to experience," he said. "He chose Hoseok off the bat thinking in the ways of a vampire hunter," he said. "Choose the stronger person first because they would be able to get us out," he said. Leeteuk nodded.

"As a wolf pack that was a bad idea," said Minho. "Because if Hoseok was set free then everyone was killed off except Hyunjin and Hoseok, well Hoseok could've easily turned around and betrayed Hyunjin, thus killing him," he said.

"I saw what the test was in the end," said Hyunjin. "After Hoseok explained what his side of the test was," he said. "Doyoung was supposed to test Chan and the others as vampire hunters, while I tested my half as a pack," said Hoseok. "Doyoung had passed them, but my half of the pack failed the test," he said. Leeteuk hummed in response.

"Don't get me wrong," said Hoseok as he shook his head. "These kids are great, and Hyunjin is willing to learn," he said. "They want this pack to become official which I heard is hard to do," he said. "But do I see them as a real pack right now? No," he said. "Do I see them being a great pack in the future? Yes," he said.

"On that note," said Leeteuk. "It would be a shame to us if we let this pack continue as they are," he said. "It seems that way," said Heechul. "But they passed as vampire hunters," he said. "It seems they did," said Leeteuk. "It is your ultimate decision to continue as vampire hunters then, you will not become an official pack," he said. "Otherwise you are free to go home," he said. Hoseok and the others stood, bowing before leaving the room.

"Before you yell at me," said Hoseok. "I gave my honest truth here," he said. "If they let you become official and you make that mistake again, well," he said, shrugging. "Wolf packs get new members all the time," said Minho. "A situation like that would've come up eventually, especially if you became official," he said. "I guess we can keep the pack together as a whole," said Hyunjin. "Just by being vampire hunters," said Jisung.

"Well, your papers are all checked in," said Joshua as he met them down in the lobby. "Welcome to the vampire hunting association, I assume that Doyoung will be here with the rest of your pack soon," he said. "Yes," said Hyunjin. "But that is up to them if they choose to become vampire hunters or not, otherwise they go home," he said.

"Who's team would you like to be on?" Asked Joshua. "I've given it some thought," said Jeongin. "I want to accept Hoseok's offer of becoming part of his first team," he said. "I do too," said Hyunjin and Jisung. Minho sighed. "Well, I might end up with Mingyu after all," he said. "So I won't be joining your team," he said. "That's alright," said Hoseok. "A team of 3 is good to have, 4 is pushing it slightly," he said.

Joshua smiled slightly. "Well," he said. "Keep Mingyu happy, that's all I got to say," he said. Minho nodded. "I will," he said. "I'll see ya'll at home later then," said Joshua. Hoseok nodded and headed back to the house with the others.