Chapter 14

A Hunter's Struggle

They reached Miami around 2 am, Hoseok stopping in a parking lot to message Jonghyun to see if it was alright to stop at their place. "We're here?" Asked Jeongin as he stretched in his chair, yawning. "Yeah, just checking to see if we can stay at Jonghyun's place," said Hoseok. "Are we still going to Disneyland after?" Asked Jeongin. Hoseok chuckled some. "Of course," he said. "It's a way of celebrating, regardless of you passing or failing," he said.

A car pulled into the parking lot, pulling up beside the truck. "Hoseok?" Asked the person in the other car. "Yeah," called Hoseok as he rolled down the window. "Oh, hey Jonghyun," he said. "Follow me, we moved so," Jonghyun said, shrugging. "Alright," said Hoseok. Jonghyun backed out of the parking spot and drove off, Hoseok following after him in the truck.

They pulled up to the house with Hoseok parking behind a Jeep and getting out. The others fell out of the truck as the doors opened, their legs asleep from being in the truck for so long. "Ya'll can have the rooms at the end of the hall, you're gonna have to share," said Jonghyun as Hoseok grabbed his duffle bag from the backseat and slung it over his shoulder before closing the back door. "Well, who's rooming with who then?" He asked as he turned to Hyunjin and the others. "I'll be with you if you don't mind," said Jisung as he turned to Hoseok. Hoseok nodded. "It's us three in one room then," said Minho as he turned to Hyunjin and Jeongin. "Alright," said Jonghyun as he headed inside with the others following after him. "Don't be too loud now, the others are sleeping," said Jonghyun before he went into his room. Everyone went into their designated rooms.

Hoseok put his bag down after grabbing his phone and charger and flopped into bed, sighing. Jisung climbed in on the other side and lay on his back, looking up at the ceiling. "You gonna be okay tonight?" Hoseok asked as he turned his head to look at Jisung. "Yeah," said Jisung as he nodded. "Alright," said Hoseok as he sat up, going to plug in his phone charger before plugging in his phone. He went to take a quick shower before coming back and finding Jisung fast asleep in wolf form. Hoseok shook his head and went to lay down, turning off the light on the nightstand and falling asleep.

Hoseok woke to the alarm the next morning, flailing his hand around to find the phone and quickly turning it off, checking his phone for any new messages. He heard Jisung move around beside him before settling down to lay sprawled out on the bed, looking at Hoseok. "Sorry," said Hoseok as he turned to look at Jisung. Jisung shook his head, putting his human illusion up, showing that he was lying on his side with one arm under his head. "Couldn't get much sleep," he said. "Nervous?" Asked Hoseok. Jisung shook his head. "Just homesick I guess," he said. "Understandable," said Hoseok as he got a text.

He sat up quickly, before getting up and running out of the room. Jisung blinked and got out of bed, running after him. He reached the door as Doyoung and the others got out of the jeep, Hoseok tackling Doyoung and kissing him. "Oh!" Said Jisung as he ran back inside to get the others. Hyunjin and the others ran outside with Jonghyun and the rest of his team coming out to see what all the excitement was all about.

"Someone missed me," said Doyoung as he broke the kiss, tousling Hoseok's hair. "Hush," Hoseok said with a pout. "Hey Doyoung," said Taemin. "Yo," said Doyoung as he waved. "I want to spend the day with my mate if you don't mind," he said, turning to Hyunjin. "Nah, go ahead," said Hyunjin. "As long as we can spend the day with the rest of my pack," he said. "They know they can't spoil anything so yeah," said Doyoung as he chuckled some. "Take the Jeep, I assume one of you can drive," he said. Chan raised his hand and Doyoung threw him the keys. "Be back by this afternoon," said Hoseok. "We'll be doing the mission tonight," he said. Chan nodded and everyone got in the jeep, Chan starting the jeep and driving off, going to have fun for the day.

"We'll go prepare," said Onew. "They'll pass, don't worry," he said. Hoseok nodded. "Let's go enjoy the day then," he said. Doyoung nodded and Hoseok went to get the keys, coming back and getting in the truck. Doyoung got in the passenger seat and Hoseok started the truck, driving off towards the beach.

"Oh, is it December 4th again?" Asked Doyoung. Hoseok nodded. "I figured we'd at least go to the beach today," he said. "I never keep track of the time, we've only been gone for what, two weeks?" Asked Doyoung. "Yeah," said Hoseok as he chuckled some. "We missed Thanksgiving but that's alright," he said.

"Do you know what's up with Jisung?" He asked as they reached the beach, Hoseok going to park the truck. "What do you mean?" Asked Doyoung as he got out with Hoseok, closing his door. Hoseok made sure to lock the truck before walking with Doyoung, going to sit in the sand. "He has trouble sleeping," he said, shrugging.

"Oh," said Doyoung. "He comes from an abusive home," he said. "He was lucky to be given the chance to join an official pack, I think with all that's happened, he wouldn't have made it," he said. "I see," said Hoseok. "Not everyone knows of his past except Chan, who grew up in the same pack," said Doyoung. "Chan told me about it, looking out for him as a hyung should," he said. "I told him not to worry, you would take care of things, and Hyunjin would look out for him," he said. "I have, and everyone's kept an eye on him," said Hoseok.

 

~



"Everything alright Jisung?" Asked Chan as they all laid down in the grass in a park, just relaxing and enjoying everyone's company. "Yeah," said Jisung as he looked up at the sky. "You'll do fine," said Felix as he turned over to look at Jisung. "Trust us," he said. "It's not that," said Jisung. "Is it about your past then hyung?" Asked Jeongin. Jisung nodded.

"Nothing's gonna happen to you," said Hyunjin as he sat up. "If we don't become official screw the rules," he said. "We'll do what Sungjin-hyung did, and we'll be the best we can be in this world," he said. "We don't need to be an official pack, as long as we have each other," he said. "Who's with me?" He asked, holding out his hand. Everyone got up and went over, putting their hand on Hyunjin's. "To us!" They said, throwing up their hands.

 

~



"We should get back then," said Hoseok as he stood, stretching. "We spent the day at the beach, well then," Doyoung said with a chuckle. "Good luck to you," he said, standing and stretching. Hoseok smiled slightly before walking back to the truck with Doyoung. They got in the truck and Hoseok started it, driving back to Jonghyun's house.