Chapter 02

Still..

After what Mina unnie told me yesterday, I wasn't able to get sleep. Thoughts of how I'll win you over corrupted my head and the endless pain in my chest didn't help either. All I could do was stare at the empty space next to my bed, where your bed was originally placed before you left me...

I turned to my left and grabbed the letter you left me as few years ago. My heart still aches whenever I read it, I regret being childish. My youth with you was the best time of my life but then, the days of my youth are over, and I need to be mature. I want to be with you Momo unnie, but I don't know where to start...

I stood up and headed to the living room, there was Chaeng watching some movie while Mina unnie was cooking lunch, what a beautiful sight, seeing Chaeng steal loving glances at her lover and smiling widely as she watches Mina unnie cook.. The pain in my chest didn't fade at that beautiful sight, I wished we were like that, even if there were no kids running around greeting us a good morning, I wish you were here to greet me and assure me that everything will be OK...

I quietly walked to the couch and sat next Chaeyoung, I was trying so hard to focus on the movie currently playing, but my thoughts were just always full of you... I wonder how you look like now? The last time I saw you was you had a beautiful long blonde hair. I'm pretty sure you look a lot more beautiful now. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Chaeng smiling widely at me.. She pointed at your best friend who was now adding finishing touches on the food..

"Wouldn't it feel good when I see that kind of sight everday?"

She said and looked at Mina unnie again, I can hear Chaeng sigh in happiness, she's really planning on the engagement now, and she wants it to be perfect.

I can imagine you walking down the aisle, wearing a beautiful white gown complimenting your features and your body, but then... 

It might not be me who is waiting in front of the altar...

Mina unnie then gestured us to come to the dining area to eat, she looked so happy and contented.. There were no other words to describe what I see in Mina unnie and Chaeng whenever they are together.

I was eating my meal in silence when I felt a hand grab my shoulder, I looked at Mina unnie smiling at me, but compared to Chaeng, her smile had a spark of sadness.

"We'll be meeting her later, I want you to come.."

Turns out that I didn't need to look for you anymore, but on the other hand, I can't make you mine in an instant.. You're engaged. Who knows..

Maybe you don't want me anymore.

But then, there's still a spark of hope in my heart, I know deep down... 

There's still a chance for the both of us..

Evening came and it was finally time for us to see you.. After 2 years, I'm finally going to set my eyes on your beautiful face and hear your voice.. And maybe put you in my arms, with the will of not letting you go again.

It was only a 30 minute drive from our place to the private mansion Mina unnie said you bought.. You must have been successful in Japan when you were away. I can feel my heart beat rapidly as I stepped out of the car, Tzuyu placed a hand on my shoulder, I smiled weakly at her and sighed.. I was thinking of what if the lucky guy is with you.

"If you're thinking that, Hyukjae is around.. Don't worry.. He isn't.."

Tzuyu said as if she heard my thoughts, we slowly made our way to your front door.. I can feel my chest hurting, my lungs seem to not function properly as I continuesly seek for air, Sana unnie grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze, as if she's telling me that everything will be OK..

Nayeon unnie rang your doorbell and the air in my lungs seem to lessen more, tears were already forming in ny eyes and I haven't even seen you yet.

It took a moment before the door opened, a woman with dark blue short hair, came out and smiled.. You still have the same smile that made me fall for you. You greeted everyone and hugged them, I was left alone rooted in my place. Your looked at me and its as if the world stopped, there was only you and me.. 

"D-Dahyun-ah"

You said, pain and happiness evident in your eyes. My body seemed to have a will on its own as I approached you and hugged you tight.. The tears that I've been holding back finally fell. I felt my heart ease as you hugged me back..

"I'm sorry for leaving.. I'm sorry if I was a coward.. I'm---"

I didn't let you finish as I engaged the both of us in a sinful kiss, tears were still flowing and I couldn't be happier now that you're here..

Its as if the thoughts and the fears that I had as soon as Mina unnie broke the news to me were gone..

And it's just us...

I broke the kiss and we leaned our foreheads againts each other..

"I'll never let that wedding happen.. I promise you.. I'm never letting you go again... I love you.."

I can see a faint but contented smile form in your lips..

"I love you too"

And let me tell you....

That was all I needed to hear...