Chapter 03

Still..

"Don't stare at me like that.."

"Like what?"

"Like I deserve you after everything I've done"

"You deserve every inch of me.. and I don't regret waiting for you for a long time after you left me without saying a word cause deep down I knew that we still had a chance.."

You just shook your head, I lifted your chin and looked straight into your eyes...

"I know it will be hard Momo unnie, its hard to compete with an engagement you and that guy both hate.. but you don't have a choice because your parents are greedy as hell..."

You chuckled, I smiled and gave you a peck on the lips

"But let me change their minds.. Will you? Love?"

I asked, you smiled and engaged us in another kiss, we both smiled as we pulled apart, it feels so good to be with you again...

"Hey love birds get a room.."

Chaeyoung said that made us both chuckle, she was with Mina unnie as always, snacks in between their hands, preparing for the movie night everyone agreed on.

"Where are the others?"

You asked, Mina unnie placed the snacks on the table before answering.

"They're outside, enjoying the pool.."

"They're swimming?"

"Nah, just dipping their feet, can you call them over? We're almost done preparing."

Mina unnie said, I nodded and took your hand, we walked slowly to the pool area, enjoying the view of our friends enjoying their time..

"As always, God Jihyo is God Jihyo.."

You said, I looked at you and smiled

"God Jihyo has a suitor now.."

I said, you looked at me, confusion and excitement mixed in your eyes

"Who's the guy?"

You asked, I understand why you feel giddy, Jihyo unnie being the only straight person in the group, she brings a unique flavor to the team

"If I remember correctly his name is Jaebum.. Sweet guy, a good dancer and singer.. and I can see that he's really into Jihyo unnie.."

You nodded and smiled widely, probably feeling a lot more giddy than expected

"Guys! Come on! They're done preparing!"

You shouted at the girls who were starting to get themselves wet by kicking the water to each other, they immediately got up and dried themselves before following us back inside. When we got back, Chaeng and Mina unnie were picking a movie, Mina unnie had her head on Chaeng's shoulder and the small bean doesn't seem to mind at all.

"What about 'IT'?"

Mina unnie asked Chaeyoung, the smaller one just hummed and placed a loving kiss on her girlfriend's lips before pressing play, we sat beside them and the other's arrived just in time before the movie really started.

We were both screaming at the jumpscares, us being the noisiest as usual, Mina unnie seemed scared and Nayeon unnie too, but being in the arms of Chaeng and Jeongyeon unnie seemed to help them cope with the fear. Sana unnie and Tzuyu were having fun copying Pennywise and it brought a smile on my face... well, before another jumpscare came..

We watched a few more movies before calling it a day, almost everyone was falling asleep half way of the last movie, Mina unnie and Chaeng were sleeping, So is Nayeon unnie.. The others were struggling to keep their eyes open as they went to their room. It took me a lot of courage to wake Chaeng up for her to transfer Mina unnie to their room, luckily she just nodded and lifted her girlfriend in her arms. It still surprises me how Chaeng can be so strong at times.

We stayed on the couch for a little while, I took my time staring at you as you slept. I smiled unknowingly and caressed your face.. I never felt this happy, but then I saw the ring on your finger... The one you said that your parents made you wear due to the engagement..

I almost forgot... I got an engagement to cancel..