The Flower we are

And I'm a Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo looks down at the flowers on the floor and laughs bitterly. Columbines, "A Fool I am huh?" she thought to herself. A Week ago while doing her homework she had started to cough up flower petals and with this Momo had freaked out and immediately contacted Sana for help.

*A loud thud and knock on the door had let Momo know that her bestfriend Sana have arrived and had probably tripped by the doorsteps yet again.

Momo walked over to open the door welcoming a Sana who was holding her ankle groaning in pain "Momo! Your doorstep is being mean to me again!" Momo sighed at the common occurance everytime Sana comes over then opened the door wider for Sana to enter.
Sana had quickly made herself comfortable heading straight for the couch with Momo following shortly after closing the door sitting beside Sana. "SO..." Sana started "What do you mean you were coughing up metals? That must've hurt a lot" Momo turned to face Sana looking annoyed "PETALS. Flower petals not metals." nodding her head Sana made an "Oh" and smiled at her bestfriend playfully "So you mean you were coughing up flower petals?" Momo nodded.
"Ah... That must be it. Hanahaki Disease, coughing up flower petals due to one sided love" Momo tilted her head a little and stared at her clearly confused. Momo was like this, she doesn't understand things fast and she'll always need more explanation as if you're talking to a baby but Sana doesn't mind at all."Mina... you love Mina don't you?" Sana asked knowing the answer "But Mina is inlove with Jeongyeon" Looking down Momo thought about her unrequited love for Mina.
Mina has been with them from the start and had made her way into Momo's heart with time. They met at the studio when Sana accidentaly tripped and pushed Mina causing them both to fall down. Momo helped Sana to get up and had immediately apologized in place of her friend but Momo froze when she looked at Mina. Sana was already apologizing and talking to Mina but Momo only stood looking at Mina and she seemed like a plain quiet kid but she was captivated. HECK SHE IS PRETTY. Momo snapped out of her thoughts when Sana pulled her hand and she asked where they are heading "to buy Mina ice cream duh"  Momo stayed quiet realizing Mina was walking beside Sana too "Mina huh? Plain as well but still pretty." she thought.
Momo tightly gripped the pillow she was holding and Sana's heart sank for her her bestfriend but continued to explain "Momo your unrequited love for Mina is why you are coughing up flower petals" Sana's voice was gentle as if she's trying not to hurt anyone, almost like a whisper. Momo only nodded slowly as if it was all slowly sinking into her and looked like she was asking for more explanation and so Sana continued to talk*

Momo walks to school taking her time. She's not really feeling well today but still wanted to go to class just because seeing Mina is always worth it. "Momo!" Jihyo runs up to her and beams a warm motherly smile "You look like your soul has left you. Are you not feeling well?" reaching up to Momo's forehead to check. "A little yeah but don't worry I guess I just need more of Jokbal to fuel me" Momo answered and laughed a little as they walk to class together. They reach their class before the professor came and they both head to their seats Momo quickly scanning the class loking for someone but was only disappointed when she saw that Mina still haven't arrived realizing Jeongyeon is not there yet too. She sighed thinking about how long will this day last feeling less motivated. Like usual, Momo went through all the classes sleeping or secretly eating with Jihyo making her wake up or stop eating every 5 minutes.

History class and only then did Jeongyeon arrived alone. "Ms. Yoo, I think you are a little too early for tomorrow's class" The whole class laughs and Jeongyeon only shrugs and sits on her chair. Momo wonders why is Mina not with her.

It's been two months since the two had started dating. Mina broke the news to them while their group were having ice cream at the park. That time the shine was shining brightly as it always did but Momo swore that Mina's smile was brighter.

*Momo stared at Mina a little too long and she just stood there while everyone congratulated and hugged Mina before Sana nudged Momo and so she smiled at Mina (The best she could.) "Congratulations Mina - yah! You must be very happy you finally got your crush...I'm really happy for you little penguin!"  she says as she ruffles Mina's hair "As a congratulatory gift, I'll buy you another ice cream then. Seems like that one isn't enough for you" Momo say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter