kiss me quick

kiss me quick

 

Jimin plops himself face-first onto his bed. He thanks every higher being in the universe that it’s finally Friday and his hellish week has come to an end.

 

He slips in and out of consciousness, but a faint ping captures his attention. Rolling over to grab his phone, he sees a text from Hoseok:

 

put on those cute jeans, we’re going out tonight

 

He groans, he’s really not trying to leave the apartment at all this weekend. Why is his dumb roommate forcing him to go out?

 

He pointedly ignores the message and goes back to take his nap. Unfortunately, he hardly gets a wink in before said annoying roommate barges into his room, flipping on the lights and rummaging around like nobody’s business.

 

“What the , dude?”

 

“I said we’re going out! Get up sleepy head, we’re gonna get so drunk tonight, we’ll be sleeping 'til next week!”

 

Jimin groans. He's had quite a stressful week, but if he's being honest, an opportunity to get faced drunk and forget about all his worries does seem appealing.

 

He blearily opens one eye to glare at Hoseok who gives him a -eating grin in response.

 

Cursing his dumb best friend to hell and back, he manages to get himself together and roll off the bed.

 

“Don't worry darlin’, you'll be coming with me,” Hoseok winks in response. Jimin simply flips him off.

 

He pulls on his favorite pair of black skinny jeans and lets Hoseok drag his reluctant self to the local bar.

 

Jimin wastes no time in beelining to the counter, asking the bartender for a couple shot glasses and a bottle of tequila, throwing back shot after shot to get that pleasant buzzed feeling.

 

He feels a hand on his shoulder, “Slow down, Jiminnie, I'm not going to carry your drunk back to the apartment if you get this wasted,” Hoseok reprimands.

 

“S’okay, I know what ‘m doin’,” Jimin slurs.

 

He stumbles a little making his way through the throng of people but notices Hoseok’s doubtful face.

 

Truthfully, he's still quite sober, but he figures if he acts like he's drunk then people will leave him alone.

 

He's not trying to go home with anyone tonight, just enjoy himself to the fullest and then crash for the rest of the weekend.

 

Jimin could have sworn Hoseok was right behind him, but now he can't see his roommate anywhere. Shrugging it off, he continues his quest towards the dance floor.

 

Without a care for who’s around him, he shakes his hips wildly, swaying to the beat of the heavy bass, lines streaking through him like an electric shock. He knows he must look like a crazy drunk dude, but his consciousness has never felt lighter.

 

Jimin is so caught up in his own vibe, he hardly notices another figure coming into his personal space and entering his line of vision.

 

Suddenly, warm hands come up to caress the sides of his face. Jimin’s eyes shoot open and get a good look at a guy with a rather handsome face. He’s not quite so into himself anymore.

 

He opens his mouth to say something to the person who’s now closing in on him, but a finger to his lips stops him short.

 

The next few moments are a bit unbelievable.

 

The handsome guy whispers in a low and husky tone, “Sorry about this,” and presses his lips to his. Incredulous, Jimin starts to fight off the other male, because he’s definitely not drunk enough for this.

 

However, as he continues to struggle against him, the other presses even closer, until a tongue starts his lips and all Jimin can think at this point is, damn if this guy ain’t a good kisser.

 

Just as Jimin starts to get more into the kiss, he rudely awakens when all he can feel is cool air.

 

He must look like an idiot with his mouth pouted in mid-air as he flutters his eyes open to see the guy who just mauled his face give an amused smirk, “Thanks for that,” and exits the floor.

 

Jimin stands in the same spot for a few more moments, absolutely livid and anger overtaking him after each second.

 

That er can’t just make out with me and then leave with no explanation!

 

He pushes himself out of the throng of people and attempts to locate a familiar face in the dark lowlight of the party.

 

He manages to finally spot a recognizable figure leaning against the corner wall, nursing a beer. Marching up to him, he grabs the bottle out of his hand, lifting it to his own lips for a sip. The other male doesn’t seem to immediately recognize him in the lighting,

 

“Can I help you?” He asks with a twinge of mild annoyance.

 

“Excuse me, but who the do you think you are?” Jimin spits out.

 

The man scoffs, “Don’t you think I should be asking you that?” He reaches to grab the bottle back but Jimin evades his hand.

 

“I’m the one asking questions here, not you.” The other rolls his eyes. “Who do you think you are, kissing a random stranger with no explanation and then just leaving as if it’s no big deal?” Jimin asks.

 

A filter of understanding passes through the man’s eyes. “Ah, that. Sorry, it was kind of an emergency. I normally don’t kiss on the first dance,” he says with a lilt to his voice.

 

Jimin brushes off the obvious line he’s trying to play. “Okay, fine, I don’t really mind the fact that you kissed me, but usually, I don’t know, you’d say something to precede it or at the very least afterward.”

 

For the first time that night, the other man looks away with a shy look, rubbing the back of his neck, “Sorry, really... I just needed to make someone jealous real quick, and you were just there. I promise I didn’t mean to use you like that.”

 

Before Jimin can give a snarky response, another figure slinks next to the man on the wall. He goes rigid.

 

“Taehyung-ah...it’s been a while,” the new guest says.

 

“So it has,” the man, Taehyung, mumbles.

Jimin can put two and two together and figures this must be the someone he was referring to earlier. The ex regards Jimin curiously, raising an eyebrow that only causes insult to the injury.

 

“I think I saw you two earlier on the floor, you seemed pretty close,” he says with an obvious derisive tone.

 

Taehyung pushes himself off the wall to face the other man directly, “What’s it to you? Why are you even here right now?”

 

The other has the audacity to come closer and hold one of Taehyung’s hands, “Aw, come on. Don’t tell me you’ve already forgotten about me?”

 

Retracting his hand quickly, he looks at him with disgust. Throwing an arm over Jimin’s shoulder he says, “Don’t kid yourself thinking I still give a single about you. We were done the moment I caught you in the act.” Looking at Jimin, “Let’s go.”

 

The ex scoffs, grabbing Taehyung’s wrist in a vice-like grip, “Please, you think you can get over me just by ing around with a shrimp like this? You know you’ll never find better than me,” he spits out.

 

Now it’s Jimin’s turn to step in, having stayed quiet during the entire scene. He unclasps Taehyung’s wrist and holds his hand instead.

“Look, I don’t know what kind of scum-eating lowlife you are, but if someone says they’re moving on, let them go. The fact that you’ve come all this way to slink your way back into someone’s life who doesn’t want you is just downright pathetic,” Jimin says.

 

He can tell the other man is visibly pissed off now, so he quickly pulls Taehyung away from him and moves to another area of the club.

 

Taehyung has that same shy look from earlier and mumbles a thank you. Jimin brushes off the thought that it’s kinda cute and pointedly takes another swig from the beer bottle still in his hand.

 

“So now what are you gonna do? You gotta take responsibility for this,” he says teasingly.

 

Taehyung’s eyes narrow, “Responsibility for what?”

 

“I don’t give kisses away for free,” Jimin smirks.

 

The other man’s eyes darken and that annoying smirk re-appears on his face, “What kind of payment were you thinking?”

 

Jimin downs the remainder of the beer bottle in his hand and gives Taehyung a pointed look, “First buy me another drink and then we’ll talk.”