the ravenclaw rose and the hufflepuff honey.

The Heir
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⠀⠀Soojung's shoes clicked on the hardwood floor of the silent Hogwart's Express, everyone in this car still shocked over the episode just a few seconds prior. Soojung just huffed, using her legs to catch up to the man in front of her, who was probably just as pissed off as she was if his speed meant anything.

⠀⠀"What the hell was that?" She hissed, knowing that she could never catch up to him, he had long legs and strong muscles, and she hadn't such. "You didn't do absolute back there."

⠀⠀Jongin stopped, finally, and turned to face her. His kind, sweet face was screwed up in anger, a look she had never seen him with, but it didn't scare her, it was kindling to her fire. "Was I supposed to?" He snapped. "Hoseok was right, they attacked him." Their voices were raised, but Soojung gave him the dirtiest look and kept her voice to a whisper.

⠀⠀"You know Head Boy isn't a title? It's a duty." She poked him in the chest, hard. "And it is your duty to keep peace in this school. If you don't want that duty you talk to the Headmistress and see what she has to say, and we all know how much you hate the Headmistress." She was seething, she knew it, and she had no intention of stopping. She was angry, utterly pissed off at the man before her if she could even call him that.

⠀⠀Jongin gave her a hard stare, and she returned it twice as angry.

⠀⠀"I'm sorry," He sighed, dropping his look. For a Gryffindor, he wasn't prideful. He was kind, and Soojung knew this. He was acting pretty out of character now, and it was obvious as to why. That was usually his character with her.

⠀⠀Soojung has known Jongin since their first year, well, she knew of him. It was hard not to know of Jongin, though, as he was a star Quidditch player from day 1, the nicest guy you could ever meet, and probably the brightest student in all of Gryffindor, hell, Hogwarts even, second to maybe that of Soojung. They competed in the school, in every academic way possible, but Jongin was popular. Soojung was not. She never spoke to Jongin before they both met with the Headmistress when she said that they would be Head Girl and Head Boy. Since then, Soojung has been arguing with Jongin that he needs to be a better leader. She blames Jongin's once good nature on Hoseok and his friends, especially his annoying girlfriend. 

⠀⠀Not that Soojung was jealous of Suzy. Well, she was, but just at the normal amount, anyone would be to a pretty and popular girl such as her. Nothing more.

⠀⠀"It's..." She sighed, running her fingers through her long dark hair. "Fine."

⠀⠀Jongin looked up at her, his furrowed brows softened and so did his eyes, thus Soojung looked away.

⠀⠀"He's my only friend." He spoke, soft, and no one listened, but Soojung. She heard his little cry for help, even if it wasn't because she knew that even he himself agreed that Hoseok wasn't the greatest friend ever, or that Suzy wasn't the greatest girlfriend ever. But Soojung couldn't help. They had nothing in common, and it was always hard for people of different houses to be friends, their schedules and secluded hangout areas made sure of that.

⠀⠀Soojung stepped back, and Jongin assessed her actions with searching brown eyes. She turned her head away, away from his gaze and that pull of emotions that she knew he had. He wasn't seen as the only nice Gryffindor man for no reason.

⠀⠀"Then you need better friends." And that was all she said before her feet lead her back to where she came from, didn't know where to go, as long as it was away from Jongin's soft eyes and solemn heart.

⠀⠀The last thing she heard from that scene was Suzy's earsplitting voice cooing at Jongin, probably trying to convince him to kiss her, and Soojung clenched her hand into a tight ball, storming off into the train.

 

 

 

⠀⠀Seulgi was relieved the train ride was over. 

⠀⠀As much as she loved Hogwarts Express, the ride over was very tense ever since the story about the Slytherin student striking the Gryffindor student came around to her. Hufflepuff, Seulgi's house, was probably the one house that was kept out of House versus House affairs. At most, Hufflepuff was just stereotyped to be very weak and overly friendly. Seulgi never spoke her mind, but many Hufflepuff students could be flat-out s. 

⠀⠀"Something on your mind, Seul?"

⠀⠀Seulgi turned to her best friend, Kim Jisoo, who had a sly smirk on , and Seulgi blushed and shook her head. "Nothing! I was just... thinking."

⠀⠀"Was it about Jimin?" Behind her, Lee Hongbin, Seulgi's other best friend, came up beside her and nudged her in the ribs. Seulgi furiously shook her head, and Jisoo guffawed. "You two have been flirting for years now! Why don't you just get it over and done with and just, I dunno, date?"

⠀⠀"He's probably just being nice! I mean... wouldn't you? I'm a charity case, for God's sake, he probably doesn't want this baggage. I don't even want this baggage, honestly." Seulgi shook her head again, and both Hongbin and Jisoo rolled their eyes, at the same time. It was freaky how they just did that, both ganging up on Seulgi, all the time. If Seulgi didn't know better, she would think they were the perfect couple. But Seulgi did know better, Hongbin was as gay as the day was long.

⠀⠀"Oh come on, Seulgi." Jisoo sighed. "Sure, you're not the richest girl in the school, but you must give Jung Soojung credit for that. Though she's incredibly antisocial you know who you are? You are literally friends with every single damn freaking Hufflepuff student." And Seulgi knew that, but was that enough? Seulgi didn't see herself as pretty, especially as pretty as Jung Soojung, not even mentioning Seulgi's awful grades.

⠀⠀"Besides," Hongbin spoke up, as a carriage drove up in front of them, and they quickly got in, Hongbin being the only one who could see who drove the carriage. "Why would Jimin want to date a Ravenclaw snob when he's got a beautiful and friendly Hufflepuff?" Hongbin flashed his toothy grin, and Seulgi nodded, her heart doing weird flips and things. 

⠀⠀"Jimin is-"

⠀⠀"Hey guys, you guys got some room?" And there he was, in all his glory, Park Jimin, Seulgi's longtime crush and of course the one who had to walk in on their conversation. Seulgi pretended to ignore the look that Jisoo and Hongbin shared, and nodded, signaling for Jimin to come in.

⠀⠀Jimin sat next to Hongbin, who was sitting directly across from Jisoo which meant Seulgi didn't have many places to look other than right at Jimin. She kept her gaze down.

⠀⠀"How was your summer, guys?" Jimin inquired, he just had this knack for conversation, even if he himself was squirming in his seat because of Seulgi. At least, that's what Jisoo always says, but Seulgi never believes her. "Mine was great!" Hongbin exclaimed the usual gummy smile that Seulgi had grown so accustomed to was going to be her downfall in moments like this. "But Seulgi," Here they go. "Spent most of her summer in Japan!" 

⠀⠀Jimin's eyes widened, and he looked at her, and they shared a gaze that made Seulgi's fingers twitch. "Really? I've always wanted to go there. My parents don't really have the money to travel that far, but we did go see the Quidditch cup in Scotland." He smiled, and so did Jisoo and Hongbin. Seulgi tried to hide her own giddy smile with a polite one. "Really? My dad has been saving up to go for years, it was his... grad present to me. That's really cool about the Quidditch cup though! You're the captain of our team, so I'm not surprised?" Seulgi chuckled, and so did Jimin, and it didn't take a fool to know that the two of them were shy around each other. Jisoo insisted that Seulgi was much dumber than a fool, as she was a lovesick fool.

⠀⠀They kept on like that, the two of them talking, and her friends never interrupted. They just smiled and grinned, but after seeing Jimin's smile for a while, she couldn't bring herself to care about what Jisoo and Hongbin did. 

⠀⠀Once the carriage reached the castle, Jimin's friends called him over. Much to Seulgi's dismay, she waved him away with a bright smile and a nudge to the side from both of her friends. "Can't believe you didn't invite him to sit with us," Hongbin tsked and Jisoo shook her head. Seulgi smiled sheepishly and followed them to the Great Hall.

⠀⠀"Who were the students who got into the fight?"

⠀⠀"I'm not surprised it was a Slytherin student who attacked the Gryffindor student. They always thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter