Chapter 3 - Love?

YOU&ME&BABY

The doorbell of the Yoon household rung and Jeonghan answered the door and was surprised by the guests before him. Yoon Papa and Yoon Mama in front of him. “What are you doing here, Eomma, Appa?” his parents laughed and looked at each other, “Can’t we visit our only son?” Jeonghan’s mother said and lay a kiss on his forehead. “Of course, you can just text me anytime for notice next time.”

“Where is our grandchild, Hani?” Yoon Papa ask excited to see the 5-year-old boy. “Oh, Jisoo just took him out for groceries that’s all, they’ll come back soon.” Jeonghan’s Parents looked at him bewildered with what they have heard, someone took their grandchild and Jeonghan is okay with it. Not a usual scene for them.

In a flash, somebody opened the front door, “We’re back!” A man’s voice was heard, tagged with him is a kid holding the hem of his shirt. “I’m right here at the living room.” Jisoo let baby Hakku go to the living room and he walked to the kitchen to put the groceries inside the fridge

Meanwhile in the livingroom as Baby Hakku skipped his way there he was surprised by his grandparents. He ran towards them and grin. “Lala! Wowo!” Baby Hakku hugged them. “Baby, where’s Papap?” as Jeonghan ask the question, Jisoo is already walking towards them. “Present!” Jisoo chuckled and looked at their house guests. “Good Afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Yoon. I’m Hong Jisoo, it is nice to finally meet you.” Jisoo offered a sincere smile and bow at them.

“You know us?” Yoon Papa said smiling at Jisoo. “Kind of, I heard stories about you.” Baby Hakku then run to Jisoo and gently pulled at the hem of Jisoo’s shirt, He carried Hakku in his arms. “Papap, sweepy…” Jisoo chuckled. “maybe you should take a nap nae? We’ll sleep in your room now okay?” Hakku shook his head. “Nwap Papap cwest!” Jisoo nods. “Okay, baby will nap on Papa’s chest.”

As Hakku fell asleep Jisoo put him on the couch, patting him gently on the side. Humming. “Why does he call you Papap again?” Yoon Mama and Papa sat on the other couch making conversation with Jisoo. “Oh that? This baby is just being cute and everything, I don’t know why he keeps on calling me that but I like it. It’s cute.”

“I forgot, can I offer you anything? Juice, water, food.” Yoon Papa laughed. “It’s alright, Hani offered us that earlier when we arrived. Jisoo just made an O sound when he heard what Yoon Papa have said. “Our son had told us that you work for him?” Jisoo nods. “Yes, as his secretary and Hakku’s babysitter.” Jisoo gave them a warm smile. “I really like taking care of Baby Hakku, he’s so cute and cuddly.”

“How is it working for Hani?” Yoon Mama asked and looked at Yoon Papa then back to Jisoo. “To be very honest with you? He’s complicated but I can handle him.” Jisoo looked at Jeonghan and then to his parents. “We fought how many times in a day whenever we can because we get in each other’s nerves, but then everything is okay.” Jisoo looked once again at Jeonghan.

Jisoo’s phone vibrated, Junhui’s name pop up, saying, “SOS, CODE RED. IMMA CALL YOU RIGHT NOW, ON SPEAKER NEEDED.” Jisoo was shocked when Junhui called, “Sunshine! Emergency!! I need your expertise.” Junhui talked non-stop on the phone. “A boy here is speaking to me in English and you know me I only speak, Cantonese and Chinese, my Korean is just as good as potato salad.” Jisoo chuckled as he heard what Junhui said, he was rumbling again. “okay, let me speak to him.” After a few seconds, Jisoo worked on his magic. “Josh-hyung, is that you?” The boy spokes in English. “Vernon? How in the world are you there with Junhui?” the other boy on the line chuckled. “I found him in the café near your workplace, I remembered the photo from two months ago, you and him on the beach.”

Jisoo laughed a bit louder causing the guests and Jeonghan to look at him. “Sorry, sorry, Vernon, I’ll get in touch with you, Okay I love you too, bye.” He ended the call and looked at the people who are looking at him and smiled. “It’s just a longtime friend.” All of them nodded, Yoon Mama laughed. It was the first time he saw Jeonghan frowned all throughout Jisoo’s conversation with a friend.

“I want to stay here for the night. I want to cook something special for my grandson and my future son-in-law.” Jeonghan blushed, “W-what future son-in-law?” He stuttered as he was looking at his mother.

“Nothing. Jisoo dear, can you accompany me to the garden?” Jisoo just smiled and nodded to Mama Yoon’s request. Meanwhile left in the living room Yoon Papa and Jeonghan looked at each other. “What’s wrong with Eomma?” Yoon Papa laughed. “He likes Jisoo. Isn’t that a good thing?” Jeonghan Looks at his father confused. “W-We’re not a couple, h-he’s just my babysitter and Hakku’s secretary.”

Yoon Papa laughed out loud, Jeonghan just gave him a What is funny look. “You stutter and you rumble all your words when you like someone, Hani. We know you.”

In the Garden, “Jisoo-ah.” Jisoo turned to Yoon Mama who spoke. “Please take care of my son, as you said he’s a bit complicated and a little bit demanding, He’s been through a lot that’s why.” Yoon Mama smiled. “I know I’m asking too much but I know my son, he is fond of you. I can see it in his eyes and yours too."