Prologue

Our Story or Their Story?

It had been a year since my happy married-life started. I could say that this one year was probably one of the happiest time periods in my life. Kris really showed the different side of him. Surprisingly, he could be quite romantic at times. Even though we had been married for more than a year, I didn’t think I had known him enough since he was so unpredictable at times.

Graduation day was two months ago and we were now in university. Kris and I went to the same university -Seoul National University but not the same major. He took business administration since he would take over the company while I took music since it’s been my passion since child.

Both of us were becoming busy since then but we would always try to find time for each other. Our parents asked us about when we were planning to have some children and we thought we didn’t need to rush. Kris and I agreed to have some after we have graduated and made some money ourselves.

It was one fine afternoon when suddenly a loud bang was heard through the door. It was Hyemi and she was panting hard.

“Jein! Jein!” She desperately called my name and I instantly sensed something was wrong.

“What? What?” I quickly handed her a bottle of water and she drank it to calm down.

“Nara!” She could only say that and panted again. I grew really impatient but I knew Hyemi was always like this when she was shocked.

“Luhan is asking her out!” My eyes widened as I tried to process everything. The same Luhan that turned her down almost two years ago?

“What?” I finally snapped back to reality.

“Yes. Let’s go!” She said and dragged me. I hadn’t even recovered from my shock. What the heck was going on?

A crowd was gathered as if there was a spectacular show. Some were chanting for Nara to accept him while some were crying in despair. As I was quite tall, I could see Nara and I tried to get closer. Nara was totally shocked. Her jaws dropped and I could tell that she thought it was a dream. I finally could reach her and I continuously called her name.

She turned to look at me and sighed in despair. I knew she was hesitant. Luhan was her first love but he was also her first heart-breaker. Luhan had never showed any interest at her and he was suddenly asking her out. That was quite suspicious.

I mouthed ‘it’s up to you’ to her and she nodded her head signing that she got what I said. It took her some seconds before she nodded her head lightly to him.

“Do you mean ‘yes’?” Luhan asked for certainty and Nara nodded again shyly. Claps were heard here and there and Luhan immediately hugged Nara. He then dragged Nara out from the crowd.

“Do you think Luhan is genuine?” I asked Hyerin and Hyemi when the crowd has dismissed.

“I don’t think so. I think there is something behind this.” Hyerin said.

“I’m not sure either but I guess I understand why Nara accepted him.” Hyemi said and I raised my brow instantly, demanding some explanations.

“You know Luhan is extremely popular in this university, not just in our major. We also know that she hasn’t got over him. If she had rejected him, she would have faced some harms because his ‘fans’ would definitely not stay still watching Luhan getting humiliated. Besides, she actually still loves him too. Even if she could receive some hates because she is now Luhan’s girlfriend, I think she could bear it. And even if Luhan is playing her, she probably thinks that she was once already played by him so it’s not something new anyway.” Hyemi explained and both Hyerin and I nodded in understanding.

“Let’s find her now. She probably has a lot to tell us.” Hyerin said and she called Nara. Nara was sobbing through the line and we knew something was off once again. We ran as fast as we could to our secret hideout in the campus and found her sobbing there.

“What? What did that jerk do?” I asked in fury.

“I’m just so happy, guys.” Nara said and the three of us were damned confused. However, the next second, we were all scolding her as we saw her smirking secretly.

“Yah! What the heck was that for? I really thought you were played once again!” Hyerin smacked her playfully.

“I think he is genuine.” Nara smiled. She was so happy, huh?

“But don’t you think this all happens too fast? I mean, he never really shows a direct interest towards you.” I asked.

“It does. But do you know what he just said to me? After we got away from the crowd?” Nara was still smiling. “He said that he felt sorry for me ever since he turned me down and he said that he fell in love with me because of my persistence. He had a lot of girls around him but nobody is like me. No one has scolded him when his grade was low, when he acted recklessly, but I have done all that. He thought that I’m changing him into a better person.”

“That makes sense.” Hyemi said.

“So you guys are official now?” Hyerin asked and Nara nodded.

“That’s good. How about Kris and you?” Nara asked.

“Kris and I? We’re good.” I said but their faces showed anxiety out of the blue. I was even sure that I saw Hyemi nudge Nara.

“What? You don’t believe me?” I asked.

“What? No! Of course we do.” They stuttered. I have been friends with them since a long time ago and I could tell that they were hiding something from me.

“What is it guys?” I grew impatient.

“Nothing. But…Hmm… Have you heard the news?” Hyemi asked and I shook my head. What news?

“It’s probably nothing though.” Hyerin commented and immediately changed the subject, “How is your preparation for the test?”

“Please don’t try to change the subject. What is going on?” I asked firmly. They looked at each other, hesitant. I knew they knew something I didn’t. I knew they didn’t mean to keep it a secret, they probably wanted me to discover it myself. Unfortunately, I was curious since it involved Kris.

“Errrr… I’m afraid that we just concern about something we shouldn’t.” Hyemi said but my eyes clearly told them that I wanted to know.

“Just please. You made me damn curious. You guys are responsible for this.”

“See? You should not bring that topic up!” Hyerin said to Nara and regret was written all over her face. Something was definitely happening. My woman’s instinct told me.

“Just please tell me. I promise I won’t freak out.” I said as my curiosity level has reached the highest.

“Lee So Hee is coming back to Korea.” That one single sentence that Hyemi uttered nearly gave me a heart attack.

Lee So Hee? The name was too familiar at my ear. The goddess of my high school. The only right match for my husband. His first heart-breaker.

My mind went black for a minute. Fear crept into my mind. I tried to reason that Kris is mine right now. Kris is mine.

“Is she entering our university?” I asked out of the blue.

“Yes, and the same major with Kris.” Nara said in low voice.

This couldn’t happen. No. I tried to convince myself. Kris could have gotten over her. Kris could have. But the probability of the word ‘could’ itself is fifty percent which meant Kris could also haven’t.

For a damn year, we never talked about her. For a damn whole year. Kris could have forgotten her. Kris could haven’t forgotten her.

Damn it.

Hello guys!

Please drop some comments so I can know what you guys think :D

I'll try to update ASAP *Promise*

~kimsfangirl~