Chapter 3

It’s Called Love Not Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once at home and after taking a steaming hot shower I sat at my desk and began my pile of homework. I was halfway through with an essay for psychology when my phone vibrated next to me.

Unknown Number:
Hey :)
(Tues. 9:30 PM)

     I tilted my head as I read the message, figuring it was a person with the wrong number and I set my phone back onto my desk deciding to ignore the message and finish my homework. The next day I woke up for school late, skipping my morning shower and immediately changing into an outfit for today which was more laid back than usual out of haste. After freshening up my appearance, I was out the door and on my way.
     I took a deep shaky breath, to calm my nerves as I opened the door to enter the class I was five minutes late to. To my relief Mrs. Shin only spared me a quick glance and I hurried over to my seat avoiding eye contact with Baekhyun who was watching my every move. I ignored his presence and continued to focus until the end of class. Once the bell rang, I packed my stuff away and noticed the light on my phone blinking. Reaching and unlocking it, I read the message in my head.

Unknown Number:
Sleep well?
(Wed.. 9:55 AM)

Curiosity sparking within me, I texted back a short reply.

Taeyeon:
Who is this?
(Wed.. 9:56 AM)    

     Waiting a few seconds for a reply I put my phone back in my bag once I didn’t receive one and continued on my path to my chemistry class. Once lunch time had arrived, I found myself standing outside of the cafeteria room near the entry doors, my hand on my growling stomach and my regret of not packing a lunch growing bigger. I dug in my backpack, searching for a wallet or any cash at all, but to no avail.
     Sighing I shrugged and turned to retreat, but couldn’t proceed as my path was blocked by a tall student with cocoa-colored brown hair, smiling eyes and a bright rectangular smile. I bowed awkwardly, attempting to go around the stranger but was stopped by an outstretched arm greeting me.
     “Hi there,” the unfamiliar student leaned in closer, offering his hand, “You’re Taeyeon right? I’m Taehyung, I’m in your chemistry class.”
I forced a smile, that never quite met my eyes, placing my hand in his and giving a firm shake, “Y-yeah, I’m Taeyeon.”
     Taehyung grinned from ear to ear, “I’ve been wanting to talk to you for a while,” he rubbed the back of his neck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter