Chapter 1

It’s Called Love Not Obsession
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     I clicked the snooze button on my phone, closing my eyes and drifting off into a light slumber for another five more minutes before my phone’s alarm blasted in my ears again only minutes later. I whinnied, my eyes still heavy and the temptation to stay in bed and let everything drift away was strong. After contemplating the pros and cons for a moment I lazily stretched my feet over the edge of my bed reaching for my light blue fuzzy slippers and hurrying to the shower.
     It was my first day of university and I was more than nervous, I was stressed, I was never the kind of girl that made friends easily. I had been homeschooled for nearly most of my entire life, except for my last year of high school. I had always found it hard to make friends, even though I had attempted and utterly failed multiple times. For the time I had attended high school, my first time attending public school, I had eaten school lunch by myself everyday. I never really had friends.
     Trust me, calling me an introvert is an understatement, I’m an extreme introvert.
     After my quick steaming hot shower, I rummaged through my unorganized closet, scanning for a decent looking outfit. It was my goal to at least make one friend, despite my shyness, I would try to overcome it.
     “This looks okay...” I tilted my head, scanning the white shirt and light blue overalls I had dressed into in the mirror. Styling my long dark brown hair into a high messy ponytail, I grabbed my white backpack and headed out the door of my apartment, running down the hall and making it out the door just in time to catch the nearest bus.
     After a short walk from the bus stop, I had arrived at the front gate of my university, with my schedule slip held in between my fingers. I felt suddenly discouraged and timid, with the new crowd of people before me, everyone was smiling cheerfully in pairs or groups. I was the only lone ranger in this new uncomfortable setting, struggling to fit in.  I held my head low while I entered and searched for my first class in the tall, beige maze like building.
     “Room nine,” I mumbled to myself after finding my first class, twisting the doorknob, my eyes  meeting about a dozen more student’s eyes who were sitting and conversing together. Before I could process anything I immediately trudged to the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter