CHAPTER FOUR

When Fate Meets Destiny

Donghyun and Heeyoung are walking home—passing by each of the neighbor' house. Heeyoung's phone rings—she looks at the caller's name.

Heeyoung answered the phone, “Hello? Yes, I’m the one that is speaking. WHATTTTT?!!! When you're coming here? Not sure? Ohhh~~kay… Just keep in touch if you're coming. I can ask someone to fetch you from the airport anytime since 'he is free all the time'… oh well, my schedule is pack, but not his. NO?!!!! HE IS NOT MY TYPE!!! Don’t ever dare to say that… well, see you next time. Bye,~~~~”

Donghyun asked, “Who is calling? Your friend? Your relative?”

“My relative,” she answered. “She might come here, visit us… based on what she told me on the phone. She lives with her mother and brother in Tokyo.”

“Oooo…. So, is she some kind of Japanese lady?” asked Donghyun. “Is she working?”

“I don’t know about that—all I know that she is just finishing her high school this year,” said Heeyoung.

Finally, they reach in front of their house. CEO Kim and his wife are sitting on the swing while waiting for their son and daughter-in-law come back. As they see them, they wave their hand as they welcome them. Donghyun and Heeyoung just gave their best shot of welcoming smile towards CEO Kim and his wife, especially Donghyun.

“Hi, dad!” greeted Donghyun, with a smile. He hugs his parent.

“You've grown day by day,” Donghyun's mum praised her son with a big hug.

“So, that’s mean I have never grown before, then?” Donghyun joked.

“I don’t think he is grown up. Look, the way he is styling himself—just like old him. Never change at all,” said CEO Kim; his face looked very serious while talking to his son.

Heeyoung opens the door, welcomes her parent-in-law to their house. While in the living room, the son and the father still having their own conversation. Fifteen minutes later, two of the lady joins them in the living room together with hot drinks and sort of cookies from the kitchen.

***

“I heard that you have your cousin in Japan?” asked CEO Kim.

“Yes. But how do you know about that, dad? I never talk to people about that?” said Heeyoung, wondering.

“Your mother has talked about it a week ago,” replied CEO Kim.

Heeyoung silent at the moment, thinking about something upfront.

“Where did she will stay if she's here? Do she have the place to stay?” asked Mrs. Kim.

“I don’t know, she never talked to me about that. But I think she has something in mind if it's about the accommodation. She's well-prepared about that,” told Heeyoung, confidently as she knows well about her cousin.

“Well, if she needs an accommodation—just tell me. So that I can arrange about it. Besides, although both of you are a cousin, you really treat her just like your own sibling…both of you really, really close back then,” said CEO Kim, smiling towards Heeyoung.

“Mm-mmm… yea, we're really close—” Heeyoung told the true fact about their relationship. “She's older a year from me, but just finishing her high school this year.”

“Oh, that’s mean… she's the same age as me then,” interrupted Donghyun.

“You’re not her type,” said Heeyoung.

“Do you still keep in touch with her?” asked CEO Kim's wife.

“At least once a week,” replied Heeyoung, smiling.

CEO Kim looks at his watch, and suggested something, “Something comes up in my mind—why don’t we have our dinner outside. It's rare for us to have gathered together as a family. We really miss this moment, gathering together as a family. After Donghyun out from the high school, entering university—only your mother and I always eating together, without him. Now, since both of you were here… why don’t we spend time together, go dining outside, just once a while.”

CEO Kim's wife agrees with her husband's suggestion. Heeyoung and Donghyun look at each other. They just smile as they agree with CEO Kim's suggestion. Donghyun well-known of his father's character, nobody can make disagreement with his father even one.