CHAPTER ONE

When Fate Meets Destiny

This early morning along with droplets of the raindrop from the grey sky, the wind blows gently into the house of the young couple. As the clouds getting darker, the heavy droplets of rain begin to drop heavier. Finally, the rain falls on the mother earth—the young couple just enjoys their own moment in the house that day. The young just married couple, Kim Donghyun and Shin Heeyoung were living together as Kim Donghyun wanted. Actually, there was a story behind their marriage; Kim Donghyun was the only son, the spoiled son of CEO of the well-known big company—because the CEO himself cannot control his son's behavior, he decides to plan his son's marriage to stop his son's spoiled and ill-mannered behavior. His Secretary's daughter was being chosen for his spoiled son. It has been arranged that way so that his son learn what is responsibility and life means. Meanwhile, at Shin's house, the daughter looks furious when she has been told that her marriage will be arranged with her mother's boss’ son, which the heir of the big company that her mother work. It takes time for her daughter to accept the fact that her marriage had been planned in order to change the heir of the company's ill-manner behavior. While in her room…

“Why me?! That's not my problem! Mom, I just couldn’t understand why must me?!” said Heeyoung angrily, flipped page by page without reading or skimming the content of the book. “It is too much! And I hate marriage arrangement especially from parents!”

The door knocks gently by her mother, the mother comes in with a glass of syrup with jelly inside. She sits next to her daughter and begins to explain why her boss planned it. But Heeyoung still cannot accept the fact that she has to marry the man that she was never meet before. At the same time, she just break-up with her boyfriend a few weeks before. She does not have that kind of heart to continue the second relationship. However, after the gentle persuasion from her mother—she finally agrees to be in the plan.  The mother brings her daughter to meet her boss and discusses the plan. During the discussion...

“I was hoping my son will change—and I know it will take some time for that. I hope you will be patient for that,” said CEO Kim, put a high hope on Heeyoung.

Heeyoung nodded, and said, “I hope that I will not give up… but I have to sacrifice my status just for this one?”

“I am very very sorry for that, Miss Shin. Actually, this is not what I want. I was hoping that he can be responsible for his life by his own. But that is out from my expectation. I thought that I taught him well, but never taught that everything I taught him was spoiling him instead,” said CEO Kim, sighed.

That was your fault then. And why are you involving me in your son's life? I have not known or meet him before, thought Heeyoung, a little bit pissed-off about it.

***

Even, the son of CEO Kim, Kim Donghyun was against with what his father's plan. He really pissed-off when his father announced that he will be married to someone that he doesn’t know and meet before. His mother doesn’t know what to do... She even doesn’t dare go against her husband's decision. The anger of the son still on until the wedding. The marriage has happened besides the beach, the decoration looked very simple and attractive, what Heeyoung has decided as the term and condition. Even the bride doesn’t want to show herself until the wedding. As a groom, Donghyun really wants to see the bride's face because he doesn’t want to married with the ugly bride. He requested from the father to show the bride's face but CEO Kim ignored him as he had promised Heeyoung not to reveal anything until the wedding day. The wedding day finally comes where the groom is waiting for the bride near the altar, together with the priest and his groomsmen… In fifteen minutes waiting, the bride appeared with the veil covers her face. The bride's wedding dress is attracting the groom and the rest of their guests.

I cannot see the face behind the veil… I really want to see her face, thought Donghyun. The one that will be my wife.

The wedding runs smoothly as what CEO Kim wanted; he wants his only heir change into someone that once he wanted to be. Just after the matrimony, Donghyun put up her veil on her head. For the first time, Donghyun didn’t say anything. He is speechless. Heeyoung in sudden steps Donghyun's shoes harder once he wanted to kiss her. Donghyun almost screams loudly as Heeyoung steps harder like rock drop on his feet.

The wedding continues at night time where the bride and the groom meet their family, relatives, and guests. The parent's bride and groom were standing together with their own guests, talking with them; the bride and groom's friends comes and congratulates them as wishing them a good life after their wedding. On that night, which full of events, has been prepared by the groom’s family before the wedding feast. The wedding ends at 12 midnight and everyone returns to their own destination. Donghyun and his wife move to their own house once the wedding ceremony ends up.