Another Day

Will Tomorrow Come?

[click] [click]

"A few more please." [click]

"Beautiful!"  [click]

"Turn your head to the left, yes, like that, give me a smile." [click]

"That's perfect! A few more shots, Ms. Park." [click]

The photographer is busy snapping away shot after shot of Bo Young for next month's Harper Bazaar's magazine. She is modelling the new Dior line, showing off the rich autumn hued dress collections coming out this fall. She wore a smartly cut orange grosgrain coat dress. It has a fitted bodice and full cut skirt with a wide cinched belt emphasizing her tiny waist. Snowy white gloves set off the 3/4 sleeves with pearl buttons on the cuff adding a glamorous look to the whole ensemble. The collection recalls the fashion days of Audrey Hepburn, when classical sillouette reign supreme during the golden age of haute couture. The fashion suits Bo Young, who look very much chic and elegant.

Her stylists and makeup artist came to do her touch ups.

Her long silky brown hair is styled in a 50’s retro side swept fashion with soft loose curls falling over one shoulder. She looked the epitome of fashion. Mr. Chun, the photographer brought the tablet over to show her the stills. They have been shooting for over an hour already, moving from outdoors to indoors and getting ready to finish up. He wanted a few more shots of Bo Young in front of the green screen which would showcase a backdrop of an old hollywood movie set. 

“These are very good, Mr. Chun,” she exclaimed, looking at her stills. Her face almost had an outworldly luminous beauty. The photographer captured her dreamy, sophisticated demeanor which perfectly fit the theme of the glamorous 50’s. 

“Thank you, Bo Young-sshi. You’re a delight to work with. So photogenic.” He was extremely pleased. He had worked with Bo Young before and knew her reputation and work ethics. 

They completed the shot without further ado. Bo Young went to the other side of the set to conduct the interview portion. She changed to a more comfortable wraparound mauve print dress. The reporter is a young man named Kang Dae Sook. He looks obviously star struck as he started the interview with Bo Young. The tips of his ears are red and he stammered a few times when he asked several personal questions. Bo Young is quite aware of his crush, and is feeling sorry for the resulting awkwardness; it didn't help that her giggles during the Q & A only seem to make him more smitten as the interview progressed along. At 32, Bo Young could very easily pass for a young 20-something. Her skin is flawless and creamy, her petite figure though not voluptuous is curvy. Even now, she has never fully realized how attractive she is to the opposite , which adds more to her appeal. 

“Bo Young-sshi, your last drama was 8 months ago and has received rave reviews. Your chemistry with Ji Chang Wook is exceptional. You two have worked before, several years ago, on a music video. Any plans for another collaboration, maybe doing a season 2?” Dae Sook prompted.

“I’m very grateful to Chang Wook oppa for working very hard in the drama with me. It was a new experience doing sci-fi fantasy and he has been very supportive. He's a very good melodrama actor, but he truly is a comedian on the set. ” She laughed, adding, “I’m not sure about season 2, it will depend on whether he will have time now that he has a new baby on the way.”

“You have been very busy this year. Any plans for a fan meet? There was a rumor that if your drama reached a certain milestone rating that you would hold a fan meet,” said Dae Sook.

“Ah, that was actually Song Ah-Yeun," she said referring to the young actress who co-starred in the drama with her. "She is such a sweet girl. I'm sure she has a great future ahead of  her." 

"I'm sure your fans are eagerly awaiting your next projects. Please tell your fans what can we expect from you soon," Dae Sook said as the interview wraps up.

"Annyeong, kamsahamnida for all your love and support. I am busy revieweing next projects. I hope to have good news to share with you all soon. Take care and be healthy and happy." Bo Young then turned to bow sweetly to all the staff who worked today, even giving the reported her autograph as thanks.

She made rounds among the production staff, thanking and bowing to each for their help and hard work. She waved goodbye to her makeup artist and stylist and walked over to where Minki, her longtime manager, was standing. He has his phone over one ear and was talking intently. She could hear his side of the conversation, but paid it no mind.

"I'll double check. I think it is." He paused as he listened to whomever was on the line. "I see. Is that confirmed? You're sure about this?"

He spared a glance at Bo Young who stood leaning to the side, oblivious, her focus on her phone. "Thanks, I'll let you know. They had the contract faxed earlier. Alright, bye."

He turned to Bo Young and said, "Ready? I have the car parked just at the corner. How was the shoot?"

"It went well. Mr. Chun was really happy. I saw some of stills and they came out good. What was that about?" she asked, as they walked briskly to the car.

"Oh just some more info about the drama you're looking at." He said, as he manuevered the car into the flow of traffic. 

"They faxed the contract? Already? I thought they are still developing it." She was busy wiping off her excess makeup, failing to notice Minki didn't offer any more information.

They reached her place and he helped bring her satchel inside. Minki stood looking visibly unsure; he turned to leave, but hesitated by the doorway. Bo Young looked at him, eyebrow raised questioningly. 

"Bo Young-ie, I left you a copy of the contract on the table. Look it over." 

"Yes, I will. Does that mean they've casted? Were they able to sign Kim Hyun Joong?" she said reaching for the papers.

"What? Oh, no, no, not him... that was just rumors. You know how it goes." he shook his head. "But the offer was given and he accepted," he added, clearing his throat, "it's uh, Hyung Sik. They offered it to him and he accepted."

She looked up, eyes rounded, lips moving but no words coming out. She finally stammered a response. "I didn't know...He accepted? Does he know?"

Minki shrugged, "I spoke with the assistant producer. She said he knew and accepted the contract." He paused once more by the doorway, "You can still back out. You haven't signed anything, even though I know you've made your mind up already to do the drama."

Bo Young had sat down, looking at the papers on her hands, her thoughts running every which way.  She let go of the breath she didn't even realized she was holding. "I'm not backing out. I..we..." She stopped and began again, "We are adults, both professionals."  She looked at Minki and added, "It will be fine." 

He left her still sitting on the couch, looking at the contract on her hands, eyes staring but not really seeing, thoughts far away..."It will be fine."

.

.

.

.

Flashback:

 

"No, it's not fine!" She fumed in anger. Glaring at her CEO, she repeated. "I should have been consulted before you made this business arrangement." She stood up, her face flushed, hands clenched in fists. "This was not part of the plan. I agreed to stay with the agency but not to this!" 

"Be that as it may, it's done. I need you to sign. The agency will foreclose otherwise." Mr. Ceo said. He was sitting behind his ornate desk, fingers steepled, ignoring her distress. "It is unfortunate indeed, but my hands are tied. I had to do what I had to do."

"I would have gladly spoken to the bank, to anyone who could have assisted with this. But to use my name...you did not even consult me!" Her voice had risen again.

"Bo Young-ie," he stood and sat at the edge of his desk, voice condescending, ingratiating, "I had to act fast. Time was running out. It will be fine. You'll see."

He held his palms out in supplication, "It will be just like any regular contract you've had. Nothing more. Having your name will give us the bank cooperation we need that will help the agency out of the red. Think about the other actors we have; they can continue without worrying where to go. They're not as established as you and will have difficulty getting signed by bigger agencies." He went on to continue naming misfortunes that would await the rest of the staff as a consequence.

Bo Young knew the decision had been made for her. She is smart enough to realize she is being manipulated but contesting the outcome would only bring the spotlight on all the negative. She knew very well there are far reaching consequences to be considered, ones that will affect everybody associated with the agency. 

"I want a copy of that contract, regardless whether it is typical verbiage or not. My name is my bond and I will not hand over 3 years of my life constrained in such a blind fashion." She slammed the door on her way out.

.

.

.

He noticed immediately something was wrong. She was not behaving as cheerful as she normally does. They were almost through the series with just a handful of scenes left to shoot. He noticed a slight melancholy air about her as well, which he attributed to their drama ending soon. "My Bo Young-ie, is there something wrong?" he asked, sitting down on the bench next to her. They were on standby waiting to shoot their scenes.

She gave him a wan smile. "I'm just tired, thinking of the scenes. All these different things in my head. I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Please rest well then after today. Remember we have a dinner tomorrow night." He whispered, "maybe I can come over a little bit earlier?"

"Actually, yes, please come earlier. I needed to talk to you about something anyway, ok?" She said, touching his arm.

"Talk about what? Should I be worried?" concern tingeing his voice.

"Ani. Just come and I'll prepare something. I don't feel like going out anyway. I'll make your favorite kimchi soup."

"My Bo Young-ie, you don't have to go through the trouble. You're tired. I'll just bring food with me. We can have dinner at home, if that's what you want." He reached out to hold her hands, caressing them gently. He made a move as if to kiss her, forgetting where they are at the moment until the call out was heard from the speaker cone. He jolted in surprise, grinned at her blushing and helped her up from the bench. "Kajja, lets get this done."

Bo Young followed him into the set, holding onto his hands just as tightly in hers. 

.

Hyung Sik walked her to the house after driving her home. He had asked Minki earlier and the guy was more than happy to leave her to his care. Minki has his own girlfriend to attend to and didn't need further prompting. 

"I won't stay long," he said as he walked inside. He held onto her hands so she stopped short to look back at him. "I just wanted to say goodnight properly."

"What do you mea.." her words were swallowed as he brought her close for a kiss. Her arms reached for his shoulders, her hands caressing his nape; he tangled his fingers in her hair. She felt his hands moved down her waist to bring her closer, bodies flushed together in embrace. He kissed her with all the pent up passion he held in check all day. He moved to brace her on the wall, angling his lips to deepen the kiss. Her lips surrendered to him willingly, letting him in, matching his ardor as she kissed him back unrestrainedly. She felt his ragged breath as they broke for air. Even in the dark, she could see the hunger in his eyes and knew hers reflect the same.

Her fingers traced the contour of his ear, his jaw, his soft lips. Her eyes filled as she stared at him,  trying to keep her emotions at bay. I will be selfish. I will let myself be selfish and think the world is perfect and we can be together. I will allow myself this small happiness for now. And she pulled him back down to her, kissing him as if the world will end tomorrow, and the promise of a lifetime together is shrunk into this one fleeting moment to savor.

 

.