Frozen Hearts vs Fiery Kisses

Will Tomorrow Come?

 

They're on their 3rd retake, after Pd Lee asked them to stage their first passionate kiss to leave an impression with the audience. Their takes were awkward as they kept missing each other's cue: she had tripped on his toes, and he bumped foreheads with her. They were shooting the scene where Jung Hwa was supposed to have been frozen staring at her in his shirt clothes, then striding towards her, backing her to the wall for their kiss.  

"I can lift you up to sit on the counter instead, so we'll be more eye level," he couldn't quite stop himself from gulping after saying this to her.

"No, it will make it too forward," she said, "we are already having difficulty tempering our skinships scenes, we don't need to make it any more provocative at this time."

"What do you suggest, just keep the height difference and back you up to the wall?"

"I think it will work, my arms will be clinging around your shoulders anyway. Why don't you push me up from the wall and lift me with your arms around my waist...like, um, the way you've done before..." she stammered at that last bit. They were quiet as both remembered their past. He cleared his throat after a while.

"You're killing me, you know this, right?" He whispered as they continued to be on stand by. Before she could respond, he added, "You kept my shirts?" as he was truly stuck standing still when he had walked in seeing her wearing his old shirts from a long time ago. 

"I meant to return them to you; I guess I forgot," was all she said.

He sighed so loudly at that, muttering to himself.

"I will get it washed and returned to you tomorrow."

"I don't give a damn about the shirts."

"Then why are you so mad at me?"

"Because you're driving me crazy!" he whispered furiously.

"Ready on the set.... hana, dul, set....action!"

He backed her to the wall, his stride purposeful, his eyes intense and aflamed. She could feel the heat of it invading her space, making her heart flutter. And when he reached her, he claimed her lips in a kiss so passionate and so hungry, it was as if she were melting from the inside, turning her into a puddle of goo. He backed her until there was no more space to go, and as his arms circled her waist, he lifted her up using his body and strength alone while he braced her against the wall. Her arms clung around his shoulders, literally hanging onto him for her dear life, as they were both transported to a different time and place as it were, within the compass of their story. She had to finally let go of her tight hold, her voice tremulously calling his name, trying to bring themselves back to the reality of their scene, before they forget there were so many eyes watching. He kissed her gently, a sip, a taste, a tug of her lips to calm their shuddering breaths and slow the thrumming of their pulses. His gaze remained fiery, even as he said his lines so believable to her ears, "I will not take what you're not ready to give, Mi Yeung... but when you are ready..." and then fell to kissing her senseless once more.

.

She had to excuse herself after that scene; she was much affected by the moment that passed between them. And before he had let her go, just after Pd Lee yelled "Cut," he had ran a finger on her lips, as if trying to soothe the bruise brought on yet again by his kisses. And then he too stepped away to gather his bearings.

.

After she had composed herself and returned to the set, she saw Hyung Sik talking with the Pd earnestly. Pd had nodded and clasped Hyung Sik's shoulder reassuringly, before resuming his reviews of the takes. Pd Lee seemed satisfied with their scenes, he was busy jotting notes and looking through their various retakes. Hard to believe this one scene that should last all but several minutes on the screen took most of the morning's work.

Pd Lee approached her to get her solo scenes done. Since Hyung Sik will go on to do his separate scenes with Hae In, the men will move to the smaller studio down the hall with the assistant Pd to try and get their scenes completed.

Bo Young felt relieved doing some of her solo scenes, as it offered some respite from their heavy romantic shootings lately. After she got done, she didn't exactly loiter but she wasn't exactly scrambling to leave. She was curious about Hyung Sik's reaction to her birthday gift. He hasn't mentioned it and she had forgotten to ask earlier, as they had both gotten quite distracted. But she couldn't loiter much longer without attracting attention, so she shouldered her bag and left for her car. Maybe I'll text him or something, she thought, sparing a glance down the hallway towards the smaller studio.

.

She sat down, bottle of soju in hand, contemplating her phone. She was still debating whether to text him or not. The hell with it, she took a quick swig of drink and started texting.

Did you like the present? and sat waiting, tapping her fingers, antsy to see if he'd reply.

I do; I've never seen one like this before. It's really one of a kind like you.  Thank you ....[pause] Are you home already?

Yes. Just relaxing now. You?

I'm supposed to meet friends, but i'm not feeling up to it.

Are you not feeling well? Who are you meeting? I hope you didn't catch a cold.

No, just tired. Besides it's already late and we still have to work tomorrow.

I'm sure your friends will understand. Try and rest and get some sleep then...

I'm not sleepy...I want to see you.  

I'm having a bottle of soju myself before I go to bed. 

I might have one too. It's not a bad idea. He got up to grab a bottle from his fridge. I'm looking at you right now.

What? What do you mean?  

Your picture's on the soju bottle. You're still endorsing the brand aren't you? He sat looking at her image on the bottle. Her hair is long, her bangs still short. This was taken last year.

Yes, how did you know that?

You're hair is different. Your bangs have grown out now. You're so lovely.

Oh...you noticed. Yes, after my last drama last year, just before I dyed it with red highlights.

I like your red highlights now. It suits your skin tone. 

I know. I remember you do. Thanks.

[pause]

Maybe just drink one bottle, ok? she texted after a brief silence.

I can hold my alcohol much better now. Thanks to the army.

Really? Did you do much drinking? I wanted to visit you. She recalled how he used to get tipsy after the 2nd bottle. She could outdrink him in the past.

Not that much, but when the guys get together on breaks, we drank. I learned new things. I learned to forget other things.

It seems you have. [pause] I better let you rest then.  I miss you.  I'll see you tomorrow.

Good night, Bo Youngie. I miss you.  Thanks for my present. 

Jalja, uri Shikkie  Hyung Sikkie.

.

[massive exhales in tandem]

.

.

[Flashback]

 

"I don't think we should include this scene," she said to him. They were in her home in the kitchen together as she fixed them some hot cocoa. They were both studying the script.

"Hmm, which one?" He had grabbed her free hand and was busy running his lips on her fingers, her palms, her wrist. He constantly needed to touch her, as if he needed to anchor himself to her presence. Be it with his hands or his lips, he needed a contact of some sorts with her. It made Bo Young crazy when they're out in public, keeping him restrained. Fortunately, they're both homebodies and have been perfectly content spending time together in his or her place away from prying eyes.

"This part," she said, "it says after the piano kiss, you lifted me up to carry me to the bedroom."

"But that's the best part! I was looking forward to that."

"Don't be silly!" as she tapped him lovingly on the shoulder. "That's too provocative for our characters. We'll be doing a passionate kiss already."

"Really, I can kiss you that way?" he moved to face her and then backed her up the wall, his arms keeping her caged in between. 

"As if you needed further prompting," she chuckled. "Keep it discreet, Shikkie. Our shippers are too sharp and the bts camera is around constantly. We're having a hard time denying things as it is."

"So I'll just give you a proper kiss then, hmm?" he said, dropping a breath-stealing kiss, easily coaxing her to respond just as deeply. His arms stole around her waist, lifting her up against the wall, pinning her there using his arms and body alone. His lips trailed a scorching path down her jaw and neck, nuzzling, nipping her gently. He loves that area of her neck where she has two little beauty marks, within the hollow of her right clavicle.

"Shikkie, last time you left a mark..." her voice had gone soft; her arms wound tightly around his neck. She could feel him smile against her skin.

"Your sweater will cover it up, don't worry," he murmured, then added, "I won't mind if you leave a mark on me."

"We're supposed to be rehearsing..." her voice trailed away, as he became bolder in his affections, his lips and hands travelling everywhere, making her breath catch.

"We are rehearsing," and with one swift movement, he had lifted her up and carried her to her room. "I always enjoy rehearsing with you."

And he kissed her again, stopping her fits of giggles.​​

 

.

"I'm such a mess. I'm so sorry to keep everyone waiting." She was running late, having had trouble with her car the last minute and ended up being dropped off in her manager's car. She was rushing and panting by the time she reached the studio. 

"We're not ready yet, so go sit and relax for a bit." He stood to help her out of her winter coat and scarf and grabbed the nearest actor's chair for her to sit. "Here," handing her a cup of coffee. "I'll grab another one for myself." 

If she was taken aback, she did not let it show and just took a grateful sip of the hot java he handed her. To her eyes, he had walked off stiffy, still somewhat unused to publicly interacting with her, it seems. 

She had her prepping done. Not much was needed, since she has a natural faint rosy blush from rushing still on her cheeks. Her hair was slightly wind blown but it was fine for the scene they were to film. She had changed and now stood on stand by.

Pd Lee walked by to see if she's ready. And after another few minutes, filming finally started.

.

"I need you to know you are not just an escape from the life I knew." She raised her eyes, wide and luminous with unshed tears, "I don't want to be a debt you just needed to pay."

"You're no debt to me; you never were." Jung Hwa had closed the gap between them, cupping her face in his hands, letting her read the truth in his eyes. "You are my promise; a promise I'm willing to make many times over." He kissed her eyes, and as her tears fell, wiped her cheeks gently.

"Please come back to me...promise you'll come back to me..."

"I will always come back to you, Mi Yeung. You're my home...My heart is yours..."

Mi Yeung reached out to cup his face, staring at him as if memorizing his face, "I've always been yours." And she brought him down for a kiss, dropping all her qualms and uncertainties, finally letting him know how she feels about him.

Their kiss was just as passionate and intense, now laden with their desires for each other. Jung Hwa clasped her tightly, seemingly afraid to let her go, now that he knew for certain how his love is received and returned a hundred times over. And when she trailed her fingers to brush his lips, the camera was able to catch the tremble of her lips, the emotions behind their eyes as they shared a heart-stopping look and lung-stealing breaths before the scene faded to black.

.

"That was perfect!" Pd Lee said, as he looked at the playback on the monitor. Behind him, Hyung Sik touched her cheek to wipe the tear marks away, before catching himself mid-gesture. He handed Bo Young a tissue, eyes still on her, before he moved away, as her makeup artists descended around her to fix her makeup.

"Let's do another take with just the kiss part. I think I like it better the way you guys did it, without the added kisses on Mi Yeung's neck the way the script had it. We'll save it for the bedscene. Great adlibs, guys. Everybody get ready." Pd Lee went on to get the camera set up for the other different shots.

Hyung Sik just stood to the side and watched her; and she, heaven's help him, stared boldly right back.

 

 


 

 

 

 

I found Sandeul's song here appropriately capturing the emotions between them at this point. I hope you enjoy it too.

 

 

Come Back to Me Again

 

Are you trying to come back to me again?

Are you confused because you don’t know if I love you?

We can’t go back to the way we were.

But like the spring comes after the winter melts away,

You just have to come to me.

Think of our breakup as a long night

My heart still yearns for you like this.

So why are you being hesitant?

Don’t look back.

More than the days we spent apart,

there are days for us to spend together.

Are you trying to come back to me again?

You can come to me just the way you are.

Think of our breakup as a long night.

My heart still yearns for you like this.

So why are you being hesitant?

So why are you being hesitant?

Don’t look back.

More than the days we spent,

there are days..

SO why are you being hesitant?

Don’t look back.

More than the days we spent apart,

there are days for us to spend together

Are you trying to come back to me again?

you can come to me just the way you are.

 

 

credit to owner of respective medias