Five.

my love.

 

"You're the only real thing in this world
I love you and you know it
I appreciate you and I hope you know
I’m always trying to find ways to show it" 


 

Keeping her arms wrapped around him, she buries her face into the crook of his neck, hugging him close as if they haven’t seen each other in days. Years. She had to admit it practically felt like it, despite her antipathy of making things seem much more dramatic than it really was. How could she help it? Soonyoung was her lifeline. The anchor that keeps her steady and guides her through the turbulent waves that the world sends at them. If she were to ever let go ― oh, how she grimaces at  the thought of it ― she knows that she’ll be whisked away into a fathomless realm of darkness, unable to find her way back out without the light from her shining star. A world without Soonyoung, she concludes, would be absolutely incredulous.

 

Lifting her head up, Jisoo slowly trails her gaze up to meet his own. The surrounding roads and buildings begins to fade away, Soonyoung becoming the sole object of her view. At that moment, it was only him and her in the world, and she couldn’t choose to have it any better.

 

Her words gets caught on her tongue when he wraps his jacket around her, letting his familiar scent wash over her as the oversized sleeves drown her small frame. Pouting, she lifts the hood hanging over her eyes so she could be able to see him.

 

As much as it looks like we’re re-enacting a scene from some chick-flick movie right now,” she comments with a playful tint to her voice, raising her hands to cup his cheeks fondly, “I’ve been longing to see you for the whole day too, my love. Is this how some women feel, when their husbands would be away at work and they’re just waiting for them to come home?”

 

A hearty laugh bubbles out from her chest after she posed the question, letting her fingers trace over the surface of his cheeks. She notes that they’ve lost some of its trademark fluffiness ― most likely due to the overexerting diets and dance practices idols have to put themselves through whenever promotion eras roll around. And knowing Soonyoung, he would always be the one to put his all into each and every single comeback, spending more time in the practice room than any other members to create and master the choreography his group is known for.

 

Although Jisoo’s heart didn’t lie into dancing as much as his does ― she was always pinpointed as the weakest dancer of her own group ― watching him work so hard in doing the thing he loves fills her with a sense of admiration and pride. Never with any hesitations, she vows to be his biggest supporter, in not just his craft but with every other thing he does as well.

 

When all of their promotions ends,  Jisoo thinks to  herself, she’ll cook him a feast to celebrate all of the success they’ve achieved with their newest album. But for now, she looks up at him with a gentle smile, cheering him on through every little actions wouldn’t be so bad at all.

 

Wrinkling her nose playfully when his lips press against it, she can’t restrain the wide grin that breaks out on her lips as he proceeds to smother her with kisses all over, sending a rush of warmth coursing down along her veins. 

 

“Soonyoung-ah,” she manages to say through her giggles, before his lips captured hers.


“I love you.”