don't go home

A taste of what you've paid for

 

For the first time in my life I tasted death, and death tasted bitter, for death is birth, is fear and dread of some terrible renewal.

( Demian: The Story of Emir Sinclair's Youth )

 


 

 

"It's far too early for you to be lazying around, Woojin."

Donghyun's concerned, albeit a bit annoyed, but concerned nonetheless, voice takes Woojin out of his lethargy. 

"Mr. Kim is going to kill you if he catches you not listening to him."

 

Woojin smiles, obviously unfazed by the threat imposed with the mention of their current professor's name. 

"Don't worry, hyung. I'm listening to his boring speech. I'm just not concentrating on it at the moment."

 

Donghyun sighs, rolls his eyes at him, and looks back at the whiteboard in front of the classroom, hastily jutting down whatever words Mr. Kim is writing.

"Suit yourself, but make sure you'll pass this class."

 

"Yes, sir." 

Woojin answers back. He looks at the professor briefly, decides his lecture isn't worth his time, and looks down at the open student center situated below. Their classroom is on the third floor, so his favorite past time is observing the students from his seat near the window.

 

It's saturday which means there aren't a lot of students to actually observe, and Mr. Kim's class is his first and only class for the day so Woojin should be listening because his C- grade won't miraculously turn itself into an A, but for some reason, today isn't the day for education dammit.

 

While his mind wanders through the latest dance videos he watched on Youtube last night, his eye catches two figures walking side by side on the student center. He recognizes the taller one, he's his senior and dance team leader, Daniel, while the other is.. wait, is that Park Jihoon? The Park Jihoon?

 

Woojin focuses his attention on them both, eyes squinting a little. He's not a very sociable person, so he doesn't know a lot about Jihoon. All he knows is that basically everyone in the school worships him like he's some kind of an angel. Woojin understands them a little, since the guy really has the facial features carved by god himself, but beyond the face, Woojin couldn't care less.

 

However, it's the first time he saw Daniel with him. Well, he's not with the senior 24/7, so maybe they were friends before and Woojin just didn't notice?

Daniel, afterall, is a social butterfly.

 

The pair walked slowly. It appears as if they were having a rather serious discussion, as Woojin has not seen Daniel's trademark smile yet, which, believe him, is always on Daniel's face. His curiosity is definitely piqued, Mr. Kim and his lecture.

 

After a minute, Jihoon suddenly stops walking and reaches for Daniel's arm to signal him to also stop and face him.

 

Daniel seems surprised, Woojin notes. Then Jihoon placed one hand on Daniel's face and kisses him. 

 

"Oh my god, what?!" 

Woojin screams internally, eyes bulging and mouth opening slightly.

 

As he said, he is not a very sociable person, so he isn't really updated with gossips circulating their small school, but the last time he checked, Daniel is in a relationship with Seongwoo, so what is he doing out in the open, being kissed by the school fairy?

 

The kiss didn't last long, and Daniel's mortified face is what Woojin saw next. His senior looked as if a monster just stole a part of his soul. 

 

"Really, what's happening?"

Woojin says, unable to control his urge to question anything and everything because why?

 

He turns his head to look at Donghyun, who now has a questioning look on his face.

 

"What did you say?"

Donghyun asks, brows furrowing.

 

"What?" 

Woojin stupidly replies back.

 

"Anything interesting you want to share to the class?" 

 

Donghyun and Woojin look at each other before facing Mr. Kim.

 

"Uh, nothing, sir. Sorry." 

Woojin supplies, hoping that the bell rings already so he won't be in the presence of his professor anymore.

 

Mr. Kim looks at him for a moment before turning to Donghyun. 

"You're smart, but you have low taste in friends."

 

Donghyun just rolls his eyes again, while Woojin curses his professor in his mind.

 

When Mr. Kim proceeds to his lecture again, Woojin turns back to where Daniel and Jihoon were, but only Jihoon was there and holy is he staring right at him?!

 

 

Jihoon is indeed staring at him, Woojin's sure. Then, Jihoon gets his phone out and fumbles with it for a short while.

 

Woojin feels his phone vibrate. And although it is a universally known fact not to check your phone during class hours, Woojin knows he broke too many rules that day to even care. 

 

He checks his phone and sees a message from Daniel. Woojin feels his blood run cold.

 

"He knows, don't go home."

 

maybe he should've listened to Mr. Kim's lecture.