Why waste so much?!

Fate: It's brought you and me together.

Xander's POV: 

I reached my hand into my pocket and grinned. I'm lucky to have a mother who is so willing to give me money for 'emergency situations'. Five...ten...fifteen...twenty. Wow! Twenty multiplied by fifty was...$1000! I couldn't help thinking that perhaps my mother was too kind. I looked back at Kevin who was hanging around at the end of the group. Was he alright? Perhaps the bet was a bit too much...even though I thought he would be totally fine. I hung back, letting the others go first. 

"Kevin? Hey, you alright?" I asked him. 

He looked up at me, and I was surprised at the expression on his face. Perhaps he had thought it through too much... "Yeah! Why not? Just thinking of what could happen tomorrow - but I'm excited!" 

I grinned widely, slapping him on the shoulder playfully. "Great, Kevina!" I saw him flinch slightly at the name, but pretended not to notice. He doesn't like being called Kevina. I filed that piece of info away quickly. I gripped his wrist and pulled him up to the front of the group. "We're choosing clothes for you, Kevin!! The least you can do is stay at the front!" 

Kevin smiled at me, and I looked quickly away. What was this feeling inside of me...? Instead, I nudged Kibum, who seemed to be spazzing over something completely normal, and decided to start a conversation with him, leaving Kevin to chat with the others. Avoiding problems wasn't the best solution...but...ugh whatever!!! I was doing too much thinking! A colourful store displaying clothes for women caught my eye, and I ushered the rest of the group in. The assisstants looked at us weirdly. They probably thought that we were going to shop lift or something, but we ignored the looks. A pesky-looking assisstant with crossed arms walked over to us.

"Do you need any help with anything, gentlemen?" She asked.

Kevin stuck his head up from Kiseop's shoulder. "No thanks. We're fine!" He chirped up, smiling at her sweetly. Ahhh, of course!! No one could resist his smile! The assisstant looked really flustered as she walked away from us, while the other assisstants whispered and giggled something amongst themselves. 

"Maybe coming here in such a big group wasn't such a good idea..." Kibum said. He looked really uncomfortable. 

"What? We want to join in on the fun too!" AJ said, punching his arm lightly. 

Kibum shrugged and didn't say anything else. Personally, I had never been in a women's clothes store before, and everything was so interesting and colourful! I dragged the others around, choosing clothes that we agreed would suit Kevin the best. 

 

Kiseop's POV: 

I sighed, flipping awkwardly through the dresses. This was something I had never done before. It was almost like choosing clothes for a girlfriend! Except...it was dear Kevin. But what could I say? This was a group effort, and I gotta contribute. A nice pale purple dress caught my eyes, and naturally, I flipped the tag over to read the price. What I saw almost gave me a heart attack as I turned to stare at Xander and the rest piling clothes into the basket.

Crap, I just realised. Who the hell is gonna pay for all of this!? This isn't a normal, cheap store. Xander had chosen a freakin' fashion stores with top brands! We're going to such lengths to transform Kevin into a girl...? What are they thinking? 

"Hey Xander-hyung?" I called, running over. 

"Yeah? What is it?" Xander looked at me, grinning as he tried on a pair of overly-girly sunglasses. I sighed. Sometimes, even though he was older, he still acted like a kid. 

"This is really pretty, but it's expensive as! How are we gonna pay for all this?" I held the dress out for Xander to see, and he grabbed it from me and popped it into the basket. 
 

"Don't worry about it, Kiseop! I've got it covered." Xander stated, matter-of-factly, and that's when I noticed the bulge in his pockets. If I wasn't mistaken, that would be a very thick pile of money. I tilted my head, a smile beginning to form on my lips. Xander had come prepared. He had known all along that he was going to win the bet. 

 

Kevin's POV:

"Hey, hyungs!!! It's really enough! I can only wear one outfit tomorrow, you know?" This was getting out of hand. Xander, Kibum, Hoon, AJ, Kiseop...they had filled three baskets to the brim - of all GIRLY STUFF!!! 

"No, you'll be wearing five." Hoon told me.

"FIVE?!" My eyes bulged as I imagined myself wearing five of those unfamiliar clothes. Wahhh...I'm gonna die. "Why five?!"

"One on the way to the festival. Three for the three events. And one on the way back!" Kibum ticked the numbers off on his fingers as Xander nodded enthusiastically beside him. 

"Hey, but at least you don't have to change your hairstyle that much!" AJ said, but a mysterious smile formed on his lips. 

"My...my hairstyle? Don't tell me..." Oh no! I hated the hairdressers! My hyungs...they are gonna make me go there and get a proper wig, aren't they?

"Kibum will go with you first thing tomorrow morning to get your hair done! Just before the festival." Xander said, pulling at Kibum, who nodded. It seemed like everything was planned already.

"Tomorrow...before the festival? That's going to be like...6am!" I pouted, making puppy-eyes up at him, but he looked away quickly. GAH, this trick doesn't work so easily on them anymore...

Xander sighed. I was being stubborn about this, and he didn't particularly like it, but couldn't bring himself to not explain it to me. "Kevin, your sleeping habits, they include-"

NO WAYYY!!! He was gonna list the embarrassing things I do when I sleep. I knew I shouldn't have gone to that sleep-over he invited me to last week. The memory was still too fresh. 

I held my hands over his mouth. "Okay, okay!!! Fine. I get it!" He pushed my hands away, laughing. 

"I wanted to tell some at least, though!!" 

I shook my head quickly, crossing my arms over my chest. "You promised, hyung! It's a secret!" 

"Okay, Kevin. Okay!" Xander let it go, giving up. The relief that flooded into me made me jump forward and hug him. He stiffened momentarily, before patting my shoulder awkwardly. 

"What? What sleeping habits?" Kiseop asked, curiosity showing clear on his face.

"Tell us!" 

Xander just shook his head. "Nope. A promise is a promise!" 

The others grumbled, but hyung and I just smiled. 

 

Sales-woman's POV:

"So, that would be $998." I told the cocky looking one at the front. Ha! There is NO WAY that he can pay up. Now...for the humiliation to begin...I lifted the heavy bags and plonked them back onto the counter, and held my hand out.

"Fine. There!" The guy reached into his pocket, pulling out a pile of notes, slamming them onto the counter with a smirk. "Keep the change, lady." 

He turned, not sparing me one look, and left, leaving the others to grab the bags and hurry after him. He slung an arm around the angelic looking one, whilst talking to the others energetically. I envied at how close they were.

My eyes bulged as I counted through the money. Why did a KID have that much money?! It took me three months just to save up about half that much!! I glared after them, and their fading laughter rang in my ears. 

 

AJ's POV:

I was the last person to leave the store, and I couldn't help feeling guitily happy at the sales-woman's expressions. How dare she look down on us?? She doesn't even know who half of us are! I laughed when Hoon stuck his tongue out at me, and jerked his head back, chuckling. I could tell he was thinking the same thing. 

We are all connected in some way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey lovely readers! ^.^

Yeah, I know. Bit of a weird ending, but I didn't know how to end it! :O 

Next chapter is probably going to be about the festival!!!! I'm looking forward to writing it. :)

ANYWAYYYSSSS, how did you guys find it??? Pleassseeee comment on how you found it!!! Oh, and Subscribe if you like!!!!

It makes me extra happy to know that there are people out there reading my writing!!! So let me know that you're there!!!! :D

OKAYYYY. THanks for reading and hope you continue to enjoy this ficccc!  ^O^

(BTW, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEARRR EVERYONE!!! I've made it my goal to update on all my fics. Let's see if I can achieve it! :D )