#FirstDayScares

Things that crawl at night

First Day Scares
Yixing - centric 
D-12

The owls were what woke Yixing up. He was comfortable, all curled up in his bed of soft leaves and flowers. Next thing he knew, the fat birds were hooting right outside his window. Yixing flinched as the door to his room creaked open. A smiling nymph peeked her head in, her eyes framed by tender wrinkles as she greeted Yixing, "Good morning Petal! Do you want breakfast?"

Yixing sat up, his fluffy brown hair falling over his eyes, "No thanks grandma," He turned to the clock hanging on his wall, "I think I'm running late."

His grandma nodded, "Okay Petal, I'll leave your lunch on the counter."

Yixing smiled, swinging his legs off his bed and standing up, "Thanks Grandma you're the best."

Saying that Yixing was excited was an understatement. He loved summer and spending time with his friends under the gentle moonlight of the months but he was bored and ready to go back to school. He spent the majority of his break with his boyfriend of 2 years (or was it three?)

Yixing searched through his closet (which was filled with colors ranging from white to black but they had to be pastel. It was his thing.).
He finally found a sweater he liked and slipped it on. He opened another drawer and rummaged through it, trying to find a flower crown that matched his outfit.

Yixing was a nymph. Nymphs could not survive out of their element longer than an hour or so. Yixing and his Grandmother were nymphs of the same great Redwood tree. Every room in the house was stacking on top of each other inside the trunk of the tree. Yixing liked his home, it was cozy. But for him to leave and go to school safely, his grandma came up with the idea of him taking parts of the tree with him. So he created multiple flower crowns, made from the branches, leaves and flowers of his tree.

But he could never leave home without it, but Yixing didn't mind, they were cute.

Yixing quickly fixed his hair and placed a nice, sky blue themed flower crown on his head (to match his sky blue sweater of course) and peeked out the window.

Sure enough, a male was standing in the front yard of their tree, decked in fancy clothes. Yixing tapped on the window, causing the male to look up. Junmyeon, fairy and boyfriend of three (or was it two) years, smiled and made a giant heart with his arms once he caught sight of Yixing. The nymph rolled his eyes but made tiny finger hearts back before grabbing his backpack and running downstairs.

He grabbed an apple that was sitting on the counter and ran out the front door, ignoring his grandmother's call ("Petal don't you want to eat?!!")

Junmyeon was standing with two arms wide open and Yixing ran right into them.

"Good evening! Are you excited?" Junmyeon asked after giving Yixing his greeting kiss. Yixing nodded his head and took Junmyeon's hand into his own. The nymph interlocked their fingers tightly as they started making their way down the street and to their high school.

"So, turns out our teacher this year is a witch named Amber."

Yixing turned to Junmyeon, "Amber? Is she foreign?"

The fairy shrugged his shoulders, "I'm not sure...all my father told me was a name."

Yixing nodded his head, "Okay but what happened to Mr. Wo?"

Junmyeon snickered, "After the whole Sehun and his tornado in the classroom incident, Jongdae placing a paint bomb in his desk, Jongin slobbering on the final exams and Chanyeol forgetting that he kept a spare arm in the desk drawer....he quit."

Yixing's eyes widened, "Oh whoops."

Junmyeon laughed, "Whoops indeed. My father could barely find a new teacher willing to replace him."

Junmyeon's father was the headmaster of NMH, his wife, also known as Junmyeon's mom was the vice-principal. With that, along with their friends' parents who were also very influential, the Exo Cohort got away with a lot.

Which includes driving teachers crazy to the point in which they quit.

Yixing and Junmyeon continued their journey to the high school, where they would start the year as seniors. As they turned the corner, still chatting about the new flowers Grandma Zhang planted in her garden, a little demon snuck up behind them.

He grabbed Junmyeon by the back of his throat and growled loudly, "BOO!"

Junmyeon screamed and by reflex, he morphed into his fairy form. Which was a five inch tall Junmyeon with wings. The said fairy hovered in the air, glaring at the demon who had just scared him into shrinking.

"SCREW YOU LUHAN I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

The little fairy yelled, except it would've been more threatening if his voice wasn't so high pitched and fairy-like. Luhan doubled over in laughter, his dangling earrings swinging as his head bobbed up and down with uncontrollable laughter.

"Y-You should've have seen your face!" Luhan chuckled, slowly catching his breath, "One second you were normal and then POOF, you're a little fairy." Luhan laughed harder at the memory of Junmyeon's startled face.

Even Yixing couldn't help himself. Junmyeon glared at the nymph as he let out a series of giggles. Junmyeon focused and turned back into a normal (slightly shorter) sized human.

"Luhan, I am seriously going to kill you."

The demon smiled, his red eyes glistening with playfulness, "Come on grandpa!" He said cheerfully as he swung one arm around Junmyeon and another arm around Yixing, "Let's go inside before we're late."

As soon as Yixing stepped into the classroom, he hit the floor. A huge red ball was flying towards his face and in reflex, Yixing just dropped to the ground. Unfortunately Junmyeon was not quick enough. He could barely let out a shout before a rubber ball smacked him dead on the face. Yixing gasped and quickly scurried over to check on the fallen male. He flinched as a large, white furred wolf bounded over them into the hallway, chasing the red ball.

A lean male laughed as his wings folded around his body, "Yea you go jongin! Get that ball!"

Junmyeon groaned as he slowly sat up, holding his bright red nose ("like Rudolph!" "God damn it Luhan!" )

"Sehun! How many times do I have to tell you? No playing fetch inside the school buildings. You could bre-"

Junmyeon was cut off by Jongin leaping back into the classroom, still in wolf form. He tried to stop in front of his boyfriend but his paws slid on the slippery floor. Jongin whined, his mouth still clamped onto that stupid red ball as he slid into the bookcase. Yixing winced as the wolf's body knocked over the large piece of furniture. Jongin whined again as he sat in the large pile of books on the floor, his horse-sized wolf body was covered with books and torn pages.

Junmyeon frowned, "Bad boy! Shift now."

Jongin tried to hide his face with his giant paw but finally spit the red ball and morphed back into human. The platinum haired boy stood in the middle of the mess, smiling sheepishly, "Hey hyung."

Yixing turned when he heard a loud yell. Chanyeol was sitting on the ground, his smaller friend, Baekhyun the banshee was in his lap.

Chanyeol's dad was a descendent of Frankenstein (it's a long story, don't ask). And Chanyeol was brought to life, just like Frankenstein's monster. (That's an even longer story) But his dad wasn't so good as his famous ancestor. Which meant that occasionally, Chanyeol had a tendency of loosing a limb or two....literally.

Yixing still remembered how last year, Chanyeol was so excited to answer a question that he swung his arm widely in the air. The poor monster's arm popped right off and crashed through the window and fell a couple stories. It had taken Jongin almost an hour to sniff it out. Baekhyun was concentrated on stitching Chanyeol's arm back to his shoulder.

Yixing was about to approach them when he heard a loud shout.

"HorTON HEARS A LIAR."

The nymph whirled around to see Jongdae pointing a finger at Kyungsoo, a red haired siren. The two must've been arguing about something, they always were. Once Yixing got closer, he heard what they were arguing about.

"You don't put ing salsa in the refrigerator you uncultured swine!" Kyungsoo said aggressively.

Jongdae gasped, placing a hand on his chest dramatically, "How the hell am I supposed to eat my salsa then?"

"At ING ROOM TEMPERATURE."

Yixing decided to leave them alone and go to his favorite cat shapeshifter.

"Taozi!!" The nymph cooed as he got closer to the jaguar. The tall male was in his animal form, lying on the ground while playing with his boyfriend's cape. Jaguar- Tao purred loudly and batted at the cape swinging above him. Yifan hissed, showing off his sharp vampire teeth as he pulled the expensive cloth away from the sharp claws of the feline.

"Yifan, I don't understand why you wear capes, that's so 14th century." Yixing piped up while reaching down to scratch Tao behind his little cat ears.

The vampire gasped and brought the cape up to his cheek dramatically, "Capes are something called high fashion Yixing and how many times do I have to tell you?! I go by Kris!"

Yixing raised an eyebrow, "People have been calling you Yifan for the past two centuries, I don't think they're going to start calling you Kris anytime soon."

Yifan sighed, "Fine, but can you at least tell Tao to stop playing with my cape. It's limited edition from Gucci, I got it specially made from the vampire collection."

Yixing snorted, "Alright, whatever you say."

But before Yixing could say anything else, a woman walked into the room. She wore ripped jeans and a baggy sweatshirt that said 'Witches are friends, not kindle'.

Her sleeves were rolled up, showcasing two arms full of tattoos. But as Yixing focused on them, he noticed that they were...moving. The woman, most likely their new teacher brought her fingers to her lips and let out a shrill whistle. All the monsters in the room froze in the position they were in and looked at the new stranger.

"Hello everyone, I'm your new teacher, Amber. Now please take a seat before I turn you all into banana slugs."

The twelve never sat down quicker in their lives.

Amber clapped her hands together happily, "Great! Okay, a little about me. I'm a witch, as you guys could tell by my bewitched tattoos."

Yixing giggled as a stick figure tattoo waved a hand at the class.

Amber grinned, "As long as you guys listen to when I'm teaching, I think we won't have a problem with each other."

The twelve monsters nodded. They liked Amber better than Mr. Wo already. Yixing couldn't help but have the feeling that this year was going to be crazy, as he watched Chanyeol accidentally fling his hand across the room and Jongin bounding up the fetch it.

Amber slammed a textbook on her desk, "Alright class, today's topic will be on why my wife left me....just kidding turn to page 224 in your Council History books."




 

Yixing pouted as he munched on a baby carrot. His boyfriend was currently showing around a couple new students and wasn't able to join him for lunch. Of course he wasn't alone, the rest of the Exo Cohort was there. But Yixing just wanted Junmyeon. 

"Oh god you look like an angry marshmallow." Yifan snorted, sipping blood (AB positive, it was his favorite) out of a large glass through a bendy straw, "What's wrong Xing?"

Yixing bit into another carrot angrily, "I want Junmyeon, and that girl is all over him." He said, motioning over to Junmyeon who had just walked into the cafeteria. A glittery gold girl was hanging off his arm. Ugh, Yixing hated gem nymphs, especially golden ones. They were so full of themselves.

"Ahhhh look at me I'm all sparkly and " Yixing said with a nasally voice, "I'm so pretty and hehehehe im so d e l i c a t e."

He switched back to his normal voice, "You know what Nancy the gem nymph? You could shove a gold bar up your a-"

Yifan's eyes widened as he jabbed at Yixing's side. The nymph quickly stopped mid sentence and smiled sickeningly sweet at the approaching Junmyeon and the gem nymph he was escorting.

"Hi Love! I was just showing Nancy the cafeteria." Junmyeon beamed as he quickly sat next to Yixing (who was still angrily eating his baby carrots). The fairy faltered when he saw a large carrot in a plastic bag along with baby carrots, "Hey uh...babe? Why is there a large carrot with the baby carrots?"

Yixing blinked, "The baby carrots need adult supervision...duh."

Yifan choked on his blood.
 



 

Yixing sat scribbling on his notebook. He sniffed as he added the last touches ("a just a bit of glitter here") to his unicorn doodle. He was currently situated in the library, waiting for his stupid fairy boyfriend to finish showing Nancy the stupid gem nymph the stupid library.

Can you tell Yixing was mad? 
Oh he was fuming.

He was supposed to be the only nymph in this school. He was Junmyeon's special snowflake...you know, one of a kind.

Yixing was also great at sharing. He loved sharing his cute pencils that had unicorns on them and he loved sharing baked goodies that his grandmother sends him to school with but no way in hell, no way in any world will Yixing be willing to share Junmyeon.

No sir. Junmyeon was his. And Junmyeon was about to not be his anymore if he doesn't get his cute fairy to Yixing in another thirty seconds. After what seemed like centuries, the nymph finally heard his Junmyeon's voice, "And that's the entire school....although I don't understand why I had to show you twice. Do all nymphs have bad memories? I mean Yixing is pretty forgetful."

Yixing gasped, how dare he! Yixing was not forgetful....or was he? He couldn't remember.

The gem nymph giggled, the sound was like nails on a chalkboard, "No! I just wanted to spend time with you."

Oh that little snake!  Yixing stood up, that little nymph better be ready to catch these hands.

Junmyeon laughed nervously, "Oh...okay."

Yixing was yelling at him in his mind, "No what are you doing you idiot?! Tell her you're taken you stupid tiny fairy!"

Yixing peeked around the corner to see the gem nymph scoot closer to Junmyeon, placing a glittery gold hand on his bicep, "Would you like to go grab some honey nectar? I know a really good place that's fairy and nymph friendly!"

OH HELL NO-

Before Yixing could interfere, Junmyeon shook his head, "Sorry, I should really get to my boyfriend. I blew him off today so I can show you around but I'm starting to regret that."

Yixing smiled proudly, not caring if he looked insane. That's my boo.

Yixing finally decided to make himself known and walked to Junmyeon, who lit up like Jongin when he gets a bone, "Xingie!"

Yixing smiled sickeningly sweet at the nymph and walked into Junmyeon's open arms, "Hi Myeonnie." He cooed, nuzzling his nose against his boyfriend's neck. (Psh he was totally not rubbing in the fact that Junmyeon was his.)

The nymph looked slightly uncomfortable, "IgottagoBYE." She said before racing away. Yixing couldn't help smile and mentally pat his back as a job well done.

"Oh thank god." Junmyeon said, releasing a long breath of air, "I thought she would never leave me alone."

Yixing frowned, "Wait, you knew she was hitting on you this whole time?"

"....maybe..."

"God damn it Myeon why didn't you say anything?" Yixing growled (well it sounded like a cute kitten's mewl but he likes to think he growled). Junmyeon stuffed his hands in his front pockets, allowing Yixing to loop his arm through Junmyeon's, "I didn't want to be rude."

Yixing angrily chewed at his bottom lip. His boyfriend was too nice.

"I hope I don't see her again. She's in some first year cohort." Junmyeon said, rubbing his nose.

Yixing slowly smiled, as an idea (which was way too evil for a nymph) formulated in his head.

 



 

Junmyeon walked into the cafeteria the next day, frowning as he sat next to Yixing, who was passionately discussing the involvement of unicorns in wars (listen, who do you think leapt into battle in all their glittery gloriousness to save people).

Yixing pecked Junmyeon's cheek before going back to his conversation with Baekhyun. Junmyeon stayed quiet for a while before speaking up, "Hey, have you guys seen Nancy the gold nymph? I haven't seen her all week."

Yixing stuffed his mouth with more baby carrots and Yifan choked on his blood again.

"GOD DAMN IT YIXING."