#SurvivingGym

Things that crawl at night

Surviving Gym
Chanyeol - centric 
D-10

Chanyeol was a bumbling idiot. He trips up stairs, he falls down escalators, he runs into walls and bangs into tables. He would become too excited and fling a body part across the room (like the time where he accidentally smacked his teacher in the face with a flying hand). Chanyeol didn't mind being an undead monster. He took pride to be the same thing as Frankenstein's monster.

Now that was a famous monster.

His father was the one who created him and brought him to life 17 years ago. And every year, he would reattach longer limbs until he seemed Chanyeol "adult size" which was above 6 foot (unfortunately for everyone else).

But his father was not as good as a stitcher as Frankenstein, and because of that, flying body parts. Chanyeol didn't mind at all though. He had an entire cohort who loved him for who he was. And his lovely Baekhyun was more than happy to stitch him back together.

But there was one thing Chanyeol hated most in the world. 
And that was gym with Coach Minho.

"PARK YOU LAZY . MY GRANDMA CAN RUN FASTER THAN YOU AND SHE'S DEAD."

FFFWWWWT. Whistle in the ear.

"PARK YOU ER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE READY TO CATCH THE BALL, NOT PICKING FLOWERS. 10 LAPS."

Oh it was bad.

It was to the point where Coach Minho sat Chanyeol down in front of him and tried to approach the male in a different light. "Chanyeol....if you can make a sports team. Any sports team, you can stop coming to gym class."

Chanyeol's eyes were wide, his big mouth spreading into a creepy smile, "Really?!"

"Yea, now stop smiling FFWWTT ." Another whistle in the ear. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol groaned as he sat in class, his head banging against the table. Baekhyun turned his head, looking up from his worksheet, "Yeollie?"

Chanyeol groaned again. Baekhyun placed his pencil down and turned completely to his best monster friend, "Yeollie talk to me."

"It's Coach."

The brown haired siren frowned, "Do I have to do the banshee scream in his ear again?"

Chanyeol shook his head, giggling a bit, "No, he said I could skip gym."

Baekhyun gasped, grasping Chanyeol's hand, "That's fantastic Chanyeol!" He was so excited that he didn't even flinch when Chanyeol's hand came loose from his arm. Baekhyun just reached into his backpack for a sewing kit.

"Yea but....I have to join a sports team." Chanyeol mumbled, watching Baekhyun sew his hand back to his arm. From behind then, Sehun snorted, "You're doomed Hyung."

"Shut up brat!" Luhan scolded, smacking the thunderbird on the back of his head, "Chanyeol just needs some help." His red eyes glinted with mischief, causing Chanyeol to wonder if it was really worth getting the demon's assistance. 
 


 

"Alright! I'll throw the ball, and you just have to catch it." Sehun yelled from the other side of the field. He was holding a football in one hand, while the other was rested on his hip. The rest of their cohort were sitting on the bleachers, taking bets. (shh, don't tell Chanyeol.) Although Jongin was standing at the edge of the field, too engrossed by his football-uniform clad boyfriend to take a part of the betting.

Chanyeol nodded and raised his arms, readying himself for the ball. Sehun threw the ball (making Jongin drool over the flexed muscles) letting it fly through the air with a perfect spiral. Chanyeol didn't move, the ball came right to him.

And he caught it!

Actually it smacked him in the face and then fell into his hands but details, details. The whole cohort cheered, waving their Chanyeol posters wildly. Sehun clapped his hands, his wings stretched out behind him, "Good job Chan! Now throw it back!"

Chanyeol would like to think he threw it back just as perfectly to Sehun. 
But unfortunately not.

"It was a good spiral!" Sehun later tried to cheer him up.

What had had happened was, just before the ball left his fingers, Chanyeol tripped over his own foot. He fell, on his way down he ended up throwing the ball. In the completely wrong direction. The entire cohort watched with wide eyes and open mouths as the football flew across the field. Looking back at it, it went an incredible distance. But unfortunately the ball headed towards the football team who were currently stretching and getting ready for practice.

"HyuNG LOOK OU-" Sehun tried to warn his quarterback in time but the attempt was futile. The whole exo cohort along with everyone else near the field made a simultaneous 'ooo' sound as the football made contact with the back of the quarterback's head, causing him to pass out on the spot.

Coach Minho looked murderous. The satyr started running after Chanyeol, blowing his whistle, "paRK CHANYEOL I'M GONNA KILL YOU."

 

 

Luhan coughed nervously as he stood in front of the goal, "Alright Yeol, just kick the ball into the goal." The demon shifted restlessly from one foot to the other as Chanyeol backed up a bit. Baekhyun watched from the sidelines, holding a first aid kit tightly in his hands. Luhan's angel girlfriend had her phone open to dial 911 in case of an emergency.

Chanyeol stopped when he deemed the distance was good and started to run. Luhan, being the star player of the soccer team, screamed and ducked. Chanyeol slipped on the grass and managed to kick the ball directly towards Baekhyun.

The banshee screamed (causing everyone in a twenty foot radius to wince in pain) and dropped to the ground. Chanyeol scratched his head, sheepishly laughing, "Heh, sorry Baekkie."

Luhan cleared his throat and stood up, "Maybe we should try a little three versus three game."





 

As Yixing stood in the field, he was scared for his life. And he was on Chanyeol's team. Tao stood a few paces back, guarding the goal. Chanyeol stood in the middle, ready to kick the ball. Luhan stood a couple feet away, as defense while Jongin guarded the opposite goal. Sehun stood in the field, looking as he was going to make a run for the school building.

The others, like Jongdae and Xiumin were standing on the edge of the field, cheering on their friends.

It was in vain.  Because every time Park Chanyeol kicked the damn ball, it ended up flying past Tao into their own goal.

Eventually the shape shifter gave up after the fourth goal Chanyeol managed to score on him, "I'm done! I'm out! Yifan, time to go." The cat said sassily as he sashayed off the field, his tail waving in the air angrily.

Luhan sighed and patted Chanyeol's shoulder, "Maybe something else buddy."
 



 

Baekhyun knew that when Chanyeol was upset, he could usually find him hiding in the back of the arcade at the local town bowling alley. This time, the Franken-Yeol was sitting sadly in front of a basketball simulation game. He threw the balls slowly towards the hoop but they always bounced off the rim.

"Channie?"

Chanyeol turned to see Baekhyun standing by the entrance of the small arcade. The tall male got up and walked towards his best friend, "Yea?"

"Are you okay? I just stopped by to check on you." Baekhyun said tenderly. The banshee patted Chanyeol's arm, rubbing it comfortingly. 
Chanyeol shrugged, "I'm fine. I guess I'm just mad at myself for being bad at literally everything."

Baekhyun frowned, "You're not bad at everything, you make me laugh a lot."

"Being funny isn't a sport Baekkie."

The banshee sighed, lifting his hand off his friend's shoulder, "Alright, how about this? We play a game or two of bowling, since we're already here and I can have my friend, Heechul give you a crash course on Volleyball?"

Chanyeol looked down at the said banshee, his eyes twinkling with excitement, "Really? You would do that for me?"

Baekhyun laughed, taking Chanyeol's arm and leading him to the front desk, "Of course Channie! But you're paying."
 


 

Baekhyun could not believe his eyes ("if ten million fireflies" "god damn it Chanyeol") as he watched the skull bowling ball roll down the lane with incredible speed. The ball slammed into the coffin shaped bowling pins, causing Chanyeol to get his fifth strike in a row.

"OH MY GOD!" Baekhyun screamed, jumping up and down as Chanyeol's score appeared on the board, 202.

"ChaNYEOL! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?"

"Uh...I'm good at knocking things down?"

"No you idiot!! There's a school bowling team! You can totally make it!"

Chanyeol's face lit up. He grabbed Baekhyun's hand and made a run back to the school. The perks of having Byun Baekhyun as your best friend. 


 

 

 

Chanyeol plopped down in front of Coach Minho the next day. The grumpy monster flinched as Chanyeol slammed a jacket on the table between them. He picked it up, reading the words on the front.

NMH VARSITY BOWLING TEAM.  

Coach Minho flipped the jacket.

PARK 
61

The coach let out a low whistle, "Well I'll be damned."

Chanyeol could only smile proudly, his hands on his hips as Baekhyun shot him a thumbs up from behind the corner. The bumbling Park Chanyeol finally made it on a sports team.