i wanna come home to you

i wanna come home to you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol looks away from his computer as his phone buzzes with a text. He turns back to his computer. He has to finish this report before he can even think about going home. He sighs, scrubs at his face, and tries to focus again. Of all days, he had to have meetings all day and a report due…….

His phone buzzes again. And again. Three more times.

Seungcheol thinks either someone is dying, or Soonyoung’s favourite group released a new song. Or Mingyu found a puppy and it is of Vital Importance that Seungcheol see seven different angles of its cute face.

He decides to quickly check in case it really is someone dying.

Nope, it’s Soonyoung, but wait…..

HYUNG

PLEASE TELL ME YOU’VE SEEN THE VIDEO

HYUNG

ANSWER ME

CHOI SEUNGCHEOL ANSWER YOUR PHONE

Seungcheol sighs. Types back a simple what and then goes back to his report.

Not even a second later, his phone buzzes, this time a call.

“Soonyoung, I’m busy.”

“And your boyfriend just did a live cover on his personal channel. I’m assuming you haven’t seen it, or you wouldn’t be this calm.”

Seungcheol raises an eyebrow. Jhoon did a live video? That’s definitely newsworthy, since Jihoon hates videos. But still, he’s got a report to do.

“I can literally ask him when I get home later? If I get home tonight. You’re kind of making it worse, this report is - ”

“Less important than your boyfriend on your anniversary,” Soonyoung mutters. He sighs and Seungcheol imagines the eyeroll. He wonders how Soonyoung remembered it was their anniversary.

“If you have any consideration for my sanity, please check out Jihoon’s video. It’s five minutes. You can spare five minutes, right?”

Seungcheol really wants to say no. He wants to say he just needs to focus for a little and then he can get this report done and actually go home, to the real Jihoon, instead of him in whatever video he’s uploaded.

Soonyoung must sense his hesitation.

“For the love of everything good in this world, watch the video, hyung!” Soonyoung barks and then hangs up. Seungcheol stares at his phone that is now fading to black.

For Soonyoung to snap at him, it must be really important.

Seungcheol sighs, finds the YouTube app, and opens it. Immediately, a replay of Jihoon’s video is on the top of his recommended videos on the homepage. It stopped about ten minutes ago - so when Soonyoung messaged him.

It doesn’t look special. The title is “Smile Flower Acoustic Ver. - Woozi”, and Seungcheol smiles, thinking about that song. They had made it when they were unsure about the future of Seventeen, and even SHW’s channel.

Why had Soonyoung insisted on him watching this video? It was just Jihoon doing a cover.

Shaking his head, Seungcheol clicks on the video anyway. He was already here, he may as well spend the five minutes watching the video.

On the screen, there’s a noise as the camera adjusts and Jihoon peers down to check it, one brown eye beneath the lip of a black hat coming into view, guitar under an arm. Seungcheol smiles just seeing him.

“Oh!” Jihoon nearly drops the camera before finally righting it again. Seungcheol hides a smile. Jihoon was never good at using the cameras - at least, not like Seungcheol and Soonyoung. Even Chan was better at it than Jihoon. He’s in his bedroom, which is the first unusual thing. They only ever recorded videos in their studio room or in the living room. It looks neat. Seungcheol wonders if he cleaned it for the video. The thought of Jihoon bustling around his room to make it neat makes him smile. Everything Jihoon does makes him smile.

“Uh, hello,” Jihoon smiles a little awkwardly, waving, as he shifts to sit back on the edge of the bed, shifting his guitar in his arms to rest comfortably. Then he schools his face back into a serious expression and does his greeting properly. “Hello everyone, this is Woozi from Seventeen, MelodyRhythm and SHW,” his serious expression cracks as he laughs a little, arms wrapped around his guitar. Seungcheol laughs with him.

“I hope this livestream is working. I’m really no good at these things, but hyung is busy. Uh, anyway, today I’m going to playing an acoustic version of a song Seventeen released earlier this year,” Jihoon says, and he moves a hand to rub the back of his neck, his sign of nervousness. “The reason…. well uh, it’s because it's a special occasion. Today is a special day for… someone special to me,” he smiles a little, almost secretive. Like a smile for himself. Seungcheol’s heart skips a beat. Is Jihoon ….singing…. for their anniversary….?

“So, today I'm just going to be releasing this as Woozi, not as part of Seventeen, or MelodyRhythm, or SHW. Just, me,” he chuckles a little. “I hope you’ll like my version of Smile Flower,” he smiles and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter