Snowed In

Snowed In

 

“Oh!” Sungjong squealed as a strong gust of wind threw him off track, trying to keep him away from his ultimate goal, the doors to the airport. He was so close, yet so far. His feet danced with the wind in a desperate attempt to stay vertical. He couldn't wait to get home.

As another rush of strong wind side swept him, a strong arm locked itself around him, saving him from a fall. Chansung grinned as he used all his strength to push against the wind, hauling both of their behinds to safety.

After taking a second or two to catch his breath, Sungjong faced Chansung to thank him for being his knight in shining armor, but the moment he saw him, he burst into laughter.

“Whuhh..?” Chansung looked around to try and find what was so funny, his face a big, goofy question mark. Ah, he could be so childishly cute, his face always mirroring exactly what he was thinking. Sungjong loved that about him. Maybe too much. At least he was a little bit relieved they were on their way home, even though he was going to miss that big, silly bear of a man.

“Your hair!” he pointed at his head and kept giggling.

“Hahh! You should see yourself!” Chansung chuckled. Sungjong gasped and ran to the next reflective surface to inspect the damage. Oh no! He looked like an idiot. His cheeks started heating up like two furnaces, turning bright red. Not helping.

“Hehh...” he grinned as he tried to flatten his severely electrified hair, looking like a mad scientist. So embarrassing.

But Chansung wasn't paying any attention to him. He was staring at something on the wall, his face struck with surprise, his jaw dropping so low that it nearly touched the ground. Sungjong followed Chansung's stare until his jaw joined Chansung's on the floor. The departure screen was blinking like crazy. There were big, fat, red letters spelling 'canceled' in every single line. There were no flights.

Sungjong looked around, only now noticing in how much disarray the airport was. It was packed to the brim with confused and angry travelers that were discovering that they too were stranded here, and there was nothing they could do about it.

 

Sungjong played with the laces of his shoes, bored out of his mind. Chansung was playing a game on his phone, chuckling hoarsely every now and then. The endearing sound tickled Sungjong's gut, making him smile. His eyes got stuck on Chansung's manly wrist, tracing the length of his muscular arm up towards his broad shoulders. He looked like he was wearing the most dashing suit imaginable, even though he was only wearing a simple T-shirt. That was how broad and sturdy his shoulders were. Although he was probably already wearing the most dashing suit imaginable, his birthday suit. Sungjong blushed at the impertinence of his own thoughts, swallowing a giggle as an image of Chansung in his birthday suit flashed before his mind's eye.

They were sitting on the floor in some half-hidden corner while the staff was trying to sort out what was going on. One thing was abundantly clear, they wouldn't be flying anywhere tonight. But if he was going to be stranded in a strange country, he couldn't think of a better partner in crime.

His stomach grumbled at the thought of overnighting on the cold airport floor. Most of the vending machines had no doubt been cleared out completely by now, with the amount of people inhabiting the airport. Then he remembered, he had a nice, big chocolate bar lying unopened in his bag. He whipped it out and opened it with great anticipation, taking a big bite, feeling as his body came back to life from low blood sugar induced hibernation.

He glanced at Chansung with his mouth full. He could see as Chansung's nostrils widened, catching a whiff of the sweet smell of chocolate, his eyes doubling in size, abandoning the screen of the phone to try and locate its origin, sniffing it out like the cutest, cuddliest animal that ever was. He watched closely as Sungjong took another bite, his big puppy eyes pleadingly staring at him. Looking straight into them, Sungjong melted like a microwaved ice cube. Even though he was still hungry, he handed him the rest of the candy bar. It was a no brainer, he wanted him to have it. Chansung pounced at it like a tiger and devoured it in under a second, the corners of his mouth with great satisfaction.

Frozen with shock after tiger-Chansung's attack on his hand, Sungjong giggled heartily as he realized something incredible.

"What?" Chansung grinned happily.

"I... In... Indirect kiss!" Sungjong pointed at the now empty candy wrapper, not believing he had said that out loud, bursting into a fit of giggles.

A feeble chuckle escaped Chansung's lips as his smile disappeared. For a split second they just looked at each other, Sungjong holding his breath, waiting for a reaction. Probably a punishment of some sorts for his inappropriate forwardness. Then, suddenly, Chansung leaned forward, placing the softest of kisses on his lips. Completely taken aback, Sungjong's heart ran a triple marathon as fireworks went off in his head. He felt like he was flying.

"Direct kiss!" Chansung exclaimed, chuckling loudly like he had told a really funny joke, before returning his attention to his phone, leaving Sungjong completely dumbstruck.

 

Best. Typhoon. Ever.

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________

AN: Apologies for the delay!!

And this concludes the 2pinite sixology, thanks so much for participating in this little crossover adventure :)