Welcome baby Cho!

Bookshop

 

Sungmin tried to relax in between her contractions but being in an  induced labour,  it is more  painful  than a natural labour. In natural  labour, the contractions build up slowly, but in  induced labour  they can start more quickly and became stronger each minute. She felt her head being pull into Kyuhyun's embrace, and she was so thankful that she has a wonderful husband.

Kyuhyun sat at the bed near to Sungmin's head, so that he could help her to relax. Supporting Sungmin's head, he kissed her head and keep telling her to take deep breaths. At some points when the pain became so intense, he felt like fainting because Sungmin would squeezed his hand so hard until he felt like his blood vessels going to burst.

"Kyu...." 

"Yes, baby?.." 

"I... I.. think.. my waterbag... burst..." 

Kyuhyun looked at her waist area and indeed, the area is now wet. 

"Nurse, her waterbag burst... Can you clean her first...?" 

"Ohh that's great, now we can measure her dilation!" the nurse started getting busy cleaning up Sungmin and get all the equipments ready. One of them measure Sungmin's dilation, and happily announced that she was 9cm dilation. The other nurse quickly called the gynae. 

The dilation of cervix makes it possible for the baby to move from the uterus to the l canal. The cervix plays an important role in a woman’s body during the process of childbirth. The cervix dilates from 1 centimetre to 10 or 11 centimetres before a woman goes into active labour. 

Sungmin felt that her labour pain quadrable!! "Kyu!!! It's so painful!!" and started tearing. She started screaming and moved her body sideways to ease her pain. 

Kyuhyun got panic. "Min, keep taking deep breaths. You need to stay focus. Don't move too much else your back will hurt. I love you Min, and I'm here with you ok"

"Kyu...." and she screamed again as another wave of intense pain hit her.

The gynae came and when she measured Sungmin's dilation, it was 11cm. She signalled to the nurses to start the birth process. Sungmin's legs were placed on the stands and her gown her pull up so that Dr Fox could view her tummy movement as well as her . 

"Ok, Sungmin, I want you to take a deep breath and start pushing. Focus and start pushing..."

Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin's head a lightly so that she could take a deep breath and push.

"I can't...." she started to take take lots of small breaths.

"Min, focus on our baby. He is going to be born soon. Come on, you can do it. Take a deep breath now.... yes, that's good, and now, hold your breath and push..." Kyuhyun encouraged her and Sungmin did just that, screaming while pushing.

"That's good, Sungmin. Do that again" Dr Fox said. 

It went on a few times and Dr Fox could see the baby’s head emerging, and she slowly pull at the baby's soft neck to ease the passage way.

Head out, then the shoulder, then one tiny hand, and another tiny hand, then the body, and after another long push plus screaming, the baby’s legs emerged. The nurses were clapping their hands and Sungmin felt like a big burden has been lifted off her shoulder, or should we said, from her tummy!

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around his wife and started tearing. Never in his life could he imagine that he would experience this. His own son being born into this world, witness by his own eyes. "Min, I love you. We are parents now, you gives birth to our baby boy!!" Kyuhyun sobbed and kissed his wife sweaty forehead.

Sungmin smile and teared too. Kyuhyun wipe her tears lovingly and wiped her forehead, hair and face. 

"Congratulations you two, you have a healthy baby boy!!. We'll clean him and do some measurements, then you can hold him ok"

"Cho SungHyun" Kyuhyun smile at Sungmin. At her questioning look, he continued "Our son's name, Cho Sunghyun".

Sungmin smile and nodded. She held Kyuhyun's hand and clasp it. She felt very tired and wished that the nurses clean her up faster so that she could rest properly.

"Kyu, call your parents and let them know.."

"Yes I will but I want to take our baby's photo first, and with you holding our baby. I want to send to Chwang too".

Dr Fox certified that their baby boy is healthy, and handover the baby to Kyuhyun, who accepted him with so much happiness. He then took photo of his baby in his arm, and slowly pass it to his wife. He put some pillows behind her back so that she could slightly sat up. He then took photos of their son in Sungmin's arms.

"Mr Cho, this is your baby's unofficial birth certificate. You have to register him at our registrar counter at 2nd floor, then you'll be given your baby’s official certificate plus his health booklet too. We will push your wife to a normal ward, and this is the ward number" the nurse told him, while handing him all the documents.

"Thank you nurse, and thank you all! Can you all take a photo, plus you, Dr Fox?" Kyuhyun gestured them to stand around Sungmin. 

It was a happy moment as they all congratulating Sungmin and took several photos together, with Kyuhyun too. 

"Min, I go and register our baby, and I will find you in the ward later ok".

"Okay"

Kyuhyun kissed her and kissed his baby, and left them to go to the 2nd floor. He has Sungmin's ID with him, plus his employment Visa, so their baby son would be registered as an Australian citizen. While waiting for his number to be called, he messaged Changmin and his parents, and sent photos to them. After many many congratulatory messages, Changmin asked for the ward number and said that Victoria sent her regards and that they would drop by for a visit later. 

While walking back to the ward, his phone rang and it was an overseas call. His mother calling!! 

"Omma!!!" Kyuhyun answered within the 2nd ring. 

His mother was screaming with joy and kept asking how was Sungmin. 

"Omma, I'm near to Sungmin's ward, so I call you back with video conference so that you can talk to Sungmin?" 

"Ok, Kyu, but if she needs to rest, let her rest first. We can video call later". 

"Ok omma". 

In the ward, Sungmin couldn't sleep because her womb was still in pain. The nurse gave her painkillers and explained to her that sometimes, due to intense pain during contractions, some women continued to experience  pain  and aches hours after delivery. Most women  after giving birth, would start to have low back  pain, which is not a surprise given the amount of strain and  pain the body goes through during  labor contractions. She felt 'cleaner' now, as the nurse had thoroughly cleaned her up after stitching her slightly teared , then put on 2 layers of maternity pad on her disposable underwear. 

Kyuhyun came in and held her hand. "How are you feeling?" and bend down to kiss her. 

"Tired..." but gave him a smile. "Registration done?" 

"Yup, he is an Australian citizen now" Kyuhyun smile and interlace Sungmin's fingers with his. "Thank you for giving me a wonderful baby son". 

"Thank you for going through everything with me, Kyu. You are everything to me" Sungmin smile back.

"Oh yes, the nurse told me that our baby is in the nursery room, and will be wheel here soon. They will show you how to feed him. I want to see too! He will be my property so I need to tell him that we need to share your coz I want to drink your milk too" he said cheekily. 

Sungmin chuckled and beat Kyuhyun's hand. "Tsk... Kyu..." 
and laughed because Kyuhyun looked playfully at her . 

The feeding session was a success. Somehow baby Sunghyun latched easily and kept his mummy's milk. The nurse showed Sungmin on how change the position, such that she could switch hand and let her baby latch to her other , so that her milk glands will flow properly on both . 

After the nurse left, Kyuhyun took out his phone to snap photos. "Baby, drink slowly, don't bite your mummy's brest ok. It's mine" 

Sungmin pinched his hand and swatted his hand away from their baby, laughingly.