No Happy Endings

Just Friends

-=MINA'S POV=-

I'm currently here at a grocery store to buy some foods for me to eat while I travel later back to my place.

 

As I looked for some delicious foods, I can't help but expect to see Chaeyoung here. Just for once.

 

I was about to pick a vinegar chips when another hand also reached for it. I turned to look who the person is and I was surprised to see who it is.

 

Well, it's just some kind of a gangster whose hair is spiked up, with matching smoky make up. He creepily smiled while chewing his gum and winked at me before leaving with the only vinegar chips available here.

 

*Sigh*

 

I just looked for another chips and this time, I made sure that I'm gonna get it without somebody taking it away from me. And luckily, I got it and paid for it afer.

 

I got out of the grocery store and went to an ice cream shop to reward myself with a nice and refreshing ice cream. The shop isn't filled with so many people and there were just two women in line. I lined up and decided which flavor I want.

 

I heard one of the women ordered soft chocolate flavored ice cream and the other one ordered for a strawberry flavored one.

 

Strawberries.

 

They remind me of Chaeyoung.

 

I was about to order mine when I caught a glimpse of one of the women.

 

I turned to look at her and guess who the woman is.

 

"Chaeyoung?"

 

Chaeyoung turned to look at me and she's also as surprised as I am. "Mi- Mina?"

 

I smiled as I nodded at her. "Long time no see, huh?" I said and she smiled back.

 

"Yeah."

 

I was about to hug her when I remembered the girl she was with. I looked at the other girl and I can't help but feel insecured.

 

The girl was much prettier than I am and I bet that she's Chaeyoung's girlfriend now.

 

Chaeyoung noticed that I was looking at the girl and she started introducing us to each other.

 

"Oh.. uhmm.. Mina, this is Irene, by the way. She's my.. partner. And Irene, this is Mina. My friend."

 

The girl, Irene, held her hand out to me as we shaked hands. "It's nice to see you, Mina." she said and I just smiled as a response.

 

As I looked at Irene closely, I recognized a bump at her tummy.

 

That's why she oredered for a soft ice cream.

 

Tears started to well up in my eyes but I fought it back so I won't look like a weakling infront of them. "Oh, congrats to the both of you by the way."

 

Confusion was written all over Chaeyoung's face and asked. "Congrats for what?"

 

I directly looked at Chaeyoung's eyes and I got ready to leave after I said the words that will be the cause of my downfall. "I hope the baby will come out healthy and.. I know that you're going to be a good father."

 

After that, I walked out of the shop (poor ice cream) and the tears I was fighting back earlier streamed down like a fountain.

 

I didn't expect that I'd see Chaeyoung today and I didn't expect that she'll have someone right now.

 

Of course, she'll have someone and get over me. It's not like she can love me forever, right?

 

I walked fast and I bumped at some people but I don't care.

 

I crossed the road and I heard a car honking at me.

 

The car is going towards me and I didn't dared to move. I deserve this.

 

I guess this is really a goodbye to you, Chaeyoung. Atleast I got to see you again.

 

 

-=Chaeyoung's POV=-

I watched Mina run out of the shop and it felt like the world has stopped until I received a punch from Irene.

 

"What was that for?!"

 

"Go follow your beloved Myoui Mina! She must've thought that my baby is yours!" she shouted like a dolphin and shoved me outside the shop.

 

"But you-"

 

"Seulgi is coming here later! Just go get your girl and kiss her hard for me!!"

 

I just smiled and ran to where you went and I saw you cross the road. You suddenly stopped and I wondered why. And when I saw a car going towards you, I ran as fast as i can to save you.

 

I can't let go of you yet. Not that we just saw each other again.

 

-=Mina's POV=-

I waited for the car to collide harshly with my body.

 

But it never happened.

 

Instead, I felt myself being hugged by someone and getting ourselves fall at the sidewalk where it is safe.

 

I got up and saw Chaeyoung wincing in pain. I suddenly felt guilty and helped her get up. "Are you okay?"

 

She just smiled and hugged me tightly. "Now that you're here... I am."

 

I smiled at her words and hugged her back.

 

But I suddenly remembered Irene so I pulled out from the hug and looked for a sign of Irene.

 

"What are you looking for?"

 

"I'm looking for Irene. She might see us and she will accuse you for cheating and then you'll fight because of me and i don't want that to happen because I don't want your baby to grow up without--"

 

Chaeyoung suddenly kissed me to shut me up and eventually pulled out after a second. "Irene's not my girlfriend nor my wife."

 

"But you said she's your partner.."

 

"Yeah. We're rappers and she's my partner at the studio we're currently working at."

 

"And she's pregnant.."

 

"That's not my baby. That would be so disgustingly gross if it was." she answered and made a face out of disgust.

 

"I heard that!!" a dolphin voice suddenly came out behind a lamp post.

 

I laughed at Irene's cute voice and Chaeyoung joined me.

 

"Gosh! Don't laugh at my angelic voice and just be girlfriends already!" she shouted again and walked out.

 

Awkwardness suddenly enveloped around us and Chaeyoung sheepishly scratched the back of her neck. "Oh... and about that... uhmm.."

 

I waited for her to ask me out but she's so slow so I did it for her.

 

"Chaeyoung?" I called out and she looked at me. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

------------

 

"And that was the story of me and Chaeyoung."

 

I heard some of the kids groan and some of them asked me to finish the story.

 

"That's the story. It's done." I answered.

 

"But Aunt Chaeyoung still didn't say yes!!!" Yeri shouted that I think my eardrums cracked.

 

She got it from her mom. Like Mother, like daughter, as they say.

 

"Of course she did say yes. How can she resist this face of mine?" I asked and acted cute infront of the kids.

 

"Gross." Tzuyu muttered.

 

I wonder why she didn't get all the bubbliness of Sana and Dahyun. It that I'm not cute to her.

 

"C'mon guys. Let's just leave that old hag here with her boring love story." Yeri ordered to her friends and they got out of the house to play.

 

But two of Yeri's friends stayed. I looked at them and smiled. "Why don't you go play with your friends right there?" I asked.

 

One of them, Moonbyul, smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "Your love story is beautiful. It's not boring. Right, Solar?"

 

Solar nodded and looked at me for hope. "Did you two have happy ending?"

 

I laughed at her question and pinched her cute cheeks a little. "No, we didn't."

 

She frowned and Moonbyul stomped her feet. "But why?!  You said she said yes!"

 

"Chill, Moonstar. For me, we didn't have a happy ending because our love still doesn't have an ending. It will be forever. And an ending is not happy when two people are really in love."

 

 

 

 

--

End