The Golden Thread, Part 5

The Golden Thread

The KakaoTalk group that Jaejoong, Yunho, and Sungmin are also part of is slowly growing bigger when Kyuhyun, since we added him at some point, also adds Saeun, starting a long fanboy rant by Hyukjae and Donghae in our more private chat that only the two of them, Jungsu, and I are in. It’s nice to stay in contact with them but also with Saeun even after Sungmin leaves to fulfill his army duty. I can tell that Saeun needs our support because even though there are many fans who support her relationship with Sungmin, I also see countless posts where people rant about them having kept it secret and taking things way too rushed and that Sungmin is just a normal guy and supposedly doesn’t even deserve to be with Saeun. If I could, I would silence them all in one go, but the only possible way to do that is not exactly the most legal one… The second option is to wait and hope that time will solve this…

Our meetings become less frequent, therefore Yunho and Kyuhyun manage to join Jungsu and me most of the time and Saeun also spends time with us whenever her busy schedule allows that.

We hear from Hyukjae and Donghae regularly, but I think one of my favorite messages was the one five months after they moved to Busan when Hyukjae made a voice record telling us hyper excitedly that he has managed to get into a dance studio and that he will be allowed to teach there once they are assured that he knows everything they require him to know.

Shortly after our town’s annual festival, Saeun is allowed to visit her family and Kyuhyun decides that all of us – meaning in this case only him, Jungsu, and me – should go visit her when she’s off anyway. I’ve never been in the village she lives in before, so I’m kind of glad that Kyuhyun’s manager will take all of us, but I also feel a little awkward sitting between bodyguards, managers, Jungsu, and Kyuhyun. I feel like I’m the only normal person around – as far as the term ‘normal’ fits me… Since Jungsu is getting a lecture about not having to take his responsibilities so lightly and having to at least practice more to appear more natural and Kyuhyun is using the drive to sleep, I’m simply staring outside, watching the world pass by and hanging after my thoughts. Just like my best friend, I also called in sick today to be able to accompany the other two to Saeun’s village, but I guess there’s no need to say that – if I do, Jungsu’s manager might also end up lecturing me. Remembering that I brought some designs with me to check them over, I pull them out, though. Lately I feel like designing a lot, so there are also a few drafts that can be found in the notebook I keep the actual designs in, but I have absolutely no muse for my actual work. None of the things I get to check over really seems appealing to me even though I know my colleagues have a different opinion on that. I can tell that my boss is also not too happy with my work lately.

I let out a soft sigh and look at the cute shirts that all seem to be lacking the certain something. To me, they all look like slightly varied copies of shirts that are already on the market and I understand that at some point there’s only so much you can invent, but I still don’t think next spring will be a fashion highlight…

What are you doing there?”

I look up when I hear Jungsu’s question and realize that I have tuned out his manager’s voice enough to not even have noticed he stopped talking. “Nothing really. I just took home some stuff to work on.”

May I see?”

You can see this part, if you’d like,” I reply and give him the notebook without the designs I took home from work. Jungsu slowly looks through the drafts I made and I can see that he’s amazed by what he sees. When he’s done, he hands me the notebook back.

They’re all really good!” he compliments and I’m grateful that he doesn’t tell me I should have become a designer – both of us know that has been my actual dream once I've given up on the idea of becoming an idol and that I would have loved to become one instead of getting stuck in this helper position…

In front of us, even Kyuhyun moves and stretches a little in the limited space, then he turns around a little on his seat. “What are you two talking about?” he asks quietly.

Heechul showed me some of the designs he made.”

Oh really?” Kyuhyun asks, immediately sounding more awake. When we nod, he reaches out a hand. “Can I see?”

I shrug lightly, figuring that he’s probably seen some of the things that I took pictures of and sent to Jungsu for feedback anyway. “Sure, why not?” I reply and Jungsu hands the notebook to the front.

Kyuhyun looks through it quietly for a moment, then he shows us one of the designs, a pullover with a heart pattern and a cut out back, its top only being held together by about five centimeters of fabric. “I really like this design.”

It’s really cute, isn’t it?” Jungsu also says and Kyuhyun nods, then he continues to look through the drafts, still complimenting a few more before he hands the notebook back.

You’re really good! Have you ever tried applying as a designer after you got your job?” he asks, making it obvious that Jungsu told him about that part of my past.

I shake my head lightly. “No, I haven’t. There’s never been a reason to and I probably wouldn’t have gotten the job anyway.”

Kyuhyun scoffs. “Bull, your designs are great!”

I shake my head again and look down at the notebook. “Thank you,” I say softly, but I’m pretty sure he’s just biased because he’s my friend. Back then, none of the places where I applied thought that my designs were worth it and even at the company where I’m at right now, I’ve never been allowed to bring in my own ideas outside from possible color changes (the jumper skirt idea Sungmin gave me was somehow well accepted, though), all I can do is look over what others have made and then figure out which ones should be included for the next seasons, a collection that the big stores will once again only take a small percentage of.

We’re almost there,” Kyuhyun’s manager announces when we drive into another village and I look out excitedly. It’ll be great to see Saeun again! Maybe she’ll also have some news about Sungmin, I’d love to hear from him.

Jungsu leans closer to me to also be able to look out of my window and both of us watch the outside world pass by. It looks like any other village, but this one is nevertheless a little more special to us because we’ll meet Saeun here.

When we come to a halt in front of a café, I realize that there’s no security positioned outside, so apparently this place is small enough that not too many fans come here. As we exit, I immediately notice some teenagers react to Kyuhyun’s and Jungsu’s presence, but other than that, this place really does seem comparably quiet.

Both bodyguards accompany us inside and much faster than I find Saeun, they have already spotted her bodyguard. It’s Jungsu who shows me where the young woman sits and I wave over to her, then the three of us go to the counter to order first while the two bodyguards seem to relax enough to go over to Saeun’s bodyguard for now, probably to discuss how they will distribute their tasks today.

Equipped with a hot beverage each, Jungsu, Kyuhyun, and I make our way to the table Saeun has reserved for us and sit down with her.

Hey guys,” she says with a warm smile.

Hey,” we reply.Have you heard anything from Sungmin?” Jungsu continues and Saeun nods.

Yes. He’s doing fine so far and is slowly getting used to his life at the military camp. But he says he misses all of us a lot.”

I can’t help but smile softly. “It must be tough to go there completely on your own.”

You didn’t?” Saeun asks back in surprise and I shake my head.

No, Jungsu and I enlisted together because our birthdays are really close. It was good to have someone more or less nearby whom I can easily talk to.”

Jungsu nods in confirmation to my words. “Yes, that really was nice.”

It’s cool that you two could do it together,” Saeun replies and she looks truly happy for us.

Kyuhyun next to Jungsu huffs. “I’ll probably have to do it when I turn 30… I think that’s the only time when my company will allow me to do it. I don’t think I’ll feel any more ready for that then than I do right now…”

Jungsu and I can’t help but laugh lightly. “Believe me, we weren’t ready either when we were 18 and completed our military duty,” Jungsu replies and I nod, but I’m nevertheless glad that both of us are done with it.

It’s also good for you because it means you won’t have to interrupt your work as an MC. I’m sure your fans will be grateful for this once they find out that you’ve already complete your military duty,” Saeun reasons and all of us nod. It’s true, seen from that perspective, his fans are really lucky that my best friend only became an MC recently…

Hasn’t Lee Jaewon also done it this way?” Kyuhyun asks and I realize I have absolutely no idea who that is.

Saeun nodded. “Yes, he has,” she replies and then all three of them engage in a conversation about their celebrity friends. It’s a little amazing to me to see how quickly Jungsu has also become a part of that glamorous world, but as the conversation drags on and I can’t really contribute to it because I don’t know any of the people enough to comment on them or their situations, I notice my attention slowly drifting off. I take my time to watch the people around me instead and I notice that most of them don’t really treat us as anything special. There’s a young woman who quickly puts her phone down when she realizes I’m looking into her direction, so I know there are some people around who take pictures nevertheless just like it is the case in Ryeowook’s Café, but most people are focused on their own conversations. I see the bodyguards and am surprised that all three of them are inside with us and that they also got something to drink, making me smile. Even though they have an aura of respect and are always serious whenever I hear them talk, they’re only human just like me and everyone else around.

Lastly, my eyes land on a couple at the table next to me and I’m about to look away when I hear something that makes my breath catch in my throat and my heart beat faster.

“… from my friend Hangeng, I told you about him, didn’t I?” the taller man says right now.

Isn’t he the one who you thought died in that ferry accident ten years ago?” the smaller man asks back and looks at his boyfriend - judging by the golden thread, they are boyfriends - curiously. My hand subconsciously goes to my wrist, to my restored thread. Could that be him? Could this Hangeng be the one I’ve seen back then?

Yes, exactly.”

What did he say?”

He said that he’s been in a coma for nearly seven years.”

For seven years? And they made it through all this time? How?”

He said that a fisherman and his wife saved him and told the hospital to do whatever it takes for Hangeng to survive. I have no idea how they managed to pay the bills and I think it’s a miracle that they held on for so long. Seven years is a long time when you don’t know whether someone will or won’t wake up.”

The smaller man nods. “But this is amazing. It’s a miracle come true! Can you visit him?”

This time, the other one nods. “Yes, he told me he-“

Heechul?” I jump at the sound of my name and turn to my best friend to see not only he but also the other two look at me with worry. “Are you alright? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost,” Jungsu asks carefully and I hurry to nod, drawing in a shaky breath after what I’ve just heard.

I’m fine. Better than fine, actually, I just found out that-“ I interrupt myself. No, they don’t know. I glance down at my thread and back up at Jungsu who obviously waits for me to continue. But he doesn’t know anything about this, he doesn’t know what happened ten years ago, he doesn’t know who Hangeng is!

You just found out that..?” Jungsu eventually repeats when I don’t continue speaking and suddenly, my fear that they could judge me is back. They’ll think I’m insane because no one else sees these golden threads. They’ll think I’m insane for being all over a stranger whom I’ve never talked to, whose name I have only just learned

I quickly shake my head. “I need some fresh air,” I excuse myself and hurry to get up.

Heechul,” Jungsu calls after me, but I ignore him and leave the café. Once I’m outside, I look around, I have no idea what to do, but since I don’t think I can just stand around, I quickly glance at the name of the café, hoping that I will remember it, then I leave to take a walk.

Hangeng. His name is Hangeng. Now I really am sure that he’s from China! The guy who was talking about him also looked Chinese and thinking back about it, I think I also heard a faint Chinese accent in his voice, but I’m not entirely sure about that.

When I notice something else, I curse in my head. The smaller one asked if the other guy would visit Hangeng and just when he was answering, Jungsu distracted me. Damn it, I might have found out where Hangeng lives right now! What is he doing? Is he alright? He woke up from a seven-year long coma! The other two are right, it’s a miracle that they never turned off the machines that kept Hangeng alive during all this time.

I’m so close, so close to finding out more about him…

Or is it maybe not even all too bad that I haven’t found out his whereabouts? I mean, I couldn’t really have just run after him like a stalker! No, maybe it really isn’t all that bad that I have no idea where he lives. That at least means that I won’t be tempted to do anything stupid that will make me appear even more insane in the end.

I look up at the sky.

Hangeng… That’s a really beautiful name. A beautiful name for a beautiful man. I wonder if he’s still as good-looking as he was when I first saw him. Will he remember me? Probably not, no, I didn’t even talk to him back then, after all!

What is he like? Is he kind? Fierce? Does he treat people well? Does he even speak Korean? He should by now, shouldn’t he? At least a bit..?


 

The drive back home is tense. Jungsu tries to get answers out of me, but I refuse to talk. I’d rather have him get upset with me than having to fear that he’ll think I’ve lost my mind, so I’m fine with his accusations as long as it means he doesn’t find out the truth.

Another month passes and it’s not difficult to tell that Jungsu is not happy with my lack of responsiveness towards what happened at Saeun’s village, but at least we’re still on normal speaking terms regarding every other topic.

I’m nevertheless taken by surprise when I get a text message from him one Friday night where he asks if I have time because he needs someone to talk to. I agree right away, but I’m a little wary anyway. He won’t make another move into the same direction, will he? No, the text he sent me doesn’t sound like he’s about to tell me once again to reveal more about the golden threads.

The moment I open the door, I can tell something’s terribly wrong. “Jungsu?” I ask carefully and allow him to come in. He takes his shoes off and we go into my living room. “What would you like to drink?”

Just some water will be fine.”

I nod and go to the kitchen, then I come back with two glasses of water and put them both down on the living room table. He drinks a bit, but I wait until he puts his glass back down again before I speak up. “What’s wrong?”

Jungsu sighs and leans back against the backrest of the sofa, closing his eyes for a moment before he looks back at me with tired eyes. “I’m not sure if things between Kyuhyun and me will work out.”

I take a moment to let those words sink in, trying not to look just as shocked as I feel. “Why not?” I eventually ask carefully.

Jungsu looks down at his lap with yet another sigh. “We’re both so busy that we can’t meet often. And when we can meet, it always has to remain a secret, people can’t know anything about us because it would threaten our careers too much… It’s just so tiring.”

I try to think of something good to say, yet all that comes to my mind is, “But you guys will be fine.”

My best friend shakes his head lightly. “No, things will only get worse.”

I just sit and watch him for endless seconds. Can this really be the end? Is it really that easy? It doesn’t look easy to him… But they’re connected by a golden thread! They can’t just end like that, they should be able to enjoy the love they feel for each other! I thought for so long that I’d never get this chance, I was in so much pain, I can’t have them go through the same!

After seconds that may have even stretched out to minutes, I speak up again softly, “So you think it would be better with someone else? With a fan whose life will be destroyed because reporters will be all after them and other fans won’t accept your relationship? Just take a look at Sungmin and Saeun.”

They also have supportive fans,” Jungsu argues weakly.

I know.”

And there are other options.”

The only other options I see would be to get involved with yet another celebrity which I don’t think would be less stressful or to live on your own for the rest of your life,” I point out.

Definitely not the latter,” Jungsu replies immediately and I could have bet he’d object to that part. We both know how much he wants to find someone he loves and can build a family with. “But I really don’t think I can keep going at the moment. I think I really should tell Kyuhyun that we need to break up.”

I shake my head firmly, completely convinced that is not the right option. No, their golden thread shows something else, I just have to make Jungsu see that it’s worth to keep on fighting for this love! “No, I’m sure the two of you can work it out.”

Jungsu looks up at me and lightly raises an eyebrow. “Shouldn’t you rather tell me to do whatever makes me happy?”

I hesitate. He’s right, that’s probably what I should be telling him, but… “But… you two belong together. Shouldn’t that make you happy?”

What about a man who abuses his wife even though they belong together, would you still tell them to stay together?” I flinch at his example and look down, biting my lip. Of course I couldn’t tell them to stay together even if a golden thread connects them, but I wouldn’t understand anyway why someone should abuse their destined partner. “See? And now I don’t think Kyuhyun is doing me any good, so we should part ways, I think.”

I shake my head once again, not willing to give up just yet. “But you two belong together!”

How do you even know? What if you’re wrong?” I can tell that Jungsu is slowly getting worked up over this, but after all the pain I’ve been through, I refuse to let him break up with Kyuhyun just like that when they are tied together!

I’m not wrong about this, I’ve seen it often enough by now.”

Seen what?”

I realize I’ve said too much just a little too late. “That… that people will be happy when I have a feeling that they belong together,” I eventually save myself, hoping that Jungsu will leave it at that.

How can you even have that feeling when people whom you’ve never met are involved?” he asks, though and I look down for a moment before I raise my gaze with defiance and slight desperation. I don’t want to have this talk again, I don’t want to have Jungsu question everything I say just because I don’t dare to tell him the truth!

I… I don’t know. Look, Jungsu, this is not about me but ab-“

No, this is all about you.” I flinch at the interruption and at my best friend’s harsh tone, but he continues, “You’re the only one who ever decides to tell people what’s right and what’s wrong in their love lives depending on some kind of feeling. Is that really all there is?” I look down, unable to meet his eyes, but apparently that is answer enough for Jungsu because he laughs bitterly. “Won’t you even talk about that? You never talk to us and you can’t even talk about something that is obviously just as much about me as it is about you.”

But I do talk to you guys!” I defend myself and look up again, but Jungsu only shakes his head.

No, Heechul, you never do. You never complain towards us, you never tell us when things aren’t going right for you, you only always smile at us and act like everything’s perfect.”

I don’t want to bother you.”

Are you ever bothered if we vent towards you?”

No, of course not!”

Then why should we be?” I look down once more because I know he’s right but I still can’t help but feel like I’d only burden him and the others if I were to talk to them about all the things that bother me. “Ever since that one day in our first year of high school, you’ve changed. During the past ten years, I thought that you’d find the strength to talk to us or at least to me at some point, and don’t fight it off, I know that for you everything has changed after that day. And then things changed again when I met Kyuhyun and even when all of us were worried, you still didn’t talk to us, you only stared at your wrist, at our wrists, and then you told us that everything’s alright. But you know what? I don’t believe you anymore. And I sincerely hope for you that one day you’ll find it in yourself to trust us enough to talk openly to us and treat us equally.”

I look up when Jungsu stands up and I hurry to get up as well, trying to hold him back as he turns to leave. “No, wait-“

Jungsu looks at me with disappointment and sadness in his eyes and I can’t believe how tired he seems to be. “What do you want me to wait for? If the man I call my best friend can’t even trust me, then I don’t have any reason to stay.”

My hand falls down and I can’t do anything but stare after him as he leaves. When the door falls shut, I flinch, almost surprised that there’s no echo of the sound because of how empty I feel. I slowly sit down again, trying to understand what just happened and when the realization sinks in, I feel like I’m on the verge of crying. All this time I didn’t dare to talk to Jungsu and now he turns away from me because I’m too afraid. Is it maybe better like this? I won’t have to tell him about the golden threads, I can’t disappoint him anymore, I…

I run out of reasons because no, absolutely nothing is better like this! Jungsu’s my best friend, he belongs to my side, we aren’t supposed to be separated like this!

But that doesn’t mean that I can tell him.

I let myself fall back until I’m lying on my sofa and close my eyes, wishing I could shut out my thoughts as easily as I can shut out the outside world. No, whatever happens, I can’t tell him. No one can know. Jungsu would only turn away from me a second time…


 

Heechul, the boss wants to talk to you!”

I look up from my work and nod towards my colleague. I put my pencil down and stare at the stack of designs in front of me in frustration. Lately, I can’t get anything done, and since Jungsu turned his back on me one week ago, it’s gotten even worse. I don’t know what to do with the designs, none of them look appealing to me, but I also don’t know how I could improve them in a way that would neither end with my boss yelling at me for having changed too much nor leave me unsatisfied.

I get up from my workplace and go to my boss’ office instead, hoping that whatever is waiting for me won’t be all too bad. I knock on the door when I arrive and my boss asks me to come in. I bow to him and sit down when I’m allowed to do so.

Kim Heechul…”

Yes, boss.”

He looks at something in front of him, then he pushes that something over to me. I look at the objects and freeze up when I realize they’re pictures from the day we met with Saeun. The focus is always on one of the other three, but I’m clearly recognizable on them.

If you were sick that day, how come you were able to meet up with your celebrity friends?”

I open my mouth to insist that the pictures are from a different day, but then I stop myself. No, they’re fans, if my boss got to these pictures, then it means he’ll also know for sure that they’re from that day. “I’m sorry, boss,” I say eventually, knowing no excuse will get me out of this situation.

The other man sighs at my lack of defense. “My supervisor is extremely unhappy with your work lately and I have to admit that I share his opinion. You are unable to provide proper results, you slack at work, you call in sick when you’re not actually sick… I tried to defend you against my supervisor nevertheless, I want you to know that. He didn’t waver.” Another paper is pushed over to me and I can only stare at the bold letters reading Notice of Termination, trying to wrap my head around what’s happening. “My supervisor handed in the vacation you have not taken yet. Your vacation will start on Monday. I’m sorry, Heechul.”

I manage to nod and I feel my lips curve up in a polite smile. “Is there anything else I have to know?”

If you could sign this.”

I simply nod once again and nevertheless take the time to at least skim over the content even though I realize halfway through that I remember absolutely nothing I’ve read, then I sign both copies that have already been signed by my boss’ supervisor. I push one copy back to my boss while I keep the other one. “I assume I will work my normal shift today?”

If you could?” I can tell my boss is taken completely by surprise at how good I act to take it.

I nod and stand up, bowing towards him. “Have a good day, boss.”

You too, Heechul.”

I leave and take a deep breath, willing down all kinds of feelings and putting on a smile instead as I go back into the office I share with two more colleagues. One of them looks up when I enter.

Hey. What did the boss want from you?”

Nothing special,” I reply with a shrug and sit down in my spot again. I put the notice of termination into my bag, making sure that the paper will remain straight, then I try to continue to work until I can leave tonight. Leave for good…


 

I take the train to go to my hometown for my birthday. Luckily, that day falls on a Saturday, so I don’t even have to pretend to call in sick at work once again.

I haven’t heard from or seen Jungsu since our big fight. The thought that he has probably indeed broken up with Kyuhyun hurts me and makes me want to reach out to Jungsu, but if I do that, I’ll have to explain myself and everything I’ve kept from him all this time and I’m still not ready for that step. Maybe it’s better like that even if it doesn’t feel that way…

In the past month, I’ve applied at many places, trying to find a job, any job, but either I don’t hear from the companies or they say they’re not interested. I have no idea what I’m supposed to do, if things continue like this, my future doesn’t look all too rosy…

The train ride is long, but since they have Wi-Fi, I send out more applications, hoping that any of the places will accept me even though I’m slowly starting to lose hope.

No, I have to keep up my positive attitude! If not for myself, then at least for everyone else around me!

During the times that I'm not sending out applications, I pet Baengshin and Heebum, feeling sorry for them that they have to stay in pet carriers this entire time. But at least they can run around as soon as we arrive at my mother's house...

When I arrive in my hometown, my mother picks me up from the station and instantly pulls me into a hug. “Happy birthday, honey~!”

I hug my mother back tightly, closing my eyes. I never knew a hug could feel so good, but having been deprived of much of my social contact this past month, this hug feels like heaven!

Thank you, mom.”

My mother leans away and looks at me with a scrutinizing gaze. “Honey, what’s wrong?”

My smile wavers and eventually fades; I’ve never been able to keep secrets from her except for my biggest one. So as we drive to her house, I tell her everything that happened these past two months and I let her soothe my aching heart and listen to her tips of how I should continue. She offers me to stay with her for a little while longer when I tell her that I will get all the answers to my applications on my computer anyway and I agree immediately – right now there’s nothing that would hold me in the small town I usually love so much.

My sister has already arrived before me and greets me joyfully when my mother and I arrive and this time I can greet her back with a similarly positive attitude. My father arrives not much later with his new wife and we enjoy the afternoon and evening together. It feels incredibly nice to be back in the house that used to be my home with the people whom I love with all my heart. Even my father’s wife more or less counts to our family because she’s usually with us during celebrations like this since she and my dad don’t have children on their own – and I think that even if they did they’d still join us.

After dinner, I excuse myself to take a walk, needing some time to figure out what I can possibly do next.

Once I’m outside, I breathe in the fresh night air and realize how quiet it is now that I’m not in a town anymore and especially not in Seoul. I look up and smile when I can see the stars above my head, then I slowly begin to walk.

I guess that my mother is right that I need to call Jungsu and try to make up with him. But how should I do it? Will I really have to tell him about my biggest secret? I know that I’ve been too careless with it lately, I should have paid more attention not to watch people’s wrists so much, but now I can’t undo it.

But even if I call Jungsu and if things should go well somehow, what else can I do with my life? What if companies keep on rejecting me? Will I be able to find a job soon? What if not, will I need to step back from my apartment contract? Probably so because in that case I wouldn’t be able to pay the bills anymore, but where else should I live? I can’t just live with my mother all this time…

Then what should I do? Should I follow my thread? Should I try and find this Hangeng? But then what am I supposed to do?

I glance up when I get to a crossing and quickly look over my shoulder to make sure no car is approaching, then I cross the street.

Hangeng… What if I meet him? How should I approach him? Will I be lucky in this case and fate will make it easy for me? No, let’s be honest, that’s not gonna happen, I scold myself and shake my head lightly. How do people normally fall in love? How does that work? How do they approach the other person? How am I supposed to approach Hangeng? And where could I meet him? On the street? In a café? In a bar? No, Hyukjae’s not with me, so there’s not really a reason for me to go out. During the annual festival? No, I’d have to be extremely lucky for that and since I’ve already figured out that luck is not really on my side… So no meeting at all? Yeah, that sounds like my luck. I’ve probably used up all of it when Hangeng survived the ferry accident at all.

I glance up when I come to another crossing and continue walking when I don’t see a car.

Not meeting Hangeng at all sounds sad, though. Maybe I-

I hear a car honking and in the same moment someone pulls me back harshly. Not even a second later, a car drives right past me. I can’t do anything but stare at the spot where I’ve been walking just a moment earlier until the realization hits me that I would have almost just been driven over.

Yah, aren’t you listening? I said ‘watch out’!” someone complains from behind me in an accented voice and he lets go of me.

I turn around to apologize and to thank the stranger who just saved me, but the moment I see him, all thoughts are wiped from my brain and I can only stare at the young man looking back at me.

Hangeng!

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, here's the net chapter for you all~ I hope you'll like it?

Please remember to comment~ I love all my commenters dearly! <3